The Monster Duchess and Contract Princess - Ch. 63

Dex-chan lover
@Darkmeep : Did you forgot how the church is on the empress's side? During the trial? Or that the person who brought Eli out was that priest guy?

The empress clearly said it in such a way that even if they correctly guessed her intention, she can say they're just being paranoid since what is written is vague enough to be interpreted in other ways.

Even if the emperor know, he can't recklessly act against the church. I'd say look at history, but even at present days you can see the influence of 'religion' on people.

well i know bad guy can be stupid. but idk it will be this stupid. bio-weapon?really? and no antidote? vaccine? or cure?

author throwing in an epidemic-in-a-box to make leslie suffer more lol hopefully plot armour can cancel out plot holes and save the day

they just need leslie to touch it with her darkness magic im?? unless they're just trying to hide that fact as well?

Dex-chan lover
Seriously... she's mental. It's a dark power that even god couldn't destroy and sealed away and she believes she can contain it and use it?

Yeah... this will blow up in a horrible way.

Maybe I've forgotten details because I'm confused on why she HAS to choose between Leslie and the safety of the empire.

She doesn't even have to be the Arabella?

Dex-chan lover
"I just did what the Empress told me to"
yeah, imagine that! Someone evil is going to do something evil because it suits them.
Really, you should have seem that coming stupid maid.

@Qiwis20
If Leslie doesn't become Arabella, then Eli will and the Empire will be ruined as the epidemic thing will be in the queen's hands (since eli is under the queen's thumb)
If Leslie does become Arabella, then the Empire will be safe because the epidemic thing will not be in the queen's hands. However, Leslie will die.

Aggregator gang
@KayleneP: I can't see why. If Arabella died every time, folks wouldn't be so eager to become it. THere's no reason for Leslie to come into direct contact with the disease.

Aggregator gang
My theory is that Leslie won't be affected since her power is basically the despair and fury of the sacrificial Sperados and isn't basically a nightmare which is the same with the illness???

Just my two cents tho

The jewel seal on the elpeltis box is the same color as Leslie's eyes. It can probably only be handled by the power of darkness and shadows, so Leslie will be fine either way.

Dex-chan lover
@Binary10011 I mean, it's some big fancy religious ritual facilitated by the nobility in a fantasy comic. It'd almost be weirder if it was completely safe and innocent.

Dex-chan lover
Hmm. That's...oh dear. Maybe Darkness Magic can help?

Wow this Queen is a piece of work. We hadn't seen any of her demented actions before now, but I guess we always expected something like this. Definitely not the sort of person with enough soul to like Leslie like the rest of us.

How is that stupid girl believing any of this?... oh wait I answered my own question

Also she should tell Leslie, I bet she could use her magic to avoid touching discreetly

Users who are viewing this thread