The Monstrous Duke's Adopted Daughter - Ch. 53

@Glomoro the Milligram experiment being one example for how the normalization of this sort of behavior can play out.

It's important to note that she says that Leslie must get permission from the Duchess and must bring someone who can protect her. Unless the Marquess thinks that he can overpower them, why would he have her say this? 🤔 This seems like a coded warning to Leslie stating that her husband died and that she was either threatened or is struggling. Either way, she doesn't seem to have no feelings or ethics, but rather to be trapped. She's offering what warnings she can at present.

Aww so cute. I hope she learns embroidery and gives everyone’s lots of gifts!

Uh oh I’m worried about this lady. Those evil bastards must have already gotten to her.

At least she’s feeling some guilt for tricking Leslie. Why else would she emphasize that she needed the duchess approval and someone who can protect her. Boy shits gonna go down soon. Hopefully they bring plenty of tough knights to protect her. I’m terrified what will happen once the chains ⛓ get on Leslie. 😱

Thank you for the new chapters!

They are threatening her with her baby and probably put a spell on her so that she can’t tell them anything, right?

no.. NOO... i hope they bring everyone.. i dont want to see anyone die unless they're the sperado

Damn are that dick and his equally dickish daughter threatening to harm that maid's baby just to get to Les. Or is her shop in dire straights and they offered money.
Well at least the maid made it clear that Les should bring someone who can protect her.

Dex-chan lover
Raaawwwr! Let's go to that pub and PICK A FIGHT!

Amroa seems nice. From her last few lines, it's almost certain that the Sperados already got to her, but she clearly still cares and cares a lot. This'll work out fine, I'm sure.

Kinda heartbreaking to hear Leslie talk about her food standards...

Double-page supporter
Hahaha I love the Salvatore knights and staff. And that maid better live a happy life, she gave Leslie a warning even though it looks like she's being threatened. That lady is a good person

oh man I m hoping the situation and arc with the Sperado scum gets resolved soon and the Sperado's get a significantly worse punishment i.e changed into commoners and poor they'll hate it but ideally it'd be best if they're finished from the storyline :/

Dex-chan lover
Obvious ambush with the baby as the hostage. I hope we get to see some DARKNESS action this time lol

I'm calling it, IT'S A TRAP!!! Probably the Sperado kidnap her child and using the child as a hostage to force her to tell her to visit her shop.

Users who are viewing this thread