The NPCs in This Village Sim Game Must Be Real! - Vol. 3 Ch. 12.2

Man the feels. My father's the same way, so this really hits right at home.

Weird scene with the sister but at least he wasn't a complete degenerate about it.

Honestly, I've never made a comment on this site before, but I've just got to say - this is the best manga I've ever read. What a masterpiece.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, that was touching and all. So...back to the sister. Man, such a nice belly.

It was a heartwarming chapter. Being able to question oneself and still improve is a good quality. We're never too old to make mistakes and learn. He has great parents~

Tho. I can't help thinking the sister's scene felt useless but some people probably enjoyed it... So whatever I guess? xD

Spying on his little sister in bathroom, huh.. but you know what they say, incest is wincest 😉

Dex-chan lover
A boomer who self-introspect and able to realize economy environment difference between his era and current era????

Wow this piece of fiction has come too far man, that belongs to Fantasy territory.

Dex-chan lover
@twinklecake
@EzWeeb

Spoilers ahead.
Granted I could be remembering it wrong as it has been a while since I read the novel, and the manga could have changed a few things from the novel.

if I recall correctly then he didn't just abandon her to the rapist guy.
He ran away to call a cop a few streets over, which did get the guy locked up in jail and did actually save her.
It's mostly just him who is traumatised by the event, but his sister is avoiding talking about it because of his mental state.
They are eventually going to patch things up.

Dex-chan lover
@Goldenzeal Well that sucks.

You have a guy who is crippled by something that would genuinely be psychologically crippling, and then you take out the main part of it that makes it unique, namely that it was actual cowardice that would legitimately have him hate himself for years, in an easily grokkable and freshly impactful manner for the readers, and throw it away to make it him being just plain wise instead? It removes a huge chunk of complexity from his character and downgrades the ordeal he's been working to overcome to mostly an illusion of what we thought it was.

Fear of something (say, a knife) that has hurt you in the past has been done enough times, and Japanese protagonists misunderstanding or underestimating themselves is more than overdone. What a disappointment.

At least the remaining parts are still pretty okay, but goddamn is that going to taint even preceding events if you're remembering it correctly.

Thanks for the update, please continue translating this manga really love it. Thank you translators can't wait for the next update.

Dex-chan lover
this manga is so preachy, like the mangaka wants to convince all NEETs that it's their fault for not trying hard enough to do better. is this thing financed by the LDP or something?

Dex-chan lover
@fform well i don't really blame them as for me i still feel a part of it was mine as well but hey just like most people said environment what shape it people and let just said i fell too deep and just being tied down now
at least he is lucky his parents still together in harmony which is why i feel envy at the same time i feel happy for the mc lel :v
at least he have a better family than me :v

Users who are viewing this thread