The NPCs in This Village Sim Game Must Be Real! - Vol. 6 Ch. 27

Group Leader
I'm still curious to see more of how Yamamoto's side works. Is it clear to him that the villagers are sapient? If it is, was he always ok with killing or has the set up of the game taught him to value lives less? Did that lead to being willing to carry over aggressive action into the "real" world?

Unfortunately I'm not sure we'll get answers as the series is very focused on solely providing the MC's perspective of events.
Yamamoto only cared about the reward money after completing the raid.
There's a small backstory on why he does it and why he needs more money on previous chapters.

Dex-chan lover
"That's it, let's take this outside!"

Outside means real life with crowbar.

Dex-chan lover
we waited 3 months for this... and it was worth the wait because things got heated up!

I am excited for the 1v1 battle between a gamer!! IRL!!!!

Jokes aside, I really want mc to attain happiness. He just wanted to be good but life just brought shit to him and he is trying to raise from the ashes.

Dex-chan lover
call the cops, send this fucktard to the jail. he doesn't deserve to see daylight again.

Remember kids, no matter how much you like your vidya gaems it's not okay to break in to a house because someone is beating you in the game.
imagine if protag just whips out a shotgun and shoots his ass in self defense.
now you got the chance to be beaten irl as well, not just in game. double win.

Dex-chan lover
Ok, I now that this is manga logic but still I find it kinda unbelievable that both of them not find it at least somewhat disturbing that they are playing gods for real otherworld people. The MC at least think about their preservation but the evil God guy? In simplified term he literally wants to murder a small village for 40 grands. Why they are still treating it as a, maybe high stakes but still just a game?

MD@Home
Ok, I now that this is manga logic but still I find it kinda unbelievable that both of them not find it at least somewhat disturbing that they are playing gods for real otherworld people. The MC at least think about their preservation but the evil God guy? In simplified term he literally wants to murder a small village for 40 grands. Why they are still treating it as a, maybe high stakes but still just a game?
I don't think we've seen the "Evil God" guy play the game much. For the MC the "graphics" look totally realistic, but for him it might appear like a pixel art game or whatever.
I know I was totally fine with all the gruesomeness in the earliest Mortal Kombat games, because even though they used real actors for the motion capture of the characters, the overall feel was far from realistic and actually pretty silly. Today's MK games though? I stay far away from them.

Dex-chan lover
This really makes me wonder what the purpose of the "game" is and sending it out to players in the "real world" (or other world or whatever it's revealed to be). I mean why have a person as the evil God? Unlike the villagers the monsters don't have the cognitive skills to require complex planning or even be able to respond to it. There might be some things like a golem, but really there's no need to have a human on the other side. If they have a user interface and game like commands there's no reason not to just have the evil God be a simple AI. It'd also save a crap ton of money apparently since they're giving out millions of Yen (and where is that money coming from). There's so much mystery surrounding this game.

Yamamoto himself is a very interesting case. With out MC I thought the mysterious game company targeted people who were down on their luck and needed something to care for. I guess with Yamamoto the argument could be made they're also willing to target people who need help financially but it's been said he could probably get out of his debts legally if he wasn't so hung up on his trash sounding parents. It seems like he needs a more healthy solution like the MC. I'm just curious what the vetting process is here.

Yamamoto is also an interesting case study for pity. Most of the time with killing it's generally argued that proximity and understanding with the person you're killing affects how much you care. Like if you're pressing a button you feel a lot less remorse than if you're on the battlefield stabbing someone in a trench. I wonder what Yamamoto's view of the interface is. There's no way he sees the villagers daily lives and the monsters aren't sophisticated or intelligent enough to have one. I can see how he can become more detached from reality as he focused on the game.
So i think the big twist is that there are two different "game" companies. One was the one that sent the game to the MC and the other is the one that sent it to yamamoto. The "game companies" are rivals and oppose eachother hence the different game systems and mechanics and motives.

Dex-chan lover
I am fully hoping the little dragon helps in kicking the dude's ass
me too, although i'm pretty sure the dragon is going to use the miracle while mc is held up by yamaoto

how fckn funny would it be if lil lizard boy dunked on him though

Users who are viewing this thread