The Otome Heroine's Fight for Survival - Vol. 4 Ch. 16

Dex-chan lover
Who the huck is out there eating other peoples shawarma? Filthy Heathens 😡
Doordash subreddit shows up in my feed a lot, and apparently this sort of thing happens more than expected. The one that stuck with me even though I only glanced at it, is the driver drops off the food and when the client asks for their shake just gets, "Oh yeah my kid was hungry and drank that, sorry."

Dex-chan lover
Graves had better start calling her "Rhythm", because she's gonna get him.

Really he should have restrained first, talk later. Pretty sure he should be at least as stealthy as Aria's scout master and the water spirit is drawing her attention. But the show must go on and the villain has to commit a lot of mistakes to keep the underdog MC kicking. And the grudge match of course when she's at a closer power level.

Dex-chan lover
I'm sad to hear this series hasn't been getting much love... I've personally been absolutely loving it! Aria is one of my favourite manga protagonists!

Dex-chan lover
Like others have said I get that she and princess have some form of kinship with each other but its so little here that feels really really weak to go outta yur way for her. I hope the friendship we have barely seen is worth it in the end.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the TL. The quality of your work inspired me to go read the entire Light Novel series. Granted, that means I now know what is coming, but it's fine because the translation you're doing here is significantly better than the work done for the LN.

Dex-chan lover
Doesn't seem like this guy actually cared very much about killing her if her falling in a river was enough for him to give up.

Dex-chan lover
Just for the record, this part of the series is literally called Vagabond. Which means our precious little MC is a literal murder hobo. Enjoy that knowledge.

Dex-chan lover
Absolute loyalty to Elena? Alright, I can get behind this.

Also Grave is kinda dumb. She survived my attacks and I had to chase her all over the place, but she went swimming. Must be dead.

It’s going faster than the LN yes. Most things feel more impactful and really shows how Aria struggles in most of her battles. In the manga she isn’t shown to be as much in trouble as she actually is.
How much more "struggle" is there after almost dying by the hands of that assassin ?, I do feel its a bit accelerated just going by how there isn't much offtime (Haven't read the LN) but I rather look at the violence than "noble this noble that + training montage"

Dex-chan lover
How much more "struggle" is there after almost dying by the hands of that assassin ?, I do feel its a bit accelerated just going by how there isn't much offtime (Haven't read the LN) but I rather look at the violence than "noble this noble that + training montage"
It’s not only the fight against the assassins, in basically every combat until now (except some goblins she trained on during the travels) she was not in control and usually have to force her skills to perform at a higher tier. Just as an example we have the bandit hunt where she fought the leader, here in the manga it looked like she was in full control and it was over in a couple of panels, but it was actually really close as she had to optimise her stamina and the bandit were really good at aiming for her.

There isn’t much off-time in the LN either, there’s like one arc that’s a bit slower but we’re far from that. Training time is mostly skipped now as she gets more training while in combat.

Dex-chan lover
If you knew how much the pace was slowed down by overexplanation you wouldn't be saying this. The pacing of the novel is actually super slow because the author feels like they have to explain in detail everything.
Well, you have no luck this time, for I yearn for the minute explanations. Every single detail, the less important the better!

Users who are viewing this thread