The Politics Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dex-chan lover
Regardless of the analogy used, I don't see any significant physical border walls being built using Mexican government money to the extent the American voters were led to believe, hence my confusion.

Double-page supporter
So why aren’t more workers a good thing? Also the main reason there aren’t many jobs in America is because they all got shipped overseas to be cheaper

Dex-chan lover
@immortalartisan
What racist man? 😕

You haven't lived long enough to recognize the way the Democrats paint anyone that doesn't have a D by their name as a criminal, racist, sex monger, and enemy of mother earth, to crush and silence any opinion or viewpoint other then their own agenda.
Personally I still believe in innocent till proven guilty, giving the benefit of the doubt , and the use of logic and common sense to analyse the Demo-rats and media's version of reality.

If we want to paint with a broad brush, and assume all members of a group are guilty till proven innocent, then one could say all individuals of Chinese ethnicity are agents of the Communist party of China. How can such a accusation be proven false in a guilty till proven innocent type peer judicial system? It's just as impossible as proving to the satisfaction of the Left wing cucks that we are not racist, knuckle dragging, spawn of Satan, that want sewage for water, smog for air, and charred wasteland for a landscape as far as the eye can see. 👹

Here's a link to a video that references the Charlottesville media lies that are so prevalent lately.

Dex-chan lover
@comeonnow0

Sorry, I misunderstood your point. I thought you were objecting to the premise that a neighboring country may be responsible (at least in part) for maintaining secure borders.

You are right that failure to live up to that campaign promise is a mark against Trump.

@immortalartisan

Why would more workers be a good thing? I certainly agree with you that companies moving jobs overseas has had a bigger impact on the amount and quality of American jobs than illegal immigration. However, I find it hard to imagine how having more workers competing for jobs, especially when those workers often work under the table (substandard wages, less / no taxes paid by employer or worker, no benefits required, etc), is a benefit.

Illegal immigrants have indirect effects on American workers as well. For example, consider construction companies which often employ illegals. If company A charges less for work done because they're paying workers less, avoiding taxes, etc then they are going to edge out company B who is employing Americans and abiding by American labor laws. That hurts the business owner and all of his workers and support staff. Might eventually put him out of business.

Also, regardless of whether more workers is a good thing or not, I believe the most relevant question is whether a nation is sovereign. If it is (which I would argue is true and ought to be true), then it has the right to decide whether it wants more workers or not.

I believe this last point is really the most important.

Dex-chan lover
Another problem with large groups of people crossing the border unchecked is the fact the drug cartels, and human sex trafficers make use of the chaos to get across without detection. These undesirables prey on the border communities on both sides creating mayhem.
The wall prevents the uncontrolled flow of people in and out of America so the cartels and trafficers have a harder time operating. Couple that with the fact Mexico has started actively cracking down on illegal crossings into their territory from southern border nations, the caravans of foreign activist money backed rent a mobs the cartels and trafficers used for cover have dried up as well.

Also the tariffs imposed on Latin American goods went toward the wall, and like Trump said the gains from the North American Trade Deal would go toward repayment for the wall's construction as well.

Here's a link to prove Mexico is contributing to the effort.

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
@Halo
That's right, our tax money is going to way more important shit like a lottery where you could'vr won the presidential plane, or a train whose path goes right through hundreds of kilometers of jungle where endangered species live, or cancelling the new airport that was going to be built at the capital because the previous one is so full, all the flights are in constant delay.

Fed-Kun's army
@halo If it's Mexico they have El Spirito Airlines.
(Turns to camera 3)
El Spirito Airlines, you'll be visiting your ancestors soon, we guarantee it. Magic guitars available for additional fee.

Fed-Kun's army
@immortalartisan
So why aren’t more workers a good thing? Also the main reason there aren’t many jobs in America is because they all got shipped overseas to be cheaper
They're a good thing if you own a business, or if you're a politician so you can see that GDP number go up, not if you yourself are a worker. It's also weird that on the one hand you welcome more workers while on the other state that there are less jobs in America due to shipping them overseas. Wouldn't that just lead to a tense situation getting more tense due to scarcity?

Dex-chan lover
America is like primetime sitcom for me. Laugh almost everytime I watch it, have strong opinions about it despite not being anywhere near it/ not relatable at all, interested in the latest developments. Wishing for impossible character comebacks. Lastly keep thinking how ridiculous the entire premise/plot is; As if this show would ever work in real life.

+ Wondering how this show still manages to continue after over 200 years of airing

Dex-chan lover
Automatization and shipping jobs overseas?
Nah, brother. We have to protect our jobs from Juan who barely can speak 2 words in English.

Supporter
@Halo
We have to protect our jobs from Juan who barely can speak 2 words in English.
not gonna lie you got me pretty good with this one.
giphy.gif

Dex-chan lover
@Chrona First they took our jobs, then they took our memes.
Why won't you use AMERICAN CHILDREN in your memes, you commie! 😡

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread