The Politics Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@The_Pirate
Why are you linking those articles? Unless you're stating you weren't being serious about your beliefs and therefore really did believe in those racist and ableist posts you made earlier?
*face palm*

Yaoi manga literally have a better shit to read than that quote.

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
sterven shoot me with your revolver please i cant take it anymore this dude is worse than harem mcs

@sterven
Another example would be African-Americans believing that all Mexican-Americans are lazy, a commonly held view by white supremacists. The reverse is also true, you have a lot of Mexican-Americans that support the belief that Afican-Americans are inherently violent. Just see the clashes between Hispanics and African-Americans at BLM rallies.

@Richman
Is this the "literal" use of literally or the "figurative" use of literally? I don't see any statement by Halo admitting he was lying at anypoint, just links. I was just following @Ceildric's opinion that Halo was developmentally delayed from earlier in the thread. Unless you're saying that was joke, then that would mean that Ceildric was making an incredibly ableist joke deflecting blame from actual racists and ableists like himself.

Supporter
Bitch I told you I don't have a rick grimes but i'll get my 12.

@The_Pirate
Kinda racist that you keep bringing up African Americans and Mexicans why not Asians? or Natives? or Indians? Arabs? Sounds to me like you don't want to include them at all bigot or maybe you just have a problem with those two races.

Dex-chan lover
@richman you could just copy the @ to ping those guys.
this whole session is so stupid. i guess this is what these unstupid people see in the throne of wokeness

Staff
Super Moderator
hazzack
no
hahaha, it's just that I'd rather fix my altgr key than having to copy the at symbol everytime i want to at someone.

BLM "rallies"
I would not consider those rallies if there is violence between people as you said

@sterven
If you want more examples I'd be happy to give them to you. For Arabs it's an internalized belief that "they should be Islamic", for Asians, there's an internalized belief that "just because they are Asian, they should be getting good grades easily and doing better than their peers". Indians constantly struggle with the internalized belief that "they should go into Computer Sciences for work". Native Americans fall victim to the concept that "being drunk is an okay thing to be, after all, "it's just expected of them."" All of these hurt a lot of families in many ways.

I'm just glad there's a lot of left-leaning sympathies in this thread, with the hate of Trump and the support of the concept of no borders. Truly even the concept of building a wall is laughable and let's me know that a lot of you guys are on the right side of history right next to me, as opposed to supporting any hateful bigots.

Editted to add quotations marks to add a distinction between use/mention concerning racism as a discussion of beliefs.

@The_Pirate
you should stop bein' a nerd like that, you just need to know that and bein' understand to people around you. That's all you need to do, no need to tell people that white blablabla to blablabla, it's just an embarrassing thing to say and bein seen by thousand of people (other/s race)

Idc if youre african-american or something that i don't even know. You should see other/s people b4 stating some shit like that.

Dex-chan lover
Ironic that the only guy making stereotyped generalizations about groups of people based on their race is the guy claiming everyone else is "racist".

Edit:

Whoops, I just assumed everyone's sex.

@ColorfulSoy
I've tried to be understanding of people in the thread. First I have @Ceildric telling me that @Halo is a developmentally stunted person, and believing people to be good and honest I took him at his word. Now it turns out Halo isn't and was just joking about feeling bad for being a racist and ableist? Which means he's just a racist and ableist I guess.

@Ceildric
I was asked to provide examples of internalized racism, these are not endorsements of fact, but endorsement that there are people out there that truly believe these things, and some minorities have internalized this narratives. I do admit, it was my fault for not minding the "use/mention" dichotomy to discern how I was using the language, and for that I apologize, I will edit all previous posts to be in quotation marks for easier discernment.

Supporter
@The_Pirate
No thank you I don't want to be lectured by a racist anymore maybe instead you should strive to improve your sense of racism and ableism over time, to help improve the health of the community.

@Ceildric
Whoops, I just assumed everyone's sex.
tenor.gif

Staff
Super Moderator
let's me know that a lot of you guys are on the right side of history
Next you're going to tell me that "I'm one of the good guys".

For Arabs it's an internalized belief that they should be Islamic, for Asians, there's an internalized belief that, just because they are Asian, they should be getting good grades easily and doing better than their peers. Indians constantly struggle with the internalized belief that they should go into Computer Sciences for work. Native Americans fall victim to the concept that being drunk is an okay thing to be, after all, "it's just expected of them."
Those sound a lot more like harmful stereotypes than actual internalized racism.

Hold up, i'm doing some research.

@The_Pirate Nobody thinks being drunk is okay. It's just that some people have more addictive personalities or choose to cope with their life by drinking to death.

@sterven
I apologize sterven, while attempting to explain the question you yourself asked and showed ignorance of racism, I failed to address the "use/mention" distinction in my writing causing confusion. I have hence corrected my posts, in order to remedy this misunderstanding of addressing the concept of a racist belief and the endorsement of a racist belief. I hope that you, the racist who originally asked for my clarification, can forgive me for doing so.

Supporter
@Richman
Bruh IT (i don't want to assume lol) when it comes to its senses.
tenor.gif

@The_Pirate
No the way you carried yourself throughout the entire sermon has been remarkably racist and no amount of backtracking and editing can spare you from carrying the title you so richly deserve racist.

@sterven
"It" is incredibly offensive way to refer to people who are genderfluid or othergender. It's othering and reductive. I thought you calling me a racist was sincere, but it turns out you were just camouflaging your sexism and transphobia as well.
No the way you carried yourself throughout the sermon has been remarkably racist and no amount of backtracking and editing can spare you from carrying the title you so richly deserve racist.

I can't take this to heart knowing that you aren't being honest in this discussion anymore. I have corrected the "use/mention" distinction I failed to earlier and have no need to respond to someone both racist and sexist like yourself after this point.

As you yourself stated.
But I thought minories can't be racist?
Which seems to be the only honest thing you've said so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread