The Politics Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@wowfucktron
Regardless, you're doing the same thing Halo was doing, derailing discussions for no reason other than pot stirring.
As far as the record shows, Halo only actually feels anything when attacked from the Left. This seems to imply this is where his political stance lies, as he can't use the common tools of cynicism, sarcasm or attacked from such a direction, with some underlying sense of either intellectual or moral superiority. It seems to be the only way to provoke an actual stance from him.

@brapebony
Then don't engage him if he is clearly only interested in being a hyper partisan agitator with an agenda of derailment in civilized discussion, an accelerationist if you will.

Dex-chan lover
I wish I was attacked form the Left. Then, I'd attain the status of the only true centrist in this thread.

Dex-chan lover
I point you to the truest meme ever devised by man
20e.png

Dex-chan lover
Halo is being Halo, we all knew this from the beginning.

@Halo
Uhhhh sure? I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smells of elderberries.

@brapebony
Because eventually you might get punished if he evokes a strong enough reaction out of you. Its how it always works with trolls on forums.

Why is he still allowed to be here?
I assume he hasn't said or done anything that the mods consider worthy of taking action against.

Dex-chan lover
I'm a big fucking retard, I didn't know.
Even though I made an effort to put a warning? https://mangadex.org/thread/16434/83/#post_4319204
lKvei6u.png

Talk about being ungrateful...

@wowfucktron
So let me get this straight. He intentionally disrupts the thread. Intentionally derails discussion. Doesn't provide anything meaningful or honest, but the ones who get punished are those that don't like him and what he's doing?

Why?

Fed-Kun's army
Isn't this in the very first post in the thread?
Rule 1: Be Civil. Because of the volatile nature of politics, it's important that we all respect opposing viewpoints.
We know he disrupts discussion, intentionally, we know he mocks everyone, intentionally, we know he shit stirs, intentionally. Yet this counts as being civil?

Dex-chan lover
As someone who really values free speech, I don't think Halo flamebaiting or trolling really is an issue.

He's free to make an ass of himself if he wishes, but that means we're free to mock him for it, or to point out that he's being an ass.

Fed-Kun's army
@Tamerlane
Does this mean I have free reign to call him a retard every time he posts then? If not, then it seems the relationship is one sided in power.

@chrona
Civility rules are only enforced on forums when mods personally disagree with something someone said. And because he's coyly baiting one side, the mods let it pass due to the fact that he can always play dumb.

As @Tamerlane said, he's free to be an ass and you're free to engage him, but we're also free to mock him and politely ask you to refrain from feeding him because it adds nothing to the discussion but headaches.

Dex-chan lover
I mean, I would say you do, but I don't think Zeph would like that very much.

You basically just have to not play his game by his rules, and more or less catch him with the pitfalls of his arguments or positions.
@Chrona

Fed-Kun's army
@wowfucktron
Does this mean I have free reign to call him a retard each time he posts?
@Tamerlane
That's the thing though. He doesn't have arguments, he flails like a retard, and if I am to be honest, I want to address him as such, as that is the way he is acting. You can't refute a retards arguments. That's not how it works. If it's not civil for me to call him a retard, why does he get free reign? That doesn't sound like free speech at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread