The Rising of the Shield Hero - Vol. 11 Ch. 44 - False Charges Again.

Aggregator gang
The horrible thing about this cliche is that it's based upon reality.

This type of shit does happen in real life.

The Bow Hero falls into one of the classic abusive personalities. He demands total loyalty from his followers, while giving no loyalty in return. He will tolerate no competition, no challengers, which actually undermines his effectiveness as he discourages his supporters from becoming the best that they can be, lest they threaten his supremacy; even though he demands total loyalty, since he is incapable of giving loyalty he will not trust someone to stay loyal once they grow to the point that they could rival him; thus, he will tolerate no equals. While not physically abusive, he's a complete prick in regard to being emotionally manipulative, getting everything he can out of someone and then discarding them, hopefully in such a way that they'll remove themselves permanently from the equation. Other people aren't "real" to him, they have no value outside of what they can do for him, and he is incapable of taking the long view in regard to cultivating a strong base of support.

Double-page supporter
I can relate to Motoyasu on that one, I'm also bad with the wear-your-heart-on-your-sleeve type.

Double-page supporter
Zero god damn respect for someone that willingly pathetic. I'd love to watch that world burn.

Power Uploader
@Weasalopes

Just wait til the final battle, it's a literal and figurative Sh!tshow where crap is flung far and wide.

I read the wn to the end, even with it being semi-difficult to read (not knowing who's saying what 75% of the time). I might need to go read it again... LOL

Double-page supporter
@GodricKharg I liked both too, just preferred the other.

The grimdark feel of the original was a great idea, I wish more authors would go for an open-ending like that, they tend to have more impact than an ending which wraps everything up in a neat little package.

Dex-chan lover
Well, it went well in the end... but how can it always go the same way? It's like reading chapter one over and over again ~.~

Dex-chan lover
So he will trust a female that is not slaved to him in his part just like that?
Okay then...

Power Uploader
@mahtan

You do know he identifies with her right? How the world is treating her? Throwing her away as if she’s garbage?

Wait, Your right... he went through something worse. She’s not had a single hardship compared to him so he shouldn’t trust her.

That aside, I don’t think he’ll completel6 trust her but he’s okay with that cause I think, at this point, he doesn’t expect her to be with him forever. One of those, “She’ll Get real good, and Itsuki will try to get her back and she still loves him and thus returns” crap turns.

Honestly I’d rather see her with spearhero than bow hero again. At least he’d treat her “right” compared to bowboy.

Interesting factoid: Fue is the preterit(past) conjugation of "Ir" in Spanish

Aggregator gang
@GodricKharg

Don't tell me if I'm right or not, but I'm wondering if he ends up somehow finding enough common ground with the Heroes from the other side, who seem honorable and good people, to find a minimal damage resolution to things.

A true long term solution would require that being a viable option within the parameters the various Powers-that-be established when they set the whole thing up.

I'm looking forward to seeing just how things fall out in the end.

Fed-Kun's army
??I cracked up so hard seeing Naofumi's face when Motoyasu accused him of being "that kinda guy" ?

Dex-chan lover
why would she be in love with such a piece of shit she must be crazy herself

Users who are viewing this thread