The Rising of the Shield Hero - Vol. 24 Ch. 100 - Big Shots of the Underground

Fed-Kun's army
Oh, these two.
Heard that the female twin underwent a heavy rewrite in the LN Version from the WN. Interested to see that.
Really? where? I have read the LN, so you can tell me, I honestly don't think she has, (haven't read the WN, but I have read about it in wikis).

Fed-Kun's army
:meguusmug: They bought Sadeena's assets. Best chapter ever. Also, all these kids better have a level cap because bigger means more food
The world has a lvl cap of 100, only because the way to break it has long been since lost to time, eventually they discover it later down the line and with that there's no more cap, that said, there's a certain amount that don't want to fight at all. And also........
some might die

Fed-Kun's army
Oooh boy, wonder if they're gonna do the mad scientist arc
That arc doesn't exist in the LN, it has been scrapped and integrated some parts, that said, those arrive on LN 20+ not sure where might be 21 or 22, probably guessing 21, we're currently at the end of LN 10 and start of LN 11...so, yeah...you can more or less ETA when it'll come...

Fed-Kun's army
I know kid ain't a doctor but man...is it necessary to put that much bandage? Or maybe it's some scars?
She's almost dead and her skin is COVERED in sores...so, yeah...it needs that much, LN actually says she looked like a mummy, and though I believe this is a little bit less that that, it still proves the point.

Fed-Kun's army
god i wish i could love this manga more, i just fucking hate how far they go to justify the use of slavery or at the least "no no, its ok when the mc uses slaves!"

and yes i know, its fiction but damn it really takes me out of it when we see how badly slaves are treated throughout the series then the turn around of the mc haveing a fucking child slave army and its treated like its kinda mischevious at worst. just break the slave seals and say their grateful enough to fight against slavers, how is it that hard???
You're not "entirely wrong" but they're using it in the sense that since MC has stat and lvl (exp) enhancements for his "slaves" then he really can't get the seals off, at least not until they're leveled enough or if he unlocks something else that is similar in nature, that well he eventually does, but by that point, they've already dealt with Phoenix and Kirin and the Dragon (Ooryu) he basically talked with it (he has talked with several dragons by where the LN is already so not really a spoiler) so it won't "awaken" like the turtle did unless it's the last resort since these animals can kill 2/3rds of the worlds ppl to make a shield on top of planet, essentially "saving" the planet from catastrophe, but well...the inhabitants...end up quite a bit scarce, and so, also since the kids are used to him by then, they don't even think about asking about him removing it...also it's big problem after big problem for MC, so he has no time and is running to many places always so he's barely on home base, making it harder for them to even ask...

Fed-Kun's army
They cut a few parts here that are important. Naofumi ordered the Weapon merchant to pop the price bubble of the slaves by spreading rumors that the Shield Hero was freeing them by force. Also, Sadeena had already prepared a contingency plan in case the merchant came for the children (she was leading with the underground after all, there was no way to know if he would keep his word)

Also, It's at this point that Raphtalia explains why Sadeena is after Naofumi, it's because he beat her in a drinking contest. I also found the reaction of the children when they hear they will go back to being slaves lacking, it needed a big panel and more shock and tears.

Sincerely this adaptation had better days. It's still a whole lot better than the anime was, but could be better. I guess you still have a good reason to read the novel.
I remember him telling him to pop the bubble, but not really given a "how to do it" also not really beaten, but was treated as if eating the luchor berry was the same as that XD also they skipped the "proving he is the shield hero" by eating one of those berries, it was honestly funny, and all the villager kids saying word by word what Sadeena had said of marrying someone that can outdrink her. And I feel I'm forgetting something else more XD

Fed-Kun's army
the bonus can work in whatever way the author wants, they simpy choose to have it be a slave mark. there is no rule anywhere stateing "yes, you must keep the children as slaves in order to give them a bonus to exp". its just giving justifcation for a creepy trope.
well, it's way too late to rant about that tbh. He unlocked Slave User Shield and Monster User Shield since s1 eps 5. Also, who do you expect to help Naofumi in early game when the Queen went for diplomatic? You expect him to believe Queen's Shadows after he got betrayed by Bitch?

Fed-Kun's army
What do you mean???
they're not twins, just normal siblings. The franchise never said "twins" and always use "siblings" to refer both of them. Then I heard recently someone asking "are they twins" and some mistook that, thought they are twins and started spreading false info even though they already saw the siblings' face structures. The char intro they put on the anime website and twitter also didn't have "twins" in it, it had "Atla: Fohl's little sister". I wonder who is spreading the false info.

Dex-chan lover
god i wish i could love this manga more, i just fucking hate how far they go to justify the use of slavery or at the least "no no, its ok when the mc uses slaves!"

and yes i know, its fiction but damn it really takes me out of it when we see how badly slaves are treated throughout the series then the turn around of the mc haveing a fucking child slave army and its treated like its kinda mischevious at worst. just break the slave seals and say their grateful enough to fight against slavers, how is it that hard???
If the seal gets removed then someone else could put a new one. It's insurance in a way

Users who are viewing this thread