The Rising of the Shield Hero

Dex-chan lover
In hindsight, I'm kinda surprised the demi-human country didn't just invade the human country after it was revealed they summoned all four heroes and basically shat on their god.

@despacitoLad I'm honestly not sure if that is allowed, considering I have no idea how skills and abilities work. For all we know, parry is a skill that is locked in some buckler or something, so trying to parry normally just ends up blocking instead of diverting the attack. Even then, I'm not exactly sure how that would benefit him in a decent amount of situations, cause, there are a lot of situations where there is just a shitstorm of stuff after him or nothing but ranged attacks.

I remembered this due to the anime adaptation and there have been like 10 chapters in total that I need to catch up with.
It's been so long I though I'd just go and re-read it.
Damn I remember how gut wrenching it was the last time around and turns out I'm even weaker emotionally than I was back when I first read it... If this isn't the perfect suicide fuel manga I don't know what is.

@mirza @Azurekite1 if they still use the same stuff from the web novel in the light novel and manga, the answer is the other 3 heroes is an avid plater and has played different kind of game (mmo for motoyasu, vr game for ren and console game for itsuki aaand spoiler
(they probably come from different earth too)
that has close mechanic to the world they summoned to, like the way of leveling up and upgrade the holy weapon and some aspect like the holy beast even though everything else is really different but because they also already died once their mind is little bit fucked up and they think they are the choosen one (which is they are) like some summoned isekai MC trope and have awesome cheats. thats why they do whatever they think its the right way.

naofumi is really different since when he is summoned he still alive and thats why he is confused, clueless and don't know anything at all. he has bitch as his first "party" isn't helping at all.

AND PLEASE READ THE LIGHT NOVEL OR EVEN THE WIKIA/FANDOM TO SEARCH INFORMATION REGARDING THE SERIES, IT'S BETTER THAN YOU PEOPLE BITCHING AROUND BECAUSE YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT

Dex-chan lover
From pissed in the first few chapters to D'awwwwwwww upon getting Raphtalia real quick

Raphtalia was the only reason I read this, but it's just so bad... there's still a few chapters left but that's it for me. 😑

Dex-chan lover
With pokemon shield coming out late this year,I feel like this guy would have this guy on his team
aegislash-blade.jpg

The series is good but I would've let half the world get slaughtered by monster after what he got put through that and let the 3 heros let their stupidity get them killed, I just wouldn't care an eye for a eye X10 you pieces of ****

Going to wait till the whole things translated its to cringy on how unrealistic this can be, because realistically the main characters to nice I would have slaughtered the queens daughter after giving her to some orcs and using recording magic and watched it

Group Leader
@_lcb_
what chapter should i read from starting from episode 8 of the anime?
Chapter 1. I haven't watched the anime, but as with a lot of anime, they probably missed some parts. Also it's a pretty quick read.

what chapter should i read from starting from episode 8 of the anime?

To be honest you should read the novel. Both the manga and the anime skip a lot of important details, especially on the growth of Naofumi, so if you want to learn more about it, be ready to invest a lot of time to understand what the heck is going on.

Also, note that the events in the novel are partially different from manga and anime (which make less sense and the added "content" was just to provide more immediate action sequences).

Group Leader
To be honest you should read the novel. Both the manga and the anime skip a lot of important details, especially on the growth of Naofumi, so if you want to learn more about it, be ready to invest a lot of time to understand what the heck is going on.

Also, note that the events in the novel are partially different from manga and anime (which make less sense and the added "content" was just to provide more immediate action sequences).
That's fair, but it would be easier to go from anime to manga than from anime to a text wall.

Dex-chan lover
People say, "the web novel is better".
They are indeed right.
Just like stepping on a rusty nail is better than firing a 12 gauge shotgun at your own foot.

Aggregator gang
since the anime will have like 25ep. how many vol. of the LN will the anime adapt?

Dex-chan lover
@JoeKerr so the only thing we have to fear for is getting tetanus? The other option could cause dismemberment, but...

Users who are viewing this thread