The Strongest Cheat Player - Ch. 1 - That Which Is Benevolent Is Invincible

This is very different from what I expected after reading the description. I expected shit, but it's funny and self aware.
Also the art looks good.

"This X sign is so tiny"
> shit, my hand slipped, I miss-clicked

This is basicaly real life.

Supporter
Not yet sure about this one. It's not an instant drop at least.

Double-page supporter
Follow for now.

But I am not so sure about the start.
A twelf year old boy is transported to another world and simply accepts it without ever having trouble being separated from his family?
That does not sound so believeable.

I could understand it if he was an orphan to begin with, has already changed families several times for different reasons and only is temporarily taken care of by a family right now where he then starts playing in secret.
But that isn't the case.
So the fact that he doesn't even think about a way to return home after being transported to another world seems strange.

@Talh you over estimate people's attachment. He's a 12 year old gamer who didnt like studying, but now he's in a world where he has to study in order to enjoy the world. Think of when Harry Potter was out, tons of kids dreamed of going to hogwarts,
You don't need trauma or attachment, that shackles the story. Too many clichéd developments happen, you have stories where the guy admits he works at a black company and had no friends or family but still wants to go back because reasons? I despise the desire to return story, because it is a mediocre way of forcing the story along in many cases, and the ones where it is used well are few and far between. If someone like that can still want to go back to a life of nothing, why wouldn't a 12 year old want to live a power fantasy?

Rebellious kid playing games avoiding studying gets put in a world of fun and fighting, what child doesn't dream of being a super hero. I get the idea but this is a story about him in a new world, and trying to force us to care about his middle school friends we haven't met or family who will only appear in flashbacks is more likely to bore a reader

This has alot of potential if the author doesn’t rush it. In any case I’m hyped for the rest!!

Btw does anyone know the light novel title?

Double-page supporter
@FrostBlood:
You have no kids anywhere among your close relatives and even less yourself, right?
Of course, children dream about going on an adventure BUT as soon as they realize that it means being separated from your parents, siblings and friends they wanna go back.

You should know the saying "You Don't Know What You Have Until It's Gone.".
That is exactly the case for children dreaming of going on an adventure alone.

The MC might have been excited about the experience for 1 week or so but then he would have definitely missed his mother and his father, maybe siblings (if he has them) and other people.
Also the comfort of the modern world is something he would miss, too.
Or do you think they have such things as flush toilets in a world that is set in an age before such things were invented?

So the issue is that there is no mention about the MC not wishing to return home before living for several years in that other world.

Rewriting this for the millionth time, but it's fantasy. Empathy only goes so far, it's insanely hard to understand the emotional impact it has case by case, you already made the assumption he isn't from a broken home and that all children are static who will regret being isekaid. While there are children who can barely handle sleep away camp, other kids love boarding school the instant they get there, and don't even talk to their family. Isekai mcs wanting to go home make them more relatable to us on earth, but for martial arts stories with cultivation combat and life or death combat its a burden.

We know nothing of his family or personal life beyond the short glimpse, and if the story implements this theme poorly it shows. Over a thousand episodes of one piece and no conclusion even remotely in sight, not because everyone is patient that patient, but because the fights characters and world are entertaining on their own. You brought in your own ideals too soon, and even if you were right that every single child with parents a roof and modern luxury were happy as could be, you forget most kids reading wuxia or shounen haven't experienced this, and as such won't understand why someone would want to leave a magic video game world, the dream of all gamers. Even if they did, it's a crutch that often alienates both readers and the people in the world if done wrong.

It's too complex a topic to just say "HE SHOULD WANT TO GO HOME" off the bat

I rewrote it so many times that this comes off wrong, but Asian culture is often devoid of affection, to hear "good job" is something of an oddity in many families, much less "I love you" or any display of affection, our preconceived notions of what should and shouldn't be in a story are based on our own experiences, and this story hasn't gone long enough to say whether that wanting to go home would be a crutch, burden, or boon. Therefore arguing over child psychology for a cultivation novel is pointless, you asserted your statements with too much prejudice and focus, we know too little of this character and his family life to decide if he should want to go back, all we know is he likes gaming, so, of course a video game world should interest him. Beyond that is up to the authors discretion

You never know what you have till you lost it might apply here, but as it stands he is not homesick or missing his family he is enjoying a world almost tailor made for a gamer, and perhaps he may come to regret not being able to live with his parents or show them his achievements but that's not come up yet, and it could be used later on in the story when he starts to question himself. The mindsets of people from different countries and cultures are varied as can be

Nothing is loading for me and this is happening with a lot of other manga -.-

Fed-Kun's army
@Evilmambapower your comment made me remember a 16 year old married some 50 year old. After 10 minutes of Google with some phrasing manipulation. Found it.

Courtney Stodden. Yeah when she was 16 either those clothes or just very full.

Further found an article about celebrities who dated teenagers. Some reasonable like 25 man dating 18. Most was little disturbed by especially Paul Walker. Can't believe he was 33 when he started dating a 16 year old (at the same time his daughter was 15).

Tyga? (Never heard of this person) apparently left his fiance and baby mama for a Kardashian who was only a teenager. The issue isn't her being a teen, it's you being a piece of trash.

Users who are viewing this thread