The Villainess Is Adored by the Crown Prince of the Neighboring Kingdom - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Dex-chan lover
how is it, that even though every single otome isekai starts out with the same premise, they are able to spin it into original content?
what witchcraft do they use, that Otome Isekai are so vastly superior to normal isekai?
How do they have actual characters with personalities?
What makes the gap in quality between Otome Isekai and normal isekai so huge?

Aggregator gang
I agree LONG LIVE OTOME ISEKAI! Soon it will take over the world! :D

Dex-chan lover
yes another one,in the last one, she was the one securing another fiancee, now its the other way around, nice

Dex-chan lover
@boag

Standard shounen/seinen(/shoujo?) isekai throws the main MC into a fantasy world typically with game-like stats and are overpowered or laughably underpowered... possibly becoming overpowered later on. All things that are as believable as you can imagine and that's about it. A lot of time is used in describing the (mostly similar) setting which slows down their pace. While there is character development, it takes a backseat to the daily life of main characters and fighting.

For all the ones I did follow, they all became absurd at some point; the authors all eventually stack on so much powercreep they become near impossible to follow. Their beginnings are all vastly sad/boring tales too.

Otome game isekai throws out all the stats and starts with a similar premise, especially ones focusing on a villain female (which most do). The setting needs very little description to be understood by the audience. So they can get straight to the absurdity of taking a random average female and placing her in a snobby/cruel/arrogant female body. As the setting typically needs little description afterward, most of the focus can be on the hijinks that ensue for the characters.

Regular isekai typically have to explain how magic, skills, strength, item creation, gods, races, fighting, etc work. Otome game ones don't need to for the most part. If they do, it can be described quickly to get the point across.

That's my opinion of why they are more instantly captivating than your average isekai fantasy/vrmmo adventure.

Dex-chan lover
These otome isekais are really trending. Not that im complaining lol
The effect of Bakarina is strong.

Dex-chan lover
great stuff
when will a mangaka/light novelist be brave enough to have a guy get isekaied into an objectively shitty otome game
that'd be a riot

Dex-chan lover
@Groomp There is one by the shorthand name of "otome game mob". Which kind of fits the bill, but also not at the same time.

I dont know if it's because I've read so many otome villainous isekai by now, but I find it strange that the villainous is hardly ever too villainous in the first place.

They are just teenage girls that have high social positions have been engaged to a prince or whatever and a random girl commoner or other lower position comes in a lnd seduces and takes their fiancee away.

Like unless they committed actual heinous crimes it wouldnt be allowed due to social standings. A king usually cant afford to offend a Duke who is a prime minister or holds important lands. Like the prince here really shouldn't be allowed to anull the marriage on his own without his fathers permission and a discussion with her father.

But oh well otome games all push a similar angle of NTRing the "villainous".

Dex-chan lover
Banishment from the kingdom just because the prince wants to abandon the engagement? Didn't seem like she even abuse or harass anyone. Seems way too harsh. Why any punishment at all? Wish the otome isekai would at least think of something reasonable and logical.

@Groomp Take a look at "Akuyaku Reijo Ni Koi Wo Shite" and "I Appear to have been Reincarnated as a Love Interest in an Otome Game" on NovelUpdates, both have male protagonists and are otome game/villainess based.

Dex-chan lover
aII of this kind of isekai otoge made me want to have VN isekai with chivaIry setting

Users who are viewing this thread