The Villainess Is Adored by the Crown Prince of the Neighboring Kingdom - Vol. 5 Ch. 18

Tiara has become so unlikable as a result of her crippling insecurity towards Aqua and Ashihara. Seriously, her behaviour is off-putting beyond belief.

Fed-Kun's army
I can't fucking stand Tiara

at first she was pitiful, now she's annoying, to say the least.

@ArisenDresden
Ah I see. So I do not need to take that serious at all. Thanks for clarifying.
And really, please do not insult people if they do not like the manga you like any longer, that just comes across as really immature. People have differeny tastes after all. And I don't even mean that as an insult.

Dex-chan lover
This "waaaaaaaah I can't fight fate/the game's plot" cliche is probably the one thing in these sort of stories that I absolutely hate.

It's always some shitty source of endless forced drama and misunderstandings and little else. I think Bertia is the only one that does something interesting with it.

Dex-chan lover
If only she'd just TALK with him. Instead of running off crying whenever he got close to another woman.
This is why sitting down and having a proper discussion is important in a relationship... Just too bad so many refuses to do that until shit hits the fan.

Why all the hate tho? Tbh, I find her character portrayal very realistic. Tiara's a human being capable of "feelings" (as a normal human would) and as such, is a complex character. While her attitude may not be the best, quoting and agreeing with @Sanctuario, it's not as if it wasn't justified.

In the first chapter, we were presented immediately with the story's conflict that is: Tiara realizing she's been reincarnated in a game as a villainess heading for ruin the very next day, by no less, her fiancé, the man who she is in-love with, been with ever-since childhood. I agree the romance part wasn't expounded on, it's only briefly mentioned that being strict was how Tiara showed her love for Hartknights (plus he was her favorite character.) While Tiara understands that the game is different from real life, the plot still unfolds according to the game before her eyes. These very expositions affect Tiara's inner self like for example: "I'm a villainess" = evil = not meant to be happy.

As the story progresses, you would see instances where she would question her role, is she just a villainess? This plunged her into existential crisis (which could be explored deeper but it's not where the author is going.) Thus, betrayed by the one she loved, subjected to a very degrading condemnation (in front of a lot of people, the king, her father, etc.), coupled with the pressure of her knowledge of the game trapping her in a fate she wants no part of, and her current life as a high ranking noble expected to be queen to which she was restricted and educated (like what Aquasteed said about her in this chapter), all of those experiences she carries, it was only natural for her to develop all sorts anxieties and insecurities for her future even if she is, very much, adored by the crown prince of the neighboring kingdom.

Yes, she knows Aquasteed loves her very much but one of her conflict lies with having to lose Aquasteed, slowly, as the plot of the sequel game progresses. She tried to fight fate as you see in this chapter when she asked Aquasteed to not personally see the inspection at Aishira's place. But then, the plot she dreaded still advanced Aishira's Aquasteed route. She's even aware that her recent actions are not proper but she can't help it, no one can help it. She's fighting something she can't see which makes her anxious, which makes her scared. She does not want this pre-determined fate shit to happen again but it is happening, in her knowledge.

What she needs to work on is largely internal, to free herself from the notion that just because the sequel game's story progresses, doesn't mean Aquasteed and Aishira will be endgame. Obviously, as readers, we know this but Tiara's character does not realize this yet for the very factors that are stated above.

Implications are portrayed lightly in the story because it's a fluffy romance but if you delve deeply and place yourself Tiara's shoes, with all of her experiences, it's not to be taken lightly.

---

As always, thank you for the frequent updates, Puni Translations!

I can't help but feel anxious about prince Aqua following the route, since Akari even though hardly in love with each other, ended up with the prince.

Actually just go with Keith, he's more compatible and won't let her feel insecure since he's the Fairy King, he won't need to consider anyone and need not make anyone other than his queen happy.

what the fuck is up with all the hate? are y'all just illiterate or smt? what's so unrealistic about her being insecure considering her last fiancé cheated on her and that the game's events seem to be happening even with direct intervention? y'all act like y'all have never been insecure in your entire lives. give her a fucking break.

I have to say, it is nice to see a trip scene that actually looks like they simply tripped. Not faking it or falling outta nowhere.

Fed-Kun's army
@Vofuro oh i get people have different taste in manga. but from what you said it seems you're dropping it because you don't understand the character, not because it's not for you

Omg she is SO insecure and him pandering to her whims is just too much. Imagine if this was a jealous gf telling her bf to stop being friends with someone who's a girl. Thankfully she's not doing that but I just wish she'd TALK TO HIMMMMM 😔

Dex-chan lover
Does Seahorse lose ten years off his age when he gets drenched or something?

This is getting dumber by the second 🙄
But i still read it.... Whats wrong with meee.....😭

@ArisenDresden
haha, nope, it's just the final nail in the coffin, some other stuff bothered me, too. And I see you do not agree with my interpretation of the characters. That's fine. Just no reason to insult people, that's just behaving salty and immature, so please don't do that.

Users who are viewing this thread