The Villainess Is Adored by the Crown Prince of the Neighboring Kingdom - Vol. 5 Ch. 18

The drama is getting a little repetitive but I still keep reading since I'm too invested to leave lol. Also, I like the art so the pretty guys keep bringing me back. All this drama would be solved if the characters were more open about their insecurities.

Gosh I can't imagine the feeling of falling in love with a man that seems bound by fate to leave you. I'd go absolutely insane with worry. Tiara is keeping things together so well. I'd have had straight up started hyperventilating if such a blatant confirmation of the inevitability of the plot happening was happening in front of me.
Not to imagine it has already happened before. Tiara Gambatte!! You can do it! Stay positive!

I really like it's not just Tiara onesidedly worrying. I like that Aqua also picks up on it and is trying his best to work things out.

If you guys just here to hate on Tiara, just don't read it omg

I hate stupid heroines too but she is not. She is realistic. Her ex-fiancé still got stolen by the heroine even when she didn't do any bullying like the game, of course she is insecure now because the same thing can happen.

Thank you puni for the translation!

The real problem with this whole plot is Tiara being absolutely passive about everything (her attempt at avoiding the event was half-assed). Her worries are understandable, her insecurities after seeing an event CG as well, what I don't really forgive is her attitude in response to that. She's worried about losing Aqua's love? Well, I can for sure say that running away and leaving him drenched while someone else actually bothers to try wiping the water off him isn't helping your case at all.

Maybe it's because of the reader's perspective but damn, she could've just turned the "event" around and be the one to score points with Aqua by worrying about him. I honestly can't imagine how she'd justify her reaction if asked about it. "I dreamt that you'd fall in the sea so I was worried and got shocked when my dream came true"? At least that's in line with her reaction because the usual "I was jealous when I saw you with her" can't be taken seriously when your response was to escape and leave both of them alone.

Also, people are angry at Fairy King, but at this point I'm pretty sure he's actively setting "events" to make Aqua show he cares about Tiara so she can settle down. However, she's still frustratingly stupid for just serving tea as if nothing happened when she should've helped Aqua and ask a maid for a change of clothes or some shit like that.

Tldr; Tiara's fear isn't the problem, it's the fact she doesn't do more to secure Aqua's love. Even Aqua says she doesn't ask him to dote on her, it's no surprise he now thinks he's "not good enough" and I honestly wouldn't be surprised if that frustration made it easier to fall for Aishira.

"The gentleman dripping with water and beauty.." Every time I read that line, I start cringing so hard xP

Tiara should have more faith in her prince... He's so sweet, I can't imagine him ever betraying her based on the story so far...
I feel so bad for ML since nothing is his fault... He's just trying to spoil his new wife goddamn... And now he's being suspected of being a potential cheater by that wife...

I know it's not Tiara's fault, she's obviously insecure over what happened with her last fiancee, but I still pity out poor ML... Keep fighting!!! You'll get her heart one day!!!

I think I can at least understand Tiara's feelings.
She knows how everything was going to end end and is trying to change it, but was hit by the fact it could never work. Also she can't really walk to him and say shit like: "I'm sorry for making you do this but if you don't we can't be together." She doesn't want to lose Aqua, and to prevent the CG scene she realldy did ask him not to go to the sea, but the CG happened anyway. It's something she can't control. She can't talk to him about it because, no one is supposed to know "the ending", and also it would be telling him directly that she doubts his love, in which she doesn't. What went wrong was running away while the other girl was helping him - this was an extremely bad move.
Personally I don't think she's dumb or weak, but she isn't making the wisest decisions in newer chapters. It's because she's keeping her worry to herself, she needs someone to share this right now (instead of shouldering everything herself and give the Fairy King his chance), someone who is aware of the "ending" (yes I'm talking about Akari). And unless we're going down the Fairy King route, I want more interaction between her and Akari, since Akari apparently played through Aqua's route in the Sequel, and thus can at least share her knowledge on the route. (If we're going the Fairy King route, my bet is that it is the "hidden route" that Akari did not know about. Would hate it if it goes this way though, it's kinda frustrating).
Thanks to the translation team for the upload. This does have potential, I will be looking forward to the upcoming release.
Also that's one of the cringiest CG name I've ever heard.

I could get Tiara's feelings if the whole reason she's was there wasn't that the plot of the previous game had been completely changed and she had first hand experience of the game not predetermining stuff.

That's a fault of the author for not having continuity, not a character trait.

idk, who was the girt getting cucked in the japanese VN sequel edition? did the story ever mention that? who was seahorse's waifu?

well at least tiara finally did something after ch02 instead of just afk braindead romance or angst. still nowhere near as good as her defense debating.

i followed the series cos of her debating skills but from 03 onwards the story went so braindead that i got no investment in tiara anymore, if she got cucked i wouldnt even care anymore

akari's antics were more interesting than her

i'm still hoping the story improves but not looking like it

reading this chapter, particularly the part at the end, made my brain play the first few bars of Schubert's Erlkönig

Dex-chan lover
I'm going to drop this series. There's probably nothing wrong about this story if you like the theme, but it's not for me. It's 100% about relationships and nothing else, which isn't really my cup of tea. More or less every scene and panel of Tiara is about her thinking of nothing but her current and previous romantic interests, as if her life was devoid of any other content and purpose. It's made worse by her huge negativity. This chapter was ridiculous (purely in my opinion) by itself when she was, once again, super worried about Aqua dropping her and ending up with Aishira, yet she herself runs off with Keith.

I hope those who keep reading will enjoy the series, but it's not meant for me.

Dex-chan lover
LMAO even the way aishira tripped was so stupid and impossible 🤣 she was looking intensely at the flowers and then bam! Suddenly the fountain was too close from flower garden which why she tripped!

Haaah I just hope there'd be character development here instead of focusing on how aqua lavishes on mc and everyone keeps praising her and worries on how she is when she's done nothing but worry, cry, and let beautiful men take her away. Or maybe pull a bakarina move and make everyone fall for her with her antics.

I already read the novel so Tiara’s level of denseness and insecurity isn’t surprising (in fact you guys should prepare yourself for more in the future). I am just here for the art and Prince Aqua’s hotness. Wasn’t that last panel just so hot?!

Users who are viewing this thread