The Villainess Lives Again - Vol. 1 Ch. 23

On side note.....

the Duke’s lush nori eyebrows are steadily thinning forreal tho

Man, it all falls into place. A bunch of influential women see not just her mother going absolutely batshit and abusing her, but also the Grand Duke saving her which just reinforces the story that he's genuinely in love with her and shores up his position.

Although as a side note, man Miralia's dresses are nice. Props to the artist.

The ol' Wounded Gazelle Gambit. Lets see how Evron reacts now that he knows she's a damsel in semi-manufactured distress.

Okay, I can definitely understand that this was all planned by Tia in order to make her mother look bad, but what I really don't understand is her mother's own reasoning for blowing up like that over a simple tea party? Was it really all just because Tia did something like that without her personal consent? I mean, I get the fact that her mother views Tia as her own personal pawn to use and abuse as she pleases so is this really all simply because Tia moved on her own in hosting the tea party? This was all just a spoiled rotten child's tantrum because her toy did something she didn't approve of or like?

I am seriously wondering if MC's mother has some serious mental illness (Borderline personality disorder, maybe?). There are instances when she seems to love her daughter and the next moment she is cruelly beating her.

I really think that the title of this does it such a disservice by unwittingly lumping it in with all the other isekai MC as villainess manhuas. The Kingmaker or The Puppet Master or The Playmaker or even Queen in the Shadows would've been a better choice as it emphasizes the MC's strategizing which is pretty damn impressive. She reads the room really well and uses ppl's natural proclivities against them without showing her hand. What's even scarier is because she has everything to gain and nothing to lose, her strategies will be the high risk, high reward kind. It's only 23 chapters in, but this is easily one of the better written (and drawn, the art is gorgeous!) manhuas I've been following. The foreshadowing was sooo well done! Even with picking the guests to witness the crazy mom's abuse (the Knight's daughter, a daughter from a family who owns an influential newspaper iirc). The Duke showing up himself was just the cherry on top. She didn't even plan for him witnessing it (which is pretty damn sad because that also means either she still doesn't trust him completely or she values herself so low on his priorities or really, both). This will definitely drive a wedge between the mom and older bro and what an opening salvo on her part!

Now you see why I said that the mother is awful? She’s an abusive, manipulative, controlling, hypocritical, insecure bitch. She hits Tia like that because she she thinks she owns her, and expects Tia to stay with her no matter what, she’s obsessed and severely deranged. She sees her as a pawn to use only for her son, to hit and take her anger out on, and to comfort her and stay with her no matter what. She doesn’t love Tia, she doesn’t want her to be happy, to have friends, socialize, look good, feel good about herself, have any achievements of her own, study, or do anything for herself in life. She only wants do what she says, as if she has no mind or will, and stay with her and use her for Lawrence and the Emperor. Miraila treats Tia like a slave, and object, and there is nothing loving about their relationship at all.

Her mother suffers a pretty obvius sign of jealousy towards her own daughter.
Due to her carrying a natural beauty she wants her to look ugly.
Because she is smart, she abuses her and maker her look dumb.
Unfortunately due to the abuses of her mother.
She became quite meek and obedient enough to act like a slave instead of an actual daughter.

She is nothing more than a victim of her own mother's ambition....
To claim the throne and secure her position of power through her son.

But she woke up after losing her limbs and betrayed by her own brother.
The person she swore to be king and loved by the mother she yearned to beloved.
At the cost of everything including the kingdom itself.

Turning time itself was mostlikely the unexpected turn of events.
But what is the "Price" For performing such a power spell?

I can only speculate that...
she will die when she reaches an age as the spell was enacted.
To sacrifice ones own life force to change all she had commited.

@BlueCatMage , even though her mother got unhappily married she still has no power coz Tia is the one to inherit both the title and the property. So she sucks up to the emperor and tries to gain everything through her son.
Tia is the one who owns everything after her father passing away, which means her mother is broke. No property, no power rly. So she needs Tia to stay put while she uses the resources of the house to get her son into the palace. Then as the Queen dowager she'll gain some power.
Basically her mom has nothing to her name while Tia does and that's the trigger.
And, her lack of power makes her an abuser, cos she has to go with emperor's wishes all the time, no place for her opinion rly. Even Tia has more than her, so she uses Tia to went this anger.

@BlueCatMage she’s an abuser, their actions are rarely supported by logic 😬 it’s been shown in past chapters that she has a horrible temper that leads her to beat on everyone in the manor including tia and views tia as hers, hating and abusing her while also clinging to her and wanting her to stay beside her so she isn’t alone. she wants tia isolated so that she’ll have nowhere to be but there and no one to turn to but her. but there’s a reason why it was shown that tia was the one to get lawrence to the top. the mom can scheme a bit, but hers are really surface level and easily seen through (like marrying tia’s dad so she can be the emperor’s mistress which EVERYONE knows about). she’s not as cunning. she either thinks her relationship with the emperor will protect her from something as minor as beating the daughter even she doesn’t value or she wasn’t thinking in that moment at all.

Alright, can a person explain why her mother was angry that Tia threw a tea party to the point of abuse? It's not even grand or anything

Also, I quote mom: "You should just obediently stay indoors and do housework and embroidery."

Mmhmm, and what about you?

Her mother seems to be a bit crazy and has a bit of a temper tantrum.

She often beat the servants and her daughter in the previous chapters.

@nursyasyi, her mother is not the one to inherit the wealth, nor is her brother. Tia owns everything. But if Tia never shows anywhere, people assume (with her mom's help that is) that she is week / ill / incompetent and so the one whi controls everything is her mom.
Plus while abusing Tia she has full control over her.
But if she were to gain connections through parties, she would have that power back no time.
She can even kick her mom and brother out. But to make it look decent she needs to show her mom's true face first. So she wont be judged later.

yes she's an abuser, that's clear to anyone
my question is more on, couldn't she wait until the guests left or both of them left first before she started the beating? If she worries so much about wanting to have her son become the emperor, doing this in front of the girls is not helping at all. I mean, she should already be on thin ice since she's the lover of the emperor, not the official wife or queen or whatever, while the Duke has a much better position just from parentage alone based on the parents' marriage status only
is this a lack of awareness due to the anger, or she's actually that dumb and isn't really planning much, just get the son to be emperor?

Double-page supporter
I love how people are just noticing that she's an abuser... it's not like it was said in past chapters that she hits FL

abuser or not, how stupid does this mom have to be to start beating her daughter right then and there, in front of guests? she cares so much about her reputation and power, then she goes and does that. ah, lady, you got played like a fiddle, now rumors are going to spread like wildfire.

Users who are viewing this thread