Though I May Be a Villainess, I'll Show You I Can Obtain Happiness! - Vol. 4 Ch. 5 - Nightmare Graduation Party

I've seen rocks smart enough to kill people. And this guy doesn't fall into that category of a rock, as even a rock would be smarter than him.

When reading this short stories, i always wish that there's a continuation but, maybe it's better to keep em short as to not ruin it XD

Thanks for the update Like, everyone else
1. Have this serialized!
2. If I HAVE to choose among the capture targets, I admit foreign prince and King's nephew/prince's cousin are total eye candy (like they literally beat the ex fiance in the looks dept., former has the sexy exotic look, latter has mature look) but thanks to Thomas's contributions to this chapter and his job being head of the dark info org collecting group-ish. As dangerous as a job it is, its also well... the closest you'll be able to anticipate moves against you. Your life is in danger either way due to your high rank, you might as well be married to the one man with the skillset to help you collect info that could potentially save your life. Plus, seeing as its an underground group, well... a hikkikomori life ain't bad plus they might just be talented not just in surveillance but disguises

Group Leader
@JelloYello Unfortunately this one is not ripe for serialization. The only ones that qualify are 2, 4, and 6. The reason is very simple: The one that got a serialization was the only story in the first 3 volumes that was not based off a syosetu (japanese wattpad) short story. All the other stories had authors that wrote the short stories, then they got adapated by an artist into a oneshot (artists, by the way, which have working contracts with ichijinsha, as evidenced that many of these same artists end up doing other serializations after the onesshots, which end up under the Zero Sum label).

The reason for this is very legal, and working with an author as well as an artist creates a lot of legal complications, vs working with just an artist who is already contracted with the company simply continuing their original story (which is what volume 2 story 1, and volume 4 stories 2, 4, and 6 are, original works by the artist). Now you may think "but hey, they adapt novels all the time!!" Big difference here is that novels that get adaptations are also with writers contracted to produce volumes with ichijinsha from their novel lines like Iris NEO into a manga line like Zero Sum. Again, it's all in the legal department. Syosetu is where mostly amateur authors get found as talents and eventually published, but the short stories the oneshots are based on are never actually published as short stories, they likely won a contest after being submitted and got a short contract that just allows Ichijinsha to use their story to adapt into a oneshot and nothing beyond that. To then turn it into an adaptation they would have to go back and consult the amateur author and negotiate a much more long lasting contract, one which the author may not even be willing to do, or may be a fussy writer unhappy without how the mangaka adapts their work (this happened with novel>manga Herscherik).

So, to avoid a big headache of further adapting these stories, only original works (non-syosetu story based) would ever be adapted further. Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

Just realized " Marie is smart and cunning " was just MC's bias, because MC put no effort to fight back, just went with the flow for the sake of living a slow and leisurely life.
Because if Marie was smart as MC said, she could have prevented MC from roasting both of them ages ago.

I like how in the character description everyone has something that relates the or ties them to royalty and then you just have Thomas, not other explanation lol

INHALES SHARPLY I LOVE HER SO MUCH. I MISS VILLAINESS LIKE THIS (like the completed slow life in prison one)

Double-page supporter
9/10 just missing that extra oomph in facial expressions. Otherwise, it's great!

Thanks for the chapter!!

Now that I think about it, why are all these crown/first princes in manga not marrying foreign princesses? One of the reasons the royal families of Europe are all related to one another is because they kept marrying one another.

@Solistia Thanks for the infodump, it's interesting to hear about how complicated publishing can be.

Dex-chan lover
Eat it. You tested an office lady's ability in bureaucracy.

That was a fun end. She went right into a reverse-harem she didn't know she built. Wonder what their history is?
Also, "Thomas" XD

I can't believe it...
this is one of my favorite short webnovel, I can't believe it that it get manga 🤣.
And Thomas is...wow... I didn't imagine how he literally just bring the paper like that...haha

Users who are viewing this thread