TLDR Server upgrades, expected downtime, donation status and new contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whenever I read those posts I get nervous. Not only I can't help because my country is in a very bad crisis (Brazil. Inflation is rising a lot), so I can only pray for you guys to manage this problem. Good luck!

MD@Home
I'm a bit of a cryptosceptic when it comes to online transactions and I don't appreciate this system as it is, so my nostalgic vibes from the PayPal period are still strong :x

You know I'll be more than delighted to support you by donating again if it weren't for crypto. Maybe that method proposed by PayPal to merge their service with cryptocurrency will finally give me enough confidence to take the plunge <^v^>

I agree with most of these comments. I too still feel eeeeh with crypto but maybe with the paypal thing it'd be better.

Thanks so much for the hard work on this site. Going on three years the experience as a regular user has been great. Downtimes are workdays anyways so I can do some irl stuff in the meantime lmao.

Dex-chan lover
I've been saying it literally for days:

Bust out the subscription model. Add a lifetime option as well.

Free plebians users will only be able to read a certain number of chapters per day, and the count of read chapters will be attached to your IP.

To deter the use of VPN's, weekends will be "Members Only Days", where logged in premium users are the only people able to read mangos.

The future is now. For-profit piracy sites are coming whether you like it or not.

+1 this comment when v5 adds the like feature
EOI5Mxt.png

Edit:
May not be obvious to some, but it's satire, guys.

@bigtiddyoneesan you realize that most people can't even afford paying for such subscriptions don't you ? Most people come here because it's one of the last - if not the last - sites that actually cares about people and allows em to enjoy their time, so doing such thing will do nothing but deatroy the site since most people won't be able to afford it, and you realize that no one is content with only reading 10 chapters a day.

Unless that you are a rich person who can buy anything and don't care if other people could actually afford it or not since you haven't tasted the bitter flavour of being poor or at least not rich

Dex-chan lover
Echoing the others that I would have donated already if not for the crypto-only thing :/

finally an upgrade for kissmanga refugee, im sick of the frontpage - that "new title" doesn't even show some new contents, its limited to only 2 days onlyand show only 10 mangas, i cant even see some more

i missed so many new mangas already

Staff
Super Moderator
@Real_En1gma You can do it via crypto here: https://mangadex.org/support and the guide on how to do so as a cryptonewbie is here: https://mangadex.org/thread/223580

Staff
Admin
@Kaarme you can donate bandwidth via a client if you are against crypto. If you don't want the hassle of setting it up you can even use a service like https://sdbx.moe/ or just rent a cheap dedi.

Group Leader
Pretty exciting stuff coming in the pipeline with a big player like Paypal getting into the crypto scene. Although I have my fair share of criticisms, I'd rather it be them than Facebook. I know for a long time that crypto has been a huge hurdle for many people to even wrap their heads around the concept since the early days, so hopefully this will get more people to adopt cryptocurrencies. I truly believe it's going to become the norm in the mainstream.

Just waiting to upgrade my upload, should be able to host MD@Home then to help out.

Dex-chan lover
@Kafka
@ bigtiddyoneesan Perfect. You and only you will be the beta tester of this program starting soon! :3c
YOmG197.gif
It would be my honor.

And to parrot what everyone else is saying: yeah, as soon as Paypal can exchange crypto (apparently in Q4 of this year), I'll be singe-handedly keeping this site afloat with an unprecedented $70 donation.

Aggregator gang
Will be able to filter search and remove followed mangas!?! 🤩

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for all the hard work! Sometimes it may seem like we're just harping for more stuff (ae: Suggestions, Support, and Bug Discussion Forum), but I hope the staff realizes the vast majority of the Mangadex community do appreciate the effort you put in behind the scenes to keep things working as well as they do. Many Thanks! 🙂
seal-soon-meme.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread