TLDR Server upgrades, expected downtime, donation status and new contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Double-page supporter
Lmao, just sell us comment skins. $5 and your comment box can be special snowflake red. $10 and your comment box can be flashy red. Or whatever lmao. Don't bother selling us anything physical just sell us cosmetic trash lmao. When people read my comments I want them to be blinded by my pearly white heh Night mode? No problem your eyes can just die.

You see that donation diamond? It could be flashing red and yellow signifying my support of McDonald's. Only $15.

See that plain boring person to the left of my user name? He could become a special green alien only $20.

You know whats missing from my comments?

A cartoon credit-card to the right of my diamond.

Aggregator gang
It'd be great if non-crypto donations were allowed - I'm sure there's some reason for it, but PayPal would be really nice.

Contributor
I don't get the obsession over crypto. Like I get that it's a very no-strings-attached way to do donations or whatever, maybe you guys are afraid of legal stuff once you start accepting real cash money(?), but there has to be a better way to go about this. Patreon? T-shirts? Cool borders for your profile? Virtual pets? Literally anything else.

If you unable paypal for donations, iam willing to send some money, but not with crypto.

Fed-Kun's army
I wanna donate but I really don't know which crypto to use, Which one is more stable so I know what I am paying for it now is how much it will be worth in future

I don't have Bitcoin, but I have $200 of BAT coin saved up that I'd like to donate. If you guys sign up at the Brave creators site I'd love to send some your way.

It would also make donating easier since people could donate directly through the browser on your site

Aggregator gang
For those asking, Paypal shut them off a while ago. Keep in mind scanlation really is a combination of piracy + translation, even if the intent is spreading the works to audiences who speak other languages. Since they host such a thing, Paypal cut them off. It was bound to happen sooner or later. Anyhow this is why they had to resort to crypto.

I used to donate back when they could receive through Paypal, but I haven't really jumped on the crypto train yet (thus I haven't donated since). I am still able to help support, but I'm also lazy... and there are probably more like me LOL.

Staff
Admin
We can't use Paypal. Patreon would get shut down. BAT requires too much personal information for us to register with.

Which is leaves us crypto.

Aggregator gang
I'm waiting for that Paypal update, currently i'm not donating because i don't like any crypto site...

Dex-chan lover
@ixlone Venmo? Google Pay? Can you still send money through Gmail? Western Union? Money Gram?

@Onepunchjoey Holo got burned out and quit.
https://mangadex.org/thread/308143

I really really want to donate bitcoin but the Canadian bank I bank with blocks its costumers' debit cards from cryptocurrency platforms like coinbase...
I have been reading on Holo's post on how to best buy bitcoin. Seems like I have to work with sketchy sellers on peer-to-peer exchanges to avoid this problem.

I know for sure this has come up before but idk if its ever addressed.

Why don’t you guys (MangaDex owners/admins/etc) open up a Paypal or Patreon? I’ll gladly support even if there’s no reward whatsoever since cryptocurrency is really rare in my country.

Thank You!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread