TLDR Server upgrades, expected downtime, donation status and new contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staff
Admin
The requirements need to be that high since you are serving entire chapters at once, not a page from a chapter like h@h.

We just haven't bothered to reset the stats since not all sources were reporting until recently. Like 60% of traffic is from various apps that don't report until people update to the new versions of Tachi or Neko.

MD@H is putting out between 35-40TB per day currently (that is reported, still a lot not reporting), between 220~ clients.

Maybe it’s just my opinion then.

I thought it’d be better to have multiple slower “servers” than to have very few fast ones.

Group Leader
I regret I didn't donate when Paypal worked back then. I don't know sh*t about crypto and detest it. Would love to have any other optional for donation.

Anyway, thank you for your hardwork and keeping MDex running. Keep it up!

Dex-chan lover
I'm still getting a lot of "502" and "chapter has no pages" errors, especially between 12:00 and 15:00 GMT. South Europe.

MD@Home
Same there, I'm getting a buttload of 502s, database errors on the forum, [edit]and "666 No Reason Phrase" on ajax calls[/edit]. It is not constant, but mostly by waves.

Cannot mangadex turn into a brave browser verified publisher? So you can get some BAT donation?

Dex-chan lover
Hey, I know the servers have been up and down a bunch these past few days, but I just wanted to say some words of gratitude for continuing this work and getting things improved.

Thank you.

pls add fitur filter manga/manhwa pls..
I just want read manga japan not comic cartoon china or Korea..

Give an ad after every part of manga like a small video like YouTube or like a ad on top and bottom of page🤔

MD@Home
Give an ad after every part of manga like a small video like YouTube or like a ad on top and bottom of page🤔

this is unlikely as adserver that usually serve this kind of websites ( manga aggregator sites ) are likely something like NSFW games or similar triggering popup which is very annoying. i prefer using donation but, as i can't use paypal as a form of donation. i am confuse how to donate.

bit coin is a no for me. i don't think i would ever buy it. serving as @home is also a no. as my connection is not fast. i'm from south east asian.

This was mentioned, but a store would be something that I can buy into, I really wanted a cat mousepad, but my order didn't get to my email in time. I still want one. Hell, I'd buy a shirt or something if it was up for offer and could support the site.

I won't do crypto at this time, but am up for supporting in other ways. Regarding MD@Home, can't do anything about my DL/UL cuz it's paid for by the reality company as part of my lease. Edit: DL Passes, but UL is terrible, only like 6Mbps

I wish i could support this site but i dont have the money >~< im on it like 4h a day and that says alot

thanks for the updates, have been a staple with you guys since batoto was gone and hope to be with you longer.

Yo!

Recently (1-2 days ago) I donated a significant amount BTC. Should be enough to keep you going for at least a month or so. Go get it while the exchange rate is high ^^ .

I agree with some of the others, obtaining BTC is a royal pain in the ass. I used coinbase . com this time, and the amount of security, authentication and confirmation procedures is ridiculous. I can't imagine that any sane person would use this service at a regular basis. I will probably try to get away from these suckers.

Please consider supporting Monero/XMR as well! As a cryptocurrency that has been specifically designed around the goals of privacy, security and un-traceability I think it's the way to go.

Please keep up the good work
Peace

Contributor
Just as an FYI Paypal now supports Cryptocurrency, but I believe right now its only available to US based users (someone should fact check me on this).
Supported coins are
Bitcoin
Ethereum
Bitcoin Cash
Litecoin

Link to Paypal FAQ
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-get-started-with-cryptocurrency-with-paypal--faq4400

Disclaimer: I have not tried using Paypal for crypto so I know nothing about their process or any limitations that may be in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread