Tonari no Onee-san ga Suki - Vol. 4 Ch. 47 - The Older Girl Next Door

Dex-chan lover
Yes this was a lovely story and I will miss it, and though it does have that detestable trope of ending the story when the relationship starts, I did like the ending. Though I do wish this was a longer manga, though the author was planning it to be even shorter, so I guess this was a win on itself.
On a related note, you can kinda see why they have such I huge problem with population decline in Japan, if you are going to fill your people's lives with so much academic and professional activity to the point couples can barely meet each other, you can hardly expect any other outcome. Granted it's happening everywhere these days, but my point still stands.
And also, like the commenter above, no kissing, really? Have these two not been paying attention to the movies they are watching? Here's hope for the epilogue.
Thanks for translating.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the TL, this has been an enjoyable read. As many others I would have like some more lovey dovey timeskip shenanigans for at least 1 more chapter. But at the same time I appreciate this actually ending as many other really don't.

Dex-chan lover
Looking forward to the epilogue. I enjoyed this more than The Girl who Forgot Her Glasses, but the ending was pretty underwhelming. Makes you really appreciate the series that can finish strongly.

I mean, the appeal is mostly a Romance (?) story, with no climactic romantic fulfillment, no big obstacle to overcome that has the reader cheering YES!

Dex-chan lover
Just a tad open ended, but not unsatisfactory. Was charming throughout. An epilogue would be nice, but not critical.

Thank you for all your work on this series.

really enjoyable read, even though the ending felt a bit lacking it was very straightforward

Dex-chan lover
Started to read this series today. Finished it in like 3 hours. I generally don't like mangas where it seems the [romance] story ends before it starts, but for some reason this one felt really fulfilling.
Thanks for the translation! It was a really fun read❤️

Last edited:
Aggregator gang
Thanks for scanlating this series! I don't mind this soft ending.

Yes this was a lovely story and I will miss it, and though it does have that detestable trope of ending the story when the relationship starts, I did like the ending. Though I do wish this was a longer manga, though the author was planning it to be even shorter, so I guess this was a win on itself.
On a related note, you can kinda see why they have such I huge problem with population decline in Japan, if you are going to fill your people's lives with so much academic and professional activity to the point couples can barely meet each other, you can hardly expect any other outcome. Granted it's happening everywhere these days, but my point still stands.
And also, like the commenter above, no kissing, really? Have these two not been paying attention to the movies they are watching? Here's hope for the epilogue.
Thanks for translating.
I mean, the way this story's gone, the "Being together" arc would probably consist of scattered panels of the kid shitting like "It's been three months since we started going out. But I'm not lonely. As long as I know how she feels, it's like she's in here shitting right next to me. Still, I can't wait until she says we can start talking again!". They'll get married by telepresence, and then send each other haikus by carrier pigeon instead of, you know, spending actual fucking time together for once.

Dex-chan lover
Good end, I guess. From personal experience - long-distance relationships suck ass.

Dex-chan lover
Good end, I guess. From personal experience - long-distance relationships suck ass.
Well, he lives in Kashiwa, going to school in Ichikawa. She's going to school somewhere in Tokyo, so we're probably talking about less than an hour by commuter train. I think they'll probably be able to meet once in a while.

Well, he lives in Kashiwa, going to school in Ichikawa. She's going to school somewhere in Tokyo, so we're probably talking about less than an hour by commuter train. I think they'll probably be able to meet once in a while.
They lived next door and barely saw each other for a year. The girl is a class V avoidant with barely any drive to actually be with people in the first place. You really think they'll meet?

Users who are viewing this thread