Tonikaku Kawaii - Vol. 1 Ch. 8 - The tastiest thing in the world is a meal someone treats you to. Man, I wanna eat some sushi.

Group Leader
8 chapters in and, nope, still not feeling any romantic chemistry between the two of them. Nasa is certainly ga-ga over her, but she seems to be acting more like a smug, condescending nee-san than a wife. Sure, she calls him "dear" and admits that she's his wife, but there just doesn't seem to be any spark. It certainly feels more like an arraigned marriage (or a marriage of convenience) than that of a loving couple.

Now they are going through some of the motions of being married, but not a marriage I'd wanna be in. It's more like a couple of young teenagers playing house: the boy who's like a puppy dog that obediently follows his master around (sit Spot, go to bed Spot, hold hands Spot), and a girl who will play along until she gets bored. And, of course, she will remind him that they are playing house, not playing doctor.

So why Nasa? Is there something special about him, or would anyone have been okay as a husband? If she fell in love with him when they first met, like he did her, she sure has yet to show any signs that that is so. She's more like a foreign spy who's been taught how to be a wife, then sent abroad to be a sleeper until the right time. Or, alternatively, sent back in time to steal the plans to whatever top secret project he eventually creates. Of course, she might just be a alien... And there is a theory floating about that Nasa is actually dead and that Tsukasa has created this fantasy world for him in order to guide his soul to the hereafter...
With each successive chapter there are new questions, yet none of the old questions get answered.

it's like my facepalm:mode always triggered on every action chosen.

@fred: couldn't be more agree to this, 8 chapter is too long for manga (considering 1 season is like 10-15 chapters. What I suspect here is about maybe she's related to past reincarnation or etc. Her background is also questionable.

Dex-chan lover
Nah guys, she just skipped the infatuation/honeymoon phase and went straight to the best part. I'm sure a deeper love will arise eventually, but if you don't want this lifestyle to be part of your married life then you're not going to be married for more than a couple years. Obviously a bit cartoonish, but this is stable and, at least in my eyes, this is bliss.

Are they really gonna suggest a young married couple arent gonna bone straight off. Come on, i could see if they were still in middle school somehow.

Dex-chan lover
"If that's what yu want, dear..." Translation: "You might want to think again about that."

Dex-chan lover
Are they really gonna suggest a young married couple arent gonna bone straight off. Come on, i could see if they were still in middle school somehow.

They've known each other for years technically, but the time actually spent together is like a day. It's not weird at all for them to take time on that front despite being married already.

Banned
no, it is ridiculous for them to not bone, the other guy is right, that's what marriage is

Double-page supporter
Why does the pot of salt that guy was holding have a lethal warning? I know too much sodium is bad for you, but marking your pots like that seems excessive.

Hot Pot Everyday: I feel personally attacked, i cheat by putting multivitamins on it so i could put less veggies

Group Leader
@orochijes Yes
FkY.gif

Fed-Kun's army
She's cute when she blushes.

Yeah, we need something romantic to happen. I'm still not buying their relationship, like Tsukasa is up to something. These moments are very wholesome though.

Users who are viewing this thread