TS Eiseihei-san no Senjou Nikki - Ch. 5

Dex-chan lover
That's the norm when attacking defensive places, I guess. Like Gnauga mentioned, even if the soldiers reach the first trench line, they're still dead meat if they don't get reinforcement.

I think I've heard similar things with Japanese castles in Nobunaga's Ambition cutscene, where after the invader breach the gate, they're welcomed by confusing mazes filled with traps and ambushes. I'm sure it happened with other places too.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, it's nothing really unique to WW1. Not that it makes the loss of life less bad.
True, but as I have said, it's the amount of times they had to fight for the same territory made it worse. Stalemates is one of the worst things a military strategist have to deal with cause they are exhausting not only resources to fight the enemy but able bodies as well.

Double-page supporter
I forgot, was this based of a mobile game? Sure gives the vibe.

Dex-chan lover
It feels dumb that there's barely any field medic like her to provide first aid to reduce the casualties of war. War is all about how much bodies you can keep throwing at the enemy and how you manage to do it. It's no brainer to deploy more medics on the field.

I get that this is trying to do a fantasy WWI story but it feels lacking on certain things.

Rarity. Just like in real life you would'nt put a real nurse or god forgive a doctor on the front line. WTF are you thinking?

Fed-Kun's army
Oooo I smell a promotion next chapter for MC, or maybe a court martial. Realistically its gonna be a big spanking from the commander.

Dex-chan lover
I didn't say field medics are the same with nurses and doctors and not all of them work on the front lines as stated in wikipedia

But that is the feeling i got from MC and stuff that is about her position in the platoon. She is special, not just in the company but the whole division. Mission = keep the other person as special as you alive.

Read chapter 1 again. I know those boobas is impossible to ignore but....

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
The human brain doesn't always function correctly when adrenaline gets pumping.
It depend on the person. It depend on how you act in your life.
People who live their life as if they were in some kind of utopia with no crime are the one who cant act when faced with life threatening situation. On the other hand many people can still act in these situation, even people who never fough in war, they simply are always aware of their surounding "just in case something happen".

You can see the difference when someone save other from a robber or killer but at the exact same time you see many people unable to even move their ass.
you ever in a real war?
Many people who fough in war and killed human actualy tell you that nothing changed. People believe that there is a massive change because the one you ear the most are people with PTSD, but most soldier are the same at the start and the end. They dont go trough some change that make them better at supporting pressure and suddent event.
The main thing that make them able to act proprely is their training.

That's why all good special force spend most of their time training for all possible senario.

Dex-chan lover
for a pro gamer.. he sure dumb for using flat shield and bouncing IN their trench..
and not catching it with helmet, put it down to ground and put up a shield..
or did author forgot that part?
coz i dont remember any chp of him using his pro gamer moves or someshit..
  • I think her plan was to bounce it back away from the trench, but her comrades yanked her backward as she was using it, thus causing the grenade to bounce into the trench instead of away.
  • Catching it with a helmet, putting it on the ground and then deploying the shield would take a lot longer than just quickly bouncing it away -- so it might blow before she gets the to the "deploy shield" phase.
  • Also the shield is not very strong, so just using it bounce the grenade away is safe, but trying to use it to absorb the blast would likely exceed it's capacity and fail. At least that's her reasoning. It may be that her shield is stronger than expected.

Dex-chan lover
Also wasn't it established from the very first chapter she realized his pro-gamers skills mean no shit in the actual world?
I've argued this from beginning, that her gamer skills would provide a legup, and here we see that in action. It doesn't make her a kill all fps god, but it still provides an advantage. And even a small advantage can mean the difference between life and death. Again, as we see here. (Assuming that she didn't just get turned into ground beef.)

Also the primary problem with applying her fps gaming skill is... She's a healer, not a gunner. So whatever skills she might have with a gun are useless now because she doesn't have the physique to wield one. And besides as a rare healer she's going to be thrust into the healer role anyway.

People in the topics for this manga have had this weird dichotomy:
  • Gamer FPS skills are awesome and would make you a godly soldier! OR
  • Gamer FPS skills are completely useless and would provide no advantage whatsover!
The truth lies somewhere in the massive amount of middle ground between those two extremes.

Dex-chan lover
Man, ik it's a manga and all but sometimes forget how shitty the conditions of soldiers are, any moment you can be attacked and what he said about the rain, cold and diarrhea... 💀💀💀

Dex-chan lover
Man, ik it's a manga and all but sometimes forget how shitty the conditions of soldiers are, any moment you can be attacked and what he said about the rain, cold and diarrhea... 💀💀💀
no worries, this generation will experience war. Better stock this knowledge as knowledge is power and lack of it is truly deadly in war. Knowledge is more powerful than loyalty in wars.

Dex-chan lover
"Someday the commander will stop protecting you."

- It is because the commander actually dies, as any person in war.

Dex-chan lover
The only weird part is Touri running towards the grenade to cast a shield, when it would be much more effective to run away from the grenade before casting a shield. The force of an explosion decreases exponentially with distance, which means the farther she is from the grenade, the more likely it is her shield would actually be useful.
It's because she's trying to reduce the effective range of the grenade in order to protect everyone else. Yes, it's better to run away and then cast shield to protect herself, but then other people still get hurt.

You know how Captain America jumped on the grenade during training? She's doing that.

Users who are viewing this thread