TS Eiseihei-san no Senjou Nikki - Ch. 6

I'm sorry but this is very stupid, the MC was supposed to be a pro FPS gamer. How could he not know about slanted armour to cause ricochets even ps2 games could do that.

Dex-chan lover
In any other context, Garback's brutal punishments would have been unacceptable, but when disobeying orders meant risking hundreds of countrymen dying, getting beat up doesn't seem too severe. Garback doesn't have the luxury to slowly show the consequences of his subordinates' actions against his better judgement and of his superiors.

Remember when Touri didn't leave Salsa behind? They put the entire squad at risk of getting ambushed as they have to then rescue them.

But what if the action had a good result? Well, if you make an exception once, then the soldier who trusts their own judgement over their superior's would start expecting more exceptions and would disobey orders more often.

Dex-chan lover
If anyone is curious about where to pick this up in the web novel. This chapter ends where Chapter 8 ends. So start at Chapter 9.

In any other context, Garback's brutal punishments would have been unacceptable, but when disobeying orders meant risking hundreds of countrymen dying, getting beat up doesn't seem too severe. Garback doesn't have the luxury to slowly show the consequences of his subordinates' actions against his better judgement and of his superiors.

Remember when Touri didn't leave Salsa behind? They put the entire squad at risk of getting ambushed as they have to then rescue them.

But what if the action had a good result? Well, if you make an exception once, then the soldier who trusts their own judgement over their superior's would start expecting more exceptions and would disobey orders more often.
Nah, if this was reality I would want him court-martialed for attempted murder and assault and dishonorably discharged.

Dex-chan lover
No wonder MCs FPS skills don't apply, because this is basically like being in a toxic MMORPG party where idiot DPS treats his team like mere pawns, rushes into combat without anything resembling a strategy, nobody is allowed to take any initiative if something unexpected happens, and guess who gets blamed and bullied when something goes wrong - the healer, of course.

Dex-chan lover
"If you told me your abilities earlier you could've saved him, you dimwit."

His method is a brute, but atleast it hit the spot.

Maybe too much

The reason this is an isekai picks up later on in the story, its mostly the strategies she comes up with so that she could survive in the most unlikeliest of situations so that later on she gets promoted, i think. I havent read the WN in a while

Dex-chan lover
Line of Duty Death.
He basically says that if Touri doesn't like his orders, then he will give her the last one which will get her killed.

Also, to everyone wanting the commander's death. I haven't read the WN, but it seems that he will die, but Touri still kinda respects him and remembers him, err, fondly. :)
cant wait for that to happen....

Still about 43 times less painful than real war btw. The author just can't stop testing my suspension of disbelief with the small things like an officer beating his own unit member to a bloody mess (to teach her how to angle a fucking shield btw lol, which would have done nothing against an explosive charge because she was trying to contain it not deflect it) with zero repercussions, dragging out a half dead soldier and also pointing weaponry at your own allies. Pretty sure this would lead to a quick court martial in any military irl. Maybe I'd understand if there was more context to the world of this story, but so far its just weird.

Group Leader
That guy will end up being killed by one of his subordinates, I'm sure of it.

When people respect you, they will help you at your moment of weakness.
But when people fear you, the moment you show weakness they will stab you to get rid of the source of fear.

This commander is teaching everyone that he is the biggest threat when compared to the enemy soldiers. A soldier already suffering from all the stress of the war would take unreasonable actions when pushed to the limit, and given they can't trust to be safe whenever the commander is around, the moment he needs healing someone will backstab him.

Group Leader
WW 1/2 trench warfare with magic. So in that way, it's very like Tanya. However, the focus is on the gritty, treacherous, brutal life in the trenches.

Commander is a very interesting character -- whom I damn sure as hell would not want to serve under. It seems that in this world combatant front line mages are essentially "heroes" (high value combat units), and so are given very preferential treatment.

Commander abuses Touri for not using shield in the best way. She faults herself for not asking. But it's at least equally his fault for not training her. If he hadn't determined to use her as nothing but a personal healbot, then she would have been more effective.

Note contrast with Tanya (LN version)... Tanya is an outstanding commander/personnel manager. While she also is very tough on her troops, she's also very good about managing them and improving their performance.
Exactly! Tanya is very much like Evangeline A.K. McDowell (Mahou Sensei Negima) in the sense she is a powerhouse to be feared, but inspires confidence in everyone with their strict but caring methods of teaching. They will beat the hell out of their subordinates/students, but will also grant them proper time to rest and recover from their injuries, because their goal is to make sure the ones they're training can survive whatever life throws at them.

This commander guy is just abusive. A piece of garbage that doesn't deserve to live!
He would rather beat a small child on the verge of death to prove a point, only so she can be of best service to him, and never for anyone else's sake! Sure, he said if she had known to use her shield more effectively she would have saved Salsa, but the reason she did not tell him she could use shields is precisely because he is not trustworthy! She knows he'll only put her in unnecessary danger the more he knows she can do, so for her own safety it's best to keep secrets from her own commanding officer!

this guy is only a commanding officer because he's strong, but aside from that, he has zero leadership skills, brings down the morale of his own troops, wastes medical resources and is overall just a piece of shit!

Dex-chan lover
Still about 43 times less painful than real war btw. The author just can't stop testing my suspension of disbelief with the small things like an officer beating his own unit member to a bloody mess (to teach her how to angle a fucking shield btw lol, which would have done nothing against an explosive charge because she was trying to contain it not deflect it) with zero repercussions, dragging out a half dead soldier and also pointing weaponry at your own allies. Pretty sure this would lead to a quick court martial in any military irl. Maybe I'd understand if there was more context to the world of this story, but so far its just weird.
I 100% believe the higher ups only deal with his bs because he's so effective at pushing through the enemy lines. In the eyes of the generals the deaths and injuries in his unit are just the cost of using him as a tool to instill fear into the enemy. Imagine being on the receiving end of one of his suicide runs.

Aggregator gang
So my 2 cents - if we're supposed to go with 'FPS gamer isekai' there really should have been less confusion on the MC part. Yeah, she's in crazy pain which could excuse not thinking, but why even have that backstory if it's not going to come up at relevant times.

I saw some people praising him for being 'good at his job' which I'm sorry, but no he's good at being a frontline soldier, not a leader of other soldiers. This is neither here or there since the author obviously wants to play up the army's complete lack of consideration for the humanity of its soldiers, but if they really were concerned about their manpower, resources, or just WINNING, they would have been much better served putting this guy under someone who make better use of his talents while having him backed up with people with more than a few days of experience, higher survival rates to increase the quality and all that. I don't know if this is a fallacy or whatever, but being good at the work doesn't make you a good manager of people who do the work, whether it's mundane officework, playing and coaching a sport or being a soldier.

Dex-chan lover
Thing is that Aces are basically the equivalent of a Space Marine compared to normal soldiers, even if they are hated no one will try to frag them because chances are they might survive your little atempt on their life and it will end poorly for you after, not mentioning the higher ups will take closer atention to those "accidents" due to how valuable Aces are

In a sense, all soldiers are expendable assets but losing Aces are a bitter pill to swallow since they are very hard to replace thats why Garback can do the hell he wants up to some limits

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Both armies are quite literally throwing their soldiers against each other for a few meters of border , countless lives into a meat grinder. Idk what your definition of “real war” is but this seems pretty realistic especially if you look at a certain country invasion of recent years. On the field the superior officers have the history of carrying side arms like pistol and sword not to fight but to shoot deserters or people who disobey chain of command.It might not seem real but olden days army had plenty of capital punishment mostly to make example for the troops , nowaday they can punish the group as a whole to force a sense of unity.

Users who are viewing this thread