TS Eiseihei-san no Senjou Nikki - Ch. 7

Fed-Kun's army
I hope he's just an unironic psychopath that is just using war as an excuse to kill people
That brings up an interesting point. If he is a psychopath, it might bring some interesting historical context for his success.
Before the psychology of killing was understood, only ~15% of soldiers would ever shoot to kill (excepting crew served and indirect weapons).
It’s thought sociopaths/psychopaths were more likely to be valuable warriors, over represented among the ~15%.

Dex-chan lover
I hope the guy doesn't come out to be one of those "I wanted everyone to hate me" type of character, but instead to be a character who only cares about progress, no matter what gets sacrificed. Because that'll just be better, probably

Dex-chan lover
Nurse Gale is revealed as a really interesting character.

Touri, former male gamer, is shown as surprisingly perceptive and sympathetic in how she reacts to Gale's confession. Really striking that that was the first time Touri smiled in this chapter.

Reactions: le3
Dex-chan lover
Honestly, I enjoy this slightly darker, but more realistic approach to warfare.
The grittiness is good.
The stories I hear here are basically what I heard from my great grandfather. Yes, he survived the Japanese imprisonment where many soldiers died. He ( and some others ) literally walked on dead bodies. Comrades.

• Angry
Dex-chan lover
That brings up an interesting point. If he is a psychopath, it might bring some interesting historical context for his success.
Before the psychology of killing was understood, only ~15% of soldiers would ever shoot to kill (excepting crew served and indirect weapons).
It’s thought sociopaths/psychopaths were more likely to be valuable warriors, over represented among the ~15%.
It was during the industrial age, and unfortunately guns were made during the industrial ages. Thanks to Alfred Nobel who killed his own brother by testing the trinitrotoluene. This was the 33rd degree exam of Masonry. Similar to a ritual sacrifice.

Of course in a society like that psychopaths are the best resource, plus they have the habit of shooting themselves in the head. They clear the government tracks of responsibility. Rare are the people like Prighozin that will spill the beans of the Globalists.

Dex-chan lover
I still don't get why this needed to be an isekai, it's a literal non factor in everything that happens here. Does it really drive up sales that much to label your manga as one?
it's mostly to make the protagonist's mentality make sense.

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the chapter
soo its 3 new recruits and one of them is already asking to get killed , perfect

Dex-chan lover
A bit surprised no one said anything about the head medic, that's a pretty terrible way to get back at someone and it feels a bit like the author trying to write it off with the cry.

That complain about Commander's desire to have his own personal medic at page 9, panel 3 doesn't really mean anything to me. They're soldiers, of course they're killing people? Or did she mean ally specifically? I guess it's fairer to assume that.
I still don't get why this needed to be an isekai, it's a literal non factor in everything that happens here. Does it really drive up sales that much to label your manga as one?
I supposed it's a neat twist on the genre, where isekai's natural gift and modern-day knowledge barely matter at all?

Spinning the question around a bit, is there any reason why it shouldn't be an isekai? I'm sure that's something that exist for many isekai stories, we just kinda got used to them maybe because they're medieval-ish fantasy.

Overlord as a story for example, could probably work well without the MMORPG and Isekai aspect, and Ainz being just an awkward skeletonman. The only question is what happened to his friends, but if Overlord never want to have other players in their world, then it's probably fine to remove them or say they move on or some shit.

Dex-chan lover
The description of Salsa cremation is pretty tame in the manga maybe because of the artstyle , its pretty gruesome in the webnovel. Actually nurse Gale never really revealed her attempt to sabotage Garback to Touri , it was a PoV side story chapter but i like it better this way in the manga just so they dont have to devote an entire chapter for it and adding some character drama.

The Isekai part will have major impact later.The gen-ben part i think author uses it to make other characters perspectives more interesting when they see/interact with the main char.The image of a young female soldier could be very striking and author makes very good use of it in his their writing of future chapters

The guy only know how to literally beat the knowledge into his troops because thats the way he was treated under a different commander AND it has proven to be effective in his experiences , hes still a hardass unapologetic asshole though but he does try to be efficient.

Last edited:
Group Leader
The description of Salsa cremation is pretty tame in the manga maybe because of the artstyle , its pretty gruesome in the webnovel. Actually nurse Gale never really revealed her attempt to sabotage Garback to Touri , it was a PoV side story chapter but i like it better this way in the manga just so they dont have to devote an entire chapter for it and adding some character drama.

The Isekai part will have major impact later.The gen-ben part i think author uses it to make other characters perspectives more interesting when they see/interact with the main char.The image of a young female soldier could be very striking and author makes very good use of it in his their writing of future chapters

The guy only know how to literally beat the knowledge into his troops because thats the way he was treated under a different commander AND it has proven to be effective in his experiences , hes still a hardass unapologetic asshole though but he does try to be efficient.
It could very well be a change made in the LN version of the story and the manga just follows suit. Though it's impossible to verify, at least for me.

Dex-chan lover
That bit about alcohol never being in short supply was pretty accurate from what I hear. Brought to mind some NPR piece from ten-fifteen years ago breaking down frontline alcohol consumption by nation. Because if there's one thing you don't want in the trenches between fights, it's sober men with time to think.

Users who are viewing this thread