Tsuki 50 Man Moratte mo Ikigai no Nai Tonari no Onēsan ni 30 Man de Yatowa Rete `Okaeri. Kyō mo Ganbatta ne’ tte Iu Oshigoto ga Totemo Tanoshī - Vol.…

Dex-chan lover
@danymu eyo chill bruh I was only saying that its not that much because she is paying for someone else's entire salary along with her utilities and food etc. The average American income is around 56k USD which equates to around 611k yen, which is already more than 530k yen.

Dex-chan lover
Glad to see this series back again. Quick note, are we really supposed to consider 500K yen a month to be a lot? That's around ~$4700 a month, or $56400 a year. Most software developers in the US make double or triple that amount on average. US office workers apparently don't make all that much either on average, so I guess it might be a parallel?

Admittedly, after poking around, the economic system of Japan seems a little complex on the surface (tax incentives, monthly payment system, healthcare etc), and the cost of living may be different, but it still seems to me that 500K yen is too little an amount of salary to be treated the way it is in this series. That might just be me though.

Edit: @Kevadu: agreed.
it's net after taxes

Dex-chan lover
I don't get it. 53,000 JPY a month is a good wage, but it is far from enough for how the characters treat it. That is less than both the average and the median salaries in the United States.

Dex-chan lover
For those wondering 300,000 yen a month comes to about a bit under $3000 A month usd which isn’t much about the same as a $18 hour job makes. Certainly not livable for 2 people for a prolonged period. I assume the amount was messed up? Perhaps it’s $300,000 usd not yen which would be a lot or maybe it’s 3mil yen a month which is about $28k usd a month. Regardless the story is fun and good to see people translating it again. Just not sure if the amount of money is correct.
That depends entirely on the living costs of the region, you can't just convert the currency and call it a day.
18$ per hour would be half the average wage in Norway, but it would also be more than three times the Mexican average.

Dex-chan lover
....my job back in japan paid a fuckton more than what she made a month. And even now in terms of jpy I make 734000¥ a month after taxes. Or after taxes 58800 (close to 80k a year) so these numbers just don't make much sense. She's only making a little more than what he was at his old job.

Oh, and that pay was in aomori prefecture. So we'll removed from the central hub of Tokyo, Kyoto, osaka, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread