Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu - Vol. 6 Ch. 42 - Goodbye

Dex-chan lover
@Yurnero that exact thought crossed my mind as well LOL. It just seemed kind of forced in that situation. I guess you could consider that for one thing makoto is japanese and japanese people are so conformed that it is rather rare for them to experience people of other races. They of course know about the concept of racism and I'm pretty sure older japanese people still have plenty of prejudice for the chinese(as well as a strong anti-korean sentiment), but I think the younger generation who don't have that exposure really just live in a happy go lucky world... except it's filled with bullying or harsh work hours according to our mangakas. So even if it isn't racism, makoto should have experienced some sort of social tension or other similiar issues just based off the fact some people don't look as good as others, aren't talented as others, etc etc.

I believe the main point that the mangaka was trying to showcase is the dark thoughts of killing an ugly monster is heavily influenced by those blessed by or those that worship the goddess. But other than that, makoto does come off as ignorant and simple-minded in that sense, maybe because he's never experienced/witnessed those kind of issues like bullying himself.

Aggregator gang
@Hamin The naivety can be annoying sometimes but then again that can be said to almost every mc in isekai

Dex-chan lover
@Yurnero ye I agree. But it can be used as good/entertaining plot points like with Gon from HxH. Just depends.

Ghis is the turning event. This chapter really important so dont skim it. It will become the basis of what makoto will do in the future. Finally this scene in 2d, ty vm scanlator

What a pathetic MC 🤢🤢🤢🤢🤮🤮🤮🤮 and the logic of the author so far in the story is for the festivals !!!!!

@Yurnero @Hamin

The thing with racism in our modern world is that while we do know of slavery and racism in the old days. Makoto as someone from modern Japan didn't have real experience with it, yet.

Everyone kind of knows hwo cruel reality is. But when directly being confronted with it - that's where people will react differently. Makoto in this case was believing the humans in the fantasy world to be like the ones from our modern world.

This is less about him being shocked cause of racism/slavery or whatever. This is him hating himself - because he forced the thought of modern humanity on his view of the humans in the fantasy world.
He tried to feign ignorance to what the Demihumans told him before and believed that humans are inherently "good" - now realizing that he surrounded by zero humans that he can trust.

Double-page supporter
@Mimcoa
If this guy is fits your definition of "pathetic", then you shouldn't read 99% of the isekai manga out there.
In one of those, the antagoinst nearly raped the fiancé of the protagonist, and he got off with just a single slap. They were basically just saying "You shouldn't do bad stuff".

@Crywolf641 @Mogima WN.
The boss of the merchant association, he did an interrogation and made Makoto reveal the teleport. I remember Mio wanting to destroy the whole place 😂

Dex-chan lover
it's nice to see Makoto grow some balls, to bad they shrink back into raisins later

Dex-chan lover
He's mad AF. And for good reason. The Hyumans in that world are trash, just like their bug of a "goddess".

Fed-Kun's army
Finally, MC grew up. Took a while, and poor him for needing this shit to wake up, but about bloody damn fucking time.

Thank you for the upload.

Idk about other people but he's the type of flawed character I like. He's a wimpy little bitch, but he has morals and can get shit done. That's all I need. Idk why everyone hates him so much. He's just a kid who's overly attached to his original world and its rules. I don't like him that much, but I can't bring myself to hate him.

Users who are viewing this thread