Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu - Vol. 9 Ch. 58 - A Draw, Or A Morning Without A Victor

This is ch77 in the WN right? I don’t recall ever reading about that superhealer?

Dex-chan lover
@xEternalSoul
It certainly seemed like he was blaming them to me. When he taunts Sophia during their rematch, he basically calls her stupid for letting herself be charmed. He meets Tomoki face to face and defeats him, then heals him, then later after defeating Tomoki's goons he basically says "if you live or die it's just luck." After he defeats Haruka, he says it's because of her daughter that he spared her, saying "in my opinion, the best way to save you would be to let you die."

The author set up the story that way and justified it that way. But I know war vets who struggle with deep personal guilt in real life, people who regret and never forget the things they've done. The author's solution, glorifying suicide, pisses me off. I can only imagine that the author had zero real experience with people with trauma.

Double-page supporter
Oh the woman Is new, even compared to the wn. I wonder how this will add up. At least now we now why no wind.

@icekatze
To be fair, killing enemies/strangers in a war is not the same as killing your friends/family and there aren't any therapists or similar professions there either, agree to disagree then.

Group Leader
Oh boi how much I learned from the comments!

But I didn't expected that!
Makoto goes from classic japanese virgin stereotype to sexually hyperactive harem king.
😆

@Icekatze Talk about taking things out of context lol.
Comparing PTSD from war to charmed victims is ridiculous. The sense of guilt is completely different and the author's "solution" was also written as socially unacceptable even within his own world. The MC in this story doesn't represent righteousness at all. I'm not sure how you didn't pick up on that after reading till Haruka's arc.

Dex-chan lover
@xEternalSoul
I'll agree to disagree. All I really wanted to do here was express my hope that the manga handles it well anyways.

@damiester
When it comes to doing regrettable things, I don't think survivor's guilt is a ridiculous comparison. And the experiences of child soldiers, who are often trapped by a cycle of guilt that tells them they can never return to normal again, is an even closer analogy. Magic isn't even necessary.

I will admit, because I don't speak or read any Japanese, that a fan translation is one step further removed from authorial intent than I would like to make a serious critical analysis of the story. But whether it was the author's view, or the flawed actions of the protagonist who the audience is supposed to relate to on some level, I personally just got tired of the charm subplot and wanted it to be over. If that's your thing, I'm not going to judge. I never said that anyone is objectively wrong for liking the story. I still merely hope that the manga handles it in a way that is more palatable, because I am curious about the outcome of the story overall.

Double-page supporter
Noice, Tomoe and Mio looks sexy and they deserve to spend time with makoto bc they are good waifus

Will Makoto di h scene??
I hope Makoto open his heart for he love before the weak Hero do bad act

Ακομα μια αδερφή για πρωταγωνιστής !!! Ελεος πια 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

@icekatze
What do you mean by 'handles it well'? People who understand the reasoning of the author in the novel is the people who don't miss the detail in the story. You don't understand it and have many misunderstanding is your own fault for missing what those people don't. So don't say something like the novel doesn't 'handles it well' just because you didn't read it well enough. Or do you want the author to write it like when they write a children story so you can easily understand it?

"Trouble with women" Yeah, he sure is cursed to have beautiful women throw themselves at him, what a poor guy.

@Dan93
You mean that comic relief loser? He tries something and get beaten an inch from death by your mc.
Hopefully, he dies soon.
Also, about what you are wondering...
Apparently, he had sex with Tomoe and Mio, not sure if it is true, it was like a recent rumour about the novel.

Users who are viewing this thread