Uchi no Ko no Tame naraba, Ore wa Moshikashitara Maou mo Taoseru kamo Shirenai

Fed-Kun's army
TL:DR the ending is not shit like usagi drop. so don't immediately jump to conclusions and call it Usagi Drop

seriously everyone keeps saying the ending is the same as Usagi Drop first ofF for those claiming that dale was grooming latina NO HE WASN'T if he was then he would be consciously guiding her to have feelings for him. NOT THE CASE as confirmed by Latina herself
she had an interest in him from the moment he saved her from the forest. and it only grew from there. dale was completely unaware of these feelings. he actually went into denial and had somewhat of a breakdown when he was forced to confront the issue
secondly by that time latina is an adult NOT A CHILD
so no it is NOT usa

Regarding the Ending
IMHO my issue stems from the fact that the Parent figure in these situations Raise them as their child, meaning that's all they should see them as, regardless of what the child's feelings are at any point. The moment the parent figure accepts these feels as ok, is when im weirded out and possibly going to drop the manga(I haven't had to do this yet so idk)

The title should be changed.
Considering she doesn't stay his "daughter" for very long. Title should be more like "How to raise your bride."

@THeMonSun Yup. I agree.
Having no blood relation to the child shouldn't automatically make it okay either. If you decided to love and care for them like your own (which the MC considers Latina to be his daughter), then that's all they should ever be to you, your child. To suddenly look at them as anything but, once they've reached a legal age is just creepy, disturbing, and frankly disgusting. And for people to be okay with this is the most weirdest part to me. Geez, why can't stories like this stay innocent and wholesome without tainting and ruining the relationship between them as parent and child with pointless romance BS. It's not hard to write a normal story about family and adoption. Just look at Somali and the forest spirit. Well at least it hasn't gone that route yet, but I'm starting to lose hope now because of stories like this one. 😪

Dex-chan lover
I wonder how low the ratings will drop when "it" happens in the manga. As of now, its a 8.62

What is this I'm reading in the comments? Usagi Drop...please no..no.........not that! I have trauma about that series.

Aggregator gang
are there missing chapters? I swear I've read further than this

Aggregator gang
@Imryse: Technically? The Light Novel is significantly farther and the raws also are much further. You most likely read it from some other scanlator group. For here, there are no missing chapters yet. That's considered chapters that caused a gap between them (Example: 1,2, 5, 10). A LOOOOOOOOOOT of manga here are behind the raws though.

R71

I might keep an eye on this since it's apparently pissing off the exact brand of person I despise, judging from the comment section.

Uhm guys, really not the place to talk about the light novel ending. You're spoiling it for others

I just discovered there is a 9th LN. As for all the Usagi Drop references, what happens between Latina and Dale when she becomes an adult won't matter a bit in their world a couple centuries from now.
It's alluded to in either vol 7 or 8 that the spirits of Mov and Rag have given Dale their blessings.
I've gotta wait a couple more weeks to order it, but I'll be getting volume 9.

Yep, I'm the LN reader too, when "it" happened, I couldn't accept it really well, but the author made the other think it is "natural", I was like, WTF

Aggregator gang
lets just say if you didnt like the usagi drop manga, you DEFINITELY wont like this either

@HikariMia
How was that not obvious since the very beginning tho?
So in the manga will it take like a 100 chapter for
them to finally marry?
Just aking anyone reading the LN.

Dex-chan lover
Dude, same. The kids in mangas always have the determination to do whatever. I just lazed around at that age

I just want to say that the manga is good , the anime , sadly , was complete garbage since they changed way too much stuff , i dropped it and i hope the next season is animated by another studio.

Right now we're at the 2nd volume of the light novel, so not even 1/4 of the story.
Does that mean there's going to be at least 24 volumes? And since the current pace is 1 volume per year, it will end in ~20 years?

WTH people, their age aren't that far away. Plus, Latina is already adult by that time. Another thing to consider is the fact that the setting is not in our time. What are you complaining about the LN here at manga site.🙄

Banned
@Kokorokimochi

because this literally the same thing as the famous movie director Woody Allen married his adopted daughter Soon-Yi Previn.
There is a whole lot of people are don't agree with what they did while there is people that do agree with it after learning how Mia Farrow treated the child as she was raised by them.

People are going to have strong opinions on this sort of subject matter.

Why am I having different memories of reading this? In my memory,
Latina tamed a small fox like creature thats supposedly powerful and is hunted down for their fur. And when they arrived to Dale's hometown they were greeted by a lot of traps and had to go through a tunnel to get to their hometown
. And the latest chapter isnt even at that part yet.

Users who are viewing this thread