Urasekai Picnic - Vol. 11 Ch. 62 - The Whispered Voice Requires Self-Responsibility IX

Dex-chan lover
Damn, this chapter was especially gruesome, like viscerally. Despite all the horror shit we've seen already, somehow, gouging out someone's eyeballs with your thumbs still manages to up the ante even more. Shit's getting so real

Dex-chan lover
I always love the scp vibes this story gives. And been a bit annoyed by the whole "lets keep secrets cuz i'm jealous" drama they have been doing for a while. Hopefully this spells an end to such artificially produced drama.
It's honestly probably related. The monsters take the appearance of scary things and Satsuki is what the MC fears the most.

Group Leader
This chapter, along with a bit of next chapter probably, might just be one of my favorite scenes from the novel. Something about Runa screaming "Mom!!" gives me goosebumps, and the rest is brilliant too. The atmosphere of those plains was also perfect

Dex-chan lover
I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm thinking there's something a little off about this Satsuki woman. I mean I don't want to jump to any conclusions or anything, but there's just something that makes me feel like she might not be totally on the up and up ya know?

Dex-chan lover
It's honestly probably related. The monsters take the appearance of scary things and Satsuki is what the MC fears the most.
The fact I love scp vibes in this story is related to how I dislike artificial drama created by forced poor communication, because of how the monsters take on the shape of fears (which they btw don't. It's been shown to be way more abstract than that)?

Dex-chan lover
I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm thinking there's something a little off about this Satsuki woman. I mean I don't want to jump to any conclusions or anything, but there's just something that makes me feel like she might not be totally on the up and up ya know?
That's an odd feeling you have there, considering how she is consistently depicted as far taller than everyone else :pacman:

Dex-chan lover
Maybe it's just me, but I think screaming "It's not her/she's not here" really doesn't explain fuck all to the person obsessed with finding this woman(?)

Dex-chan lover
at this moment, Toriko just saw the scene of someone she loves the most just did an inhuman thing.

wakey wakey time Toriko, time to realize how after all these times Sorawo has been protected you from this monster

Supporter
I think it's reductive to say Sorawo's motivation to not talk about Satsuki is purely out of jealousy. Yes, that's part of it, but she's also distinctly worried Toriko will act irrationally or do something incredibly dangerous if she hears about this--she does have rational reasons to think it might be a bad idea to tell Toriko. In fact, Toriko DID react in a really dangerous way to discovering "Satsuki" was in the same room as her.

Dex-chan lover
I always love the scp vibes this story gives. And been a bit annoyed by the whole "lets keep secrets cuz i'm jealous" drama they have been doing for a while. Hopefully this spells an end to such artificially produced drama.
It's an artifact of adaptation. In the manga, from the reader's perspective, Sorawo kept her sightings of Satsuki a secret for over two years (chapter 36 - 62). In the light novel, the same development (from volume 2 to 3) took 1 year and 1 month for the Japanese version, and three months for the English version.

Users who are viewing this thread