Urasekai Picnic - Vol. 3 Ch. 13 - Kisaragi Station VII

Dex-chan lover
Huh, so the author combined Kisaragi Station legend with the Final Dream legend? That's pretty neat

If that's how they came off to her, how were they able to get the advice not to show the military their eyes and hands? Creepy

Dex-chan lover
ngl, the combination between those urban legends make me remember w/ a certain game called Paranormal Syndrome

Probably the creepiest chapter so far. It literally gave me shiver all over my body and its 1 am right now wtf.

But low key i was expecting the girl with the glasses to be more traumatized than that after witnessing a bunch of monkeys butchering a ghostly civilian. Im talking about Subaru level of trauma. Snot all over while crying in fear. And then the blonde girl hug her tightly to calm her. Kinda a let down she took it so easily, as if she already experienced seeing a mutilated human before.

@eddard8 well... she blacked out from fear. And it isn't really like her to react that way.

Fear is one of the main topics of this series and possibly the only "tool" to understand the Otherside, more explanations related to cognitive science (and fear in particular) will be revealed in the next arc.

@pilafrice0

Well, they already knew that it would be bad if their mutations were discovered. Their subconscious might have filled in the blanks. Sorawo did wonder right after the call whether the conversation really happened.

Even weirder, though, is how they got that info from her about the "Darkhorse Battalion" and that the "Palehorse Battalion" wasn't a real thing. A paranoia-fueled delusion, maybe...?

Resident Yuripig
Contributor
Nothing is a delusion. Spoiler from Vol 3 of the LN:
There's a real government agency at work here trying to figure the otherside out (and not doing a really good job atm - until the two girls show up).

Dex-chan lover
@AgentKuga I forgot the exact storytelling, but the story goes that the storyteller had a dream of being in a ride, like a roller coaster, except that the tracks go straight and that there were other trains behind them. Every once in a while, there were announcements similar to train station announcements, except that the announcements mentioned something mundane. However, after every announcement, someone on the trains behind the storyteller gets killed by mystical monkeys by methods based on a pun of the announcement. The storyteller realized it was a dream, but because everything was vivid and visceral, they felt that if they died here, they might actually die IRL. The kills get closer and closer, but just as the next announcement was for the storyteller, they woke up.

After a few years, the storyteller forgot they had this dream, but during one night, they had the same dream again. Like before, the kills got closer, and just as it was about to be their turn to get killed by the monkeys, they woke up.

Except this time, just as they woke up, they heard one of the monkeys whispering to them: "This is the second time we let you off. The next time will be your last."

The storyteller was afraid of sleeping since then.

i shouldn't have red this when i'm about to sleep.

Aight, time to read a LOVELY CUTIE YURI

I'M OUT

Dex-chan lover
😅freak ! if this is aired this ain't some friendly show... ain't going to watch this Anime at night! nice way to end this chapter tho. I thought the ending gonna stay wholesome chearing up and what? it ended up as nightmare 😅

Alright, first episode came out today.
REMINDER Y'ALL, DO NOT SPOIL THIS FOR THE NEWBIES, I CAN'T WAIT TO THE SEE THIS PART ADAPTED.

Users who are viewing this thread