Urasekai Picnic - Vol. 3 Ch. 13 - Kisaragi Station VII

N2O

Dex-chan lover
I'm not sure if some overarching symbolism throughout the chapters so far that I'm too dumb to get or if they're just pulling random spooky japanese stories that I've never heard of and are just using them to put together some horror action stuff..? Doesn't seem to be much of a plot, just a random string of encounters

Dex-chan lover
@n2o So far most of them were references to famous japanese urban legends and creepypastas, with Hasshaku-sama, Kunekune, Kisaragi station and the Monkey Dream. Most of these you can find pretty easy, but the only translated version I've see of the original Monkey Dream story is a video by Tara A. Devlin where she plays a mobile game that is basically a collection of urban legends called Toshiden.

Dex-chan lover
MONKÉ

I really hope this part gets adapted, cause holy shit I'm ready to be terrified.

Damn, I had a gut feeling those soldiers weren't going to make it out of there. Looks like they won't... for now, hopefully...

Dex-chan lover
So like... that conversation that Kozakura heard. That was definitely their voices from an alternate timeline or something. Like if they hadn't been able to get away from the monkeys or something.

Dex-chan lover
i was looking forward for this scene tho.... but i guess the anime won't show the gore side of this series....

:sad monke noises:

For her to be a scientist she sure does have a VERY closed mind and refuses to believe people who been to the other side and has ACTUAL evidence and proof. I hate this girl.

Dex-chan lover
I'm pretty sure that bit at the end implied that another version of themselves was left behind on the train and died some sort of terrifying, horrible death.

Dex-chan lover
@Shtoops
Highly unlikely. They heard the loli's voice doing the exact same thing on their end of the phone and she never set foot on the Other Side. It seems more likely something was hijacking the phone signal and copying their voices.

Dex-chan lover
I like to imagine that on page 23 the creepy voice on the phone literally said "incomprehensible babbling".

Users who are viewing this thread