Urasekai Picnic - Vol. 6 Ch. 35 - Resort Night at the Beach of the End IV

Dex-chan lover
@I_am_nemo
See, that is like saying tectonic plates are still moving. But it isn't like I can just sit around and watch mountains cruise about.
I can only read what is here now, and I've read what is here now and ran out of pages.
Depending on the speed of release I might end up re-reading it all purely by coincidence in... like.... 2 years or something. But for now this is the end.

Dex-chan lover
@jhs_reika

I think that their stupidity is not entirely their fault. I assume by what was implied by most of the chapters is that this is something similar to the dream world. Even if you think you are behaving normally you are still following the logic of that other world. So their care free behavior is actually the influence of the other side.

That is also why I actually think Satsuki does not exists or she is a monster from the other side (maybe Sorawo dead mother?). There something really wrong how everybody is speaking about her.

Dex-chan lover
@AngryFerret
No, the otherside is different from a dream world. Aside from when dealing with supernatural beings directly, every human that traversed into the otherworld (including Sorawo and Toriko themselves) could still act normally at first until the fear, stress, etc pressured them to become insane. So maybe I was indeed wrong in saying that they are both stupid. Maybe their stupid behaviour was just a form of subtle hysteria. At least, I think Toriko, the instigator of the whole having fun at the beach, is a little bit insane already.
I just wonder why Sorawo didn't collect anything from the otherside anymore. Doesn't she still need money?

Dex-chan lover
@jhs_reika

Of course that they are different but in most cases both of them are similar. You remember the phone call that they made in the military camp? They thought that they are speaking normally but when recorded it was just a lunatic talk. The same applies to the beach and their later realization of how they could be so carefree under such an ominous sky. So even if you think you are behaving normally actually you could do some crazy stuff.

But I agree about the money stuff, that would be logical, but also they just collect objects from the monster rest may be just normal stuff.

@jhs_reika
According to anime (surprisingly I can still bear with it), Sorawo tried but didn't success. And since the storyline is bonded with main story, I believe we soon see it.

@MoodyUsername
Don't say that pal. Everything has it own unique.

Dex-chan lover
@AngryFerret
The phone call is a different case entirely. Sorawo and Toriko was shown acting and thinking logically from in-the-otherside perpective. They only sounded crazy from Kozakura's perpective, which is the out-of-the-otherside perpective. That's why when Sorawo and Toriko heard the recording they were creeped out, because they heard their in-the-otherside voice from the out-of-the-otherside perpective.

In the beach arc, Toriko's stupidity (or maybe insanity) was clearly shown from in-the-otherside perpective. You don't need out-of-the-otherside perpective to know that their leisure vacation was stupid. About Sorawo, she was stupidly weak against Toriko that she stupidly followed Toriko's lead and quickly forgot the danger of the otherside. When Sorawo said, "Have we been taking a leisurely vacation under this?", she only realized that the sky was never a real sky and how stupid they was for having a leisure vacation under that; not that she snapped out of any supernatural state of mind. That means that Sorawo's stupidity was an actual lapse of judgement rather than a temporary supernatural craziness caused by supernatural phenomena.

Kozakura was stupid for quickly refusing Hasshaku-sama's hat without ever researching it (since it turn out to be not a normal hat), especially if she is from an organization that trades in information on the otherside. Sorawo could have collected Kankandara's shards. They could also collected plant samples (biologists would certainly be happy to research that). I think the author just forgot. 😄

Users who are viewing this thread