Villains Are Destined to Die - Vol. 1 Ch. 8

Jesus, it is like she is cursed to be hated. This girl has probably never felt love/affection directed at her, although she did have some university friends I guess.
The stereotype for old and badass butlers isn't here it seems, screw that butler and all the workers too.
Also, her family is pretty much trash, I don't know how they will redeem themselves, but if it will happen, then I hope they suffer a lot before they actually earn forgiveness.

I want the family to suffer some way for having destroyed such a perfectly fine young lady.
Make me sick just looking at all of them.

I want her out of that toxic household!

wow it's dark, it's heavy, it's gloomy, it's depressing, it's nauseating, i wonder how mc keep her sanity in check after all those mistreatment.

I hope she never forgives this family, these people (the whole household except mc) are trash

Ughhh this rotten family and household... including the servants too 😾 our villainess is living like hell 😢😢 i don't want the affection of her brothers rise up... they are not worthy of being nice to Penelope after those endless torments these years 😭😭

Who is the ML actually? Someone who will genuinely care for her?

@baba0407
the ML is the crown prince and yes, he's the one who cares most for her (besides eclise but that's another story). Although, it will take time for his character to develop.

@baba0407 I've read the spoiler, they said the ML is the crown prince, Kallisto

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Wow, so y’all just absolutely brought this entirely upon yourselves. Even if y’all got murdered in cold blood by Penelope, it’d just be karmic retribution.... ya getting ZERO sympathy n’ I hope ya get horrible endings.

Contributor
I hope the real penelope didn't die and just swapped body with our Fmc, just to let her have a normal life, somewhat.

Aggregator gang
I could get the siblings hating her, but why do all the servants hate her too?

@Whatever2005

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

The Crown Prince is the ML???????? But he nearly kills her when they first meet! And without any reason what so ever!!! He's just plain horrible....... This sucks.

Aggregator gang
@carolibarros
Well, there are other reasons, the Prince also had a really shitty life with an abusive family, just before he meets her for the first time, he had just defeated an assassin sent by his family and was on edge, and Penelope clearly followed him and has a bad reputation, he's so used to being attacked that the idea she wasn't out to screw him didn't enter his mind.

And he does get character development, and they bond over their shitty lives and families to a point where he genuinely starts to care for her and protect her more than any other guy, but it took realizing she wasn't an assassin or trying to manipulate him while working with his family to even start getting there.

Aggregator gang
@Mizumachi Funnily enough, Penelope was the same, you even see her as a kid with bad clothes and the novel outright states people just tended to hate and abuse her no matter what, even back when she was a commoner, it's heavily implied that the reason she became bitter and so mean is that she felt the world wouldn't love her no matter what, so she may as well be mean to the world, no matter how well she behaved, the abuse would always come.

Her getting confused for a rich girl and going to live in a mansion was genuinely the only nice thing that ever happened to her, and even through all the abuse, her life as a commoner was so awful she actually felt like the terrible food and things like poked by needles every day was still a better life than running from the household, the main character and Penelope are extremely similar...perhaps that is the reason why the main character became Penelope, their lives were already similar enough.

Users who are viewing this thread