Vinland Saga - Ch. 203 - Thousand Year Voyage Part 12

Dex-chan lover
This sucks. I hate this.

I know, historically, this was going to happen, but, man, it still makes me so sad. Everyone (save for a few) were so earnest to pursue peace, but this stuff always happens. Ugh...

Great arc so far, I love it.

Dex-chan lover
I still don't get it...

These natives can get high and see into the future, and one of them can even see the Industrial Revolution and its consequences, but Valhalla absolutely is not real and death is oblivion?
Yukimura is either making a statement or isn't. We weren't going to follow that one dying dude into the afterlife. We just got him feeling betrayed before he kicked it. Who knows what's real in the story.

Thanks for the chapter!

I still don't get it...

These natives can get high and see into the future, and one of them can even see the Industrial Revolution and its consequences, but Valhalla absolutely is not real and death is oblivion?
The Vikings didnt actually have superhuman strength either, but we have Thorkell tossing boulders and being like 8ft tall.

I assume Yukimura decides to show the embellished historical feats, rather than make it entirely grounded in reality. Its not inherently anything supernatural, it could be psychedelics causing the visions and so the manga uses it to drive the story forward.

Dex-chan lover
When the first explorers from Europe traveled the Amazon it was said the riverside was full of Mayan settlements, as far and as deep as eye could see. When other explorers came after a long while, they didn't find anything, just jungle overgrown everything...

Users who are viewing this thread