Vinland Saga - Ch. 208 - Thousand Year Voyage Part 17

Dex-chan lover
I am in the minority here but something like this would have never happened if this story had the same vibe as the whole first part. She would be dead and the village would have been torched. Like the whole vibe and how the story was represented switched in my opinion.
It also represents how trends changes. This is what's popular nowadays. Manga is like two decades old, you can actually see the whole pendulum swing from the dark and gritty to the wee super heroes weee in it.

Dex-chan lover
In the first part we literally had Thorkell cartoonishly tossing people like sacks high into the air. One guy literally got so scared of Thorkell his mind snapped and he got amnesia and reverted to the mentality of a child. If the cartoonish unrealism of Thorkell’s strength gets a pass in the first part, then his daughter being cartoonishly strong and intimidating people shouldn’t be a problem to swallow at all.
Thorkell doesn't have a daughter.

Dex-chan lover
It also represents how trends changes. This is what's popular nowadays. Manga is like two decades old, you can actually see the whole pendulum swing from the dark and gritty to the wee super heroes weee in it.
Manga is like two decades old
LMFAO
pendulum swing
Lolwut?! U havin' a giggle, m8?

There ain't no pendulum swing when it comes to manga. Everything's available to you no matter what you're into. Everything has its own niche.

comic299.png

Dex-chan lover
LMFAO

Lolwut?! U havin' a giggle, m8?

There ain't no pendulum swing when it comes to manga. Everything's available to you no matter what you're into. Everything has its own niche.
You be you, everyone has their own cognitive capacity to understand things. This manga already demonstrated it and you're still oblivious to it. Not my responsibility to baby sit special needs like you.

Dex-chan lover
You be you, everyone has their own cognitive capacity to understand things. This manga already demonstrated it and you're still oblivious to it. Not my responsibility to baby sit special needs like you.
lol calm down

You're not you when you're hungry. 🙄

There's nothing wrong with YOU being wrong though.

Maybe, try leaving your terminally online bubble, then you'll probably realize that the "pendulum" is all just smokes and mirrors.

I like how Yukimura showcased Cordelia's strength here. Makes sense in terms of her character traits rather than going berserk like Thorkell, although that could have worked too. They gave her enough reason to snap. Anyway, this feels better. I don't think we'll see Cordelia beating the shit out of people, but this was a cool moment where she could show strength like her father in a way that fits with who she's been.

I love how Cordelia kept that dark shading around the face while everyone else was normal lol just graduated into omega gigachad

Double-page supporter
R2ls466.jpg

Chills. Just fucking chills man.
If she was raised as a man and Thor's successor, history would've changed forever if we had two powerhouses wrecking havoc in the seas.
Love that their warrior lead, take a stab at it, realize the sheer power gap, and peace out without much fuss and ensuring his people safe too.
Even if they did end up killing him, it would be like facing Thors in his last battle. You may get riches, spoils and slaves but end up losing most of your men trying to kill him.

Users who are viewing this thread