Wan Mu - Ch. 39 - Why Did You Leave?

Dex-chan lover
MY HEART CAN'T TAKE THIS!!!! THIS IS TOO MUCH!! :meguuusad:

No one can even hate Hongren he's such a good dad and husband. This is soooo heartwrenching.

Dex-chan lover
MY HEART CAN'T TAKE THIS!!!! THIS IS TOO MUCH!! :meguuusad:

No one can even hate Hongren he's such a good dad and husband. This is soooo heartwrenching.
The only person i hate on this is wanwan. Cuz she cant make a choice, she want both her parents and lover(Mumu). But the one hurting the most is Mumu, seeing her parent got isolated and then seeing her lover got married.

Dex-chan lover
The only person i hate on this is wanwan. Cuz she cant make a choice, she want both her parents and lover(Mumu). But the one hurting the most is Mumu, seeing her parent got isolated and then seeing her lover got married.
I don't really hate Wanwan either. Like in this chapter as stated Mumu was the one that urged Wanwan to get married. And before getting caught by Wanwan's mother in the bedroom in a previous chapter, Wanwan was the one that really held their relationship as Mumu was struggling. The real bad here is society seeing same sex is a grave sin. Worse than murder. Wanwan also still loves Mumu very much despite being married to a good man. Even Hongren knows as another chapter showed.

I really wish all of them happiness.

Dex-chan lover
I don't really hate Wanwan either. Like in this chapter as stated Mumu was the one that urged Wanwan to get married. And before getting caught by Wanwan's mother in the bedroom in a previous chapter, Wanwan was the one that really held their relationship as Mumu was struggling. The real bad here is society seeing same sex is a grave sin. Worse than murder. Wanwan also still loves Mumu very much despite being married to a good man. Even Hongren knows as another chapter showed.

As you can see, wanwan know why Mumu doing all of that. She's a hypocrite, after all those talk on last chapter she did nothing at all. I know the society is wrong, but they can ignore it like Mumu parents. But yeah, i Wish both of them happiness

Dex-chan lover
Wow I hate this, the message of this manga really is just "give up on being gay, you hurt everyone by being it".

"My parents suffered a lot from the hate and judgement of the world, but they persevered because they loved each other and that is what was most important to them, they don't regret it. Therefore I should just tell my gf to go marry a guy"

Dex-chan lover

sorry but that is a dumb shity excuse, wanwan was LIKE I ‘m fuck this guy up and NEVER LOVE HIM HAHAH FUCKER OF AN STRAIGH MEN LIVING WITH A WOMEN THAT DOESN’T LOVE HIM BUT ID ALSO disgusted by this stupid dick! YAYAYAYAYAYA

WanWan was also like this dumb saint sacrificing herself for her dumb mother this is stupid as hell! she CLEARLY agrees with MuMu on the idea that you need like an moron to sacrifice all your happyness to be an hole for a dick and give birth to an child!

she made her damn BED NOW ENJOY IT! and she is ENJOYING IT FULLY!

way in the fuck will the author EVER MAKE THEM BACK TOGETHER? aren’t they PRODLY HAPPY? for giving in? this ain’t sadness this is stupidity made manifest cuz it’s fiction! it was one if EITHER mumu or wanwan break up BUT MUMU to tell her TO SUFFER??? and wanwan ACCEPTED IT???

they NEVER FAUGHT!!! for their own happyness!!! and wanwan has the garbage advice in LISTENING TO PARANTS bro ! your with a dick you hate cuz you BLINDLY listen to your parants!!!

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Wow I hate this, the message of this manga really is just "give up on being gay, you hurt everyone by being it".

"My parents suffered a lot from the hate and judgement of the world, but they persevered because they loved each other and that is what was most important to them, they don't regret it. Therefore I should just tell my gf to go marry a guy"
YAP! they deserve the fate they got because of stupidity! sorry but the message is garbage in this dumb story I HATE IT SO MUCH!

like the guy is a good guy and this bitch wanwan was like! SURE HERE IS MY PUSSY BUT NOT MY HEART! BRO wtf is this garbage of a reason?????

Dex-chan lover
and i was right! WTF are they gonna do in bloody 4 CHAPTERS!?!?!?! how in the fuck ar ethey gonna go back together? WAY IS THE ENDING SO GOD DAMN UGLY???

Dex-chan lover
I think many are confused and more angry without understanding what Wanwan said in previous chapter.

She regrets and will always regret separating with Mumu. She advised the black-haired girl to talk to with her family. If they don't understand, talk to them a second, a third time, even if it takes 1000 times, keep talking to them until they understand you and your partner. Both her and Mumu have not moved on from each other and will always love each other.

This is a sad reality that not many can choose who they love. Not everyone is as fortunate.

Dex-chan lover
I think many are confused and more angry without understanding what Wanwan said in previous chapter.

She regrets and will always regret separating with Mumu. She advised the black-haired girl to talk to with her family. If they don't understand, talk to them a second, a third time, even if it takes 1000 times, keep talking to them until they understand you and your partner. Both her and Mumu have not moved on from each other and will always love each other.

This is a sad reality that not many can choose who they love. Not everyone is as fortunate.
And that's why shes an hypocrite, she talking all of those but do none of those. You know Mumu left her cuz wanwan cant leave her mother. That's why i hate Wanwan more than Mumu.

Dex-chan lover
One thing this story emphasizes to me is that in Asian culture (and some US Christian subcultures), the distinction between something being inherently, ethically wrong on one hand and disliked by the community on the other is very blurred. For that kind of culture, something disliked by the community pretty much is wrong just on that basis. I strongly disagree with this idea, I think it's deeply mistaken, ultimately incoherent, and makes for more authoritarian communities . . . but it is pretty common in the world. It gets you a kind of social cohesion at the expense of everyone who doesn't naturally fit in to arbitrary expectations.

I

Huh, seems like that message being the actual message remains to be seen but go off lmao

And that's why shes an hypocrite, she talking all of those but do none of those. You know Mumu left her cuz wanwan cant leave her mother. That's why i hate Wanwan more than Mumu.
Except this chapter proves that Mumu isn't desperate, rather confident.

It's like a subversion of the "just a phase" trope. Looks like Mumu believes that Wanwan is in one of those sily hetero phases but will be back to Mumu when she's over it.

One of the things that makes this series great is how subtle the messages and character dynamics are. In between 900 panels of people eating there's excellent symbolism and a very deep, layered development of a relationship nobody would think can work, from homophobes to homosexuals.

and i was right! WTF are they gonna do in bloody 4 CHAPTERS!?!?!?! how in the fuck ar ethey gonna go back together? WAY IS THE ENDING SO GOD DAMN UGLY???
I bet they don't get back together but instead stay friends and open a taco truck named Wan Mu. That's where the title comes into play. Surprise it wasn't a GL series all along!

The real enemy here is society and WanWans stupid shitty mom. She should be taught tolerance via spatula lobotomy

Dex-chan lover
Except this chapter proves that Mumu isn't desperate, rather confident.

It's like a subversion of the "just a phase" trope. Looks like Mumu believes that Wanwan is in one of those sily hetero phases but will be back to Mumu when she's over it.

One of the things that makes this series great is how subtle the messages and character dynamics are. In between 900 panels of people eating there's excellent symbolism and a very deep, layered development of a relationship nobody would think can work, from homophobes to homosexuals.
Yep, but still... Im sad seeing Mumu like that. She deserve someone better than wanwan

Yep, but still... Im sad seeing Mumu like that. She deserve someone better than wanwan
Idk, I thought that as well up until this chapter. Mumu might be the most cartoonishly understanding and empathetic human of all time but she still makes me want to trust her more than pity her. Plus we know the only thing keeping Wanwan away is her 'straight phase' hehehe

Ok maybe I’m from a homophobic country where homosexuality doesn’t even exist (and its the biggest sin) so i kind understand whats happening here..

First, a lot of y’all hating on this and especially that wanwan married a man (chose a dick like you’re saying) and forgetting that a lot of countries and society still dont accept homosexuality, which leads to marrying someone else you dont like just to fit in. Thats literally a part of gays history which why PRIDE MONTH EXIST! The queers fought all these years for us to be able to love who we want, but shitting on closeted gays still isnt acceptable! A lot of us living this reality whether we like it or not, and those people are gays and valid just like you and me..

The message of gays being afraid of society, hiding because of their parents, letting go of each other or fight for each other.. all of that still exist and real, even a lvl 100 homosexual can face these if they were in a bad society like this, and believe me its not Something that easy to ignore and just be with someone you like..

Saying wanwan chose a dick where in reality She was forced (and mumu was the one pushing this) and had to live with a man she doesn’t like isnt funny👍🏻 a lot of lesbians are facing this and i find it extremely disrespectful to be called this..
The manhwa also showed mumu’s mothers who even if they’re married, they still had to hid and face difficulties, which is a good point to focus on our gay fellows in those societies..

The thing that i didnt like is the way the writer tried to show that its ok if your parents hated you for being gay, you still have to fight to gain their accepts..
While i agree on fighting for your family and i know it changes a lot to have their support. I still think that sometimes not all parents deserve to destroy your love life for them..
Accept who you are and find who truly loves you.. and be safe y’all💙

Users who are viewing this thread