Watashi ga 15-sai de wa Nakunatte mo. - Vol. 2 Ch. 17

Dex-chan lover
Not true; the dad was kinda a victim, but in the end, he himself didn't properly talk to his wife about his issues....

He instead chose to cheat.....

Yes, he had issues.... but did he actually try to communicate with her? Did he try to go to therapy together???

He himself chose the wrong choice.... and even the other girl who gave him a chance to have a new life, he just abandoned her and their new daughter....
yeah, I was honestly rooting with him when he was committed to getting his certifications and paying for his daughter's school only for her dismiss it, but his previous choices gave reason for doubt, and he then proceeded to make the worst choices on how to deal with it. I mean, I get it. I come from a family with a genetic predisposition to depression. I've seen and proven to others that, no matter how much you try or how much effort THEY put in, you can't just make someone feel what you think they should, especially if they're dead inside.

Anyway, in the end he failed fully commit or follow through on anything. Makes me want to rethink my own life watching him waffle. Need to work on some certifications myself. Tried coasting off my degree but there were mass layoffs and haven't been able to get work in my field for a year. Ending up with a little job at a food factory like he did and was content just paying my bills. Fortunately, don't have anyone to drag down with me (in person, I have emotional barriers around me strong enough to deliver crushing force to anyone in my vicinity) so I won't get lost wondering if my doing it for someone else. Really reminded me how easy indecision can fuck up a life.

Dex-chan lover
This ending felt incomplete because we didn't even know what's the status of Iwashita's life. Is he even taking care of Shiina's child? Or is he just living on his own now? That's the only thing I want to know tbh.

Dex-chan lover
This ending felt incomplete because we didn't even know what's the status of Iwashita's life. Is he even taking care of Shiina's child? Or is he just living on his own now? That's the only thing I want to know tbh.
I thought it was pretty obvious from the chapter that he lives alone and neglecting his child with Shiina.

Dex-chan lover
Some of the people here definitely didn't deserve happy endings. The Wife and daughter who went to juvie.

The guy is in a position I honestly don't know how to put him. This seems like as if karma has put him in exactly the position he has placed himself. He abandoned Shiina and her child to go back to his original family, but his original family is shit and basically left him hanging.

The only good thing out of this is that Shiina was able to provide a happier life for her child, something that she was not able to have.

Dex-chan lover
So shitty daughter became someone famous? Nice moral here, be a shit human and then you can success.

Dex-chan lover
Why do people hate the wife so much? The bully I get but the wife didn't do anything wrong I can remember besides getting overweight and being a bit worn out.

Dex-chan lover
I suppose this one of those series that tries hard to get back at the cheater/taboo relationship than addressing all the parties involved issues. Onto the next one I guess...

Dex-chan lover
Not true; the dad was kinda a victim, but in the end, he himself didn't properly talk to his wife about his issues....

He instead chose to cheat.....

Yes, he had issues.... but did he actually try to communicate with her? Did he try to go to therapy together???

He himself chose the wrong choice.... and even the other girl who gave him a chance to have a new life, he just abandoned her and their new daughter....
His daughter bullied the FMC which resulted in all this happening

MC becomes alone

The mom at least I'm happy is moving on

The FMC doesn't look happy in the least

And the goddamn bully daughter finished her recording like she's an idol and shit, the one person who didn't deserve a good ending

Dex-chan lover
Not sure how you guys are reading "teenage youtuber celeb with daddy issues and estranged from her family" as happy ending for her. She peaked. A teenager idol with little to no support network. She still talks to her mom but she is prioritizing her own life now so dont expect too much support there. Also met the bf in juvie lol thats gonna end well. A teenager involved with people like that, bad family connections and earning too much money. She is fucked.

The wife is fine, she realized she was not a good wife and decided to face that. And now is tring to take care of herself, find happiness without being reliant on other people. She moved on.

She didn't break shit. Once her daughter hits middle/high school is going to be the same batshit stuff again. As shown at the beginning Shiina is a millimeter away from breaking down and the moment her daughter forgets to give her headpats or enters her rebellious phase she's gonna snap.

The dude's daughter isn't moving forward but backwards, she got a gangsta boyfriend and by her smug face we can conclude she learnt nothing and most likely thinks that being a vengeful, stabby bitch is the way to go since that got her her current fame.

The mom seems okay from what little bits we saw. Kinda sad that it took her daughter going to juvie and her family falling apart to decide to get fit and take care of herself (mentally and physically). She wasn't a good mom and should have got some kind of punishment for that but life is a russian rulete.

The dude continues to be a piece of shit until the very end since apparently he didn't even take responsibility for his mistakes (on both sides) and still wants to feel like he's the victim.

I'm going to disagree regarding Shiina's ending, because this is probably the best end result with her. We learn that ultimately Shiina's mom didn't want kids (Chapter 13) she was casually swept in the moment of passion, Shiina herself was an extension of her desire for a man. Her mom hated her way before she was even a teenager, it was when she was becoming a burden in finding a man. She realized she was becoming exactly like her mother: she wasn't having the baby for her happiness, she was having that baby to try and get Iwashita to fully commit to her. (Chapter 16)

This is also something we learn about Iwashita (in Chapter 15), where his decision to have a child ultimately came with a desire to tie himself to his ex-wife. But then once Kokoa was actually born, he lacked as a father. That was probably the biggest catalyst to the two growing distant, even he hadn't realized it till then.

But then she realizes climging onto some random man, who is as wishy-washy about commitment, is exactly how she'll end up unhappy. Abortion was still an option for her by this point too, she had an alternative path, but then decided to keep the child.
She's not crying because her daughter didn't dote on her, she's crying because she's having a hard time as a single mom (other moms and her coworkers gossiping behind her back. hectic schedule, etc.). If anything this is perhaps the most normal expression of sadness she experienced through the entire course of the manga.

She's already leagues above her own mother. Their house properly contains children's toys, it looks clean and well kept, she manages to find time to make her a bento, they actually do outings together, she's actually reading books on parenting and self-improving, etc. And most importantly; we don't see a single man around her. She isn't tying her value around her body and how men desire it, and she didn't keep the baby out of false expectations that some man would love her for it. She became a mom out of her own volition, and even after years pass by and her daughter is a bit older, that doesn't change.

Minor translation note: The food they're eating that's been transcribed as ahiijo - most likely アヒージョ in the raws - is best translated as 'ajillo', the Japanese word for the Spanish food camarones al ajillo, which is shrimp fried in butter with garlic and guajillo chiles.

Dex-chan lover
Some of the people here definitely didn't deserve happy endings. The Wife and daughter who went to juvie.

The guy is in a position I honestly don't know how to put him. This seems like as if karma has put him in exactly the position he has placed himself. He abandoned Shiina and her child to go back to his original family, but his original family is shit and basically left him hanging.

The only good thing out of this is that Shiina was able to provide a happier life for her child, something that she was not able to have.
The wife wasn't as bad as we think. Yes, she neglected her husband... but he also never properly talked to him.

And yes, his daughter deserved punishment.... but she went to Juvie and is being forced to work to help her victim....

Honestly, what our man should have done was properly talk to his family rather than cheat....

But the moment he cheated, he should have taken responsibility for the pregnant girl... maybe tried to communicate with his wife and tell her all his regrets... maybe go to therapy together....

Wife wasn't deserving of a bad ending.... she just needed a wake up....

Daughter deserves punishment and got it....

Dex-chan lover
His daughter bullied the FMC which resulted in all this happening

MC becomes alone

The mom at least I'm happy is moving on

The FMC doesn't look happy in the least

And the goddamn bully daughter finished her recording like she's an idol and shit, the one person who didn't deserve a good ending
WRONG, she just got on TV, she isn't an idol. She has a boyfriend and she's actually having to pay money as compensation.....

She's basically working hard to make up for what she did.....

So it's not that she doesn't deserve a happy ending, but that she only deserves happiness if she makes up for her sins...

Dex-chan lover
WRONG, she just got on TV, she isn't an idol. She has a boyfriend and she's actually having to pay money as compensation.....

She's basically working hard to make up for what she did.....

So it's not that she doesn't deserve a happy ending, but that she only deserves happiness if she makes up for her sins...
she's paying compensation and is still the only one who actually got out successfully out of it other than the mom but I don't really blame the mom on anything

the daughter who started the entire thing, the one character who didn't deserve that kinda redemption and good ending got it better than the FMC who's doing back breaking labor being gossiped by people who don't know jackshit has that ending
so yeah its ass

Dex-chan lover
I really like this ending. The dad deserves to have a shit life after everything he did because he always ran away from his problems. Having the child was tough and she gets upset but it’s the joy she never had and she gets her wish. The wife also realized her issues and regained herself. The daughter was kind of whatever but it’s nice she’s grown into something regardless is her circumstances

Users who are viewing this thread