Watashi no Yuri wa Oshigoto desu! - Vol. 12 Ch. 58 - What I Want to Protect

Dex-chan lover
with half of the characters getting into worse shit because they are stupid in this annoying "I'm doing something stupid but for love/self-sacrifice" way

...Literally half?

Let's see:
Kanoko: Dating another girl.
Sumika: Dating the girl she likes.
Hime: Getting along with Yano.
Yano Mitsuki: Getting along with Hime.
Nene: Girl she liked and had drama with is dating another girl, her previous girlfriend is currently the crazy bitch assaulting Kanoko. It's not so much "No! I will sacrifice my love so that they may be happy!" but... that they missed their chance because Nene was playing games with Goeidou. As her chapters showed.

...So we have 5 people here and not even Nene, who you were clearly channeling here (alongside, misguidedly, probably Kanoko as well) and... not even one of them actually fits your "literally this" comment. So how are half of them doing this?

...Have you ACTUALLY been paying attention and understanding the story? Because you just proved to me, you clearly haven't.

You obviously love this shit, which is fine, and I just came here to laugh a bit after checking out the comic after dropping it a while ago, only coming back to respond to your comments after getting a notification. And maybe you are right, maybe the story did get better after volume 6 which I think was the last one I bought and I just missed the deep writing in between.

So... Lemme get this straight. You skipped a whole bunch of chapters, hadn't been reading the manga, decided to just come back to a manga you've dropped and talk about how fucking garbage it was without knowing the plot because BY YOUR OWN FUCKING WORDS YOU DIDN'T READ IT and... You expect to be taken seriously by myself or anyone else?

...M'kay...

I had a longer comment here, but... there is no point.

You're god damn right about that.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Practice your stand-up routine elsewhere.

...I'm sorry, did you think this was "Hime-chan and Yano - The Manga"? Because Sumika has been part of the main cast since the FIRST FUCKING CHAPTER and Kanako since Chapter 2.

Oh my sweet fuck, are you fucking with me? You're fucking with me, right? ...Please tell me you're just fucking with me. Please, dear god, please.

ze6nHSj.jpg

Now I know what you're going to say before you even said it: "NO! I SAID 'UNNECESSARY' DRAMA!"

...How do you know it's not necessary or not when you clearly don't even understand the mindgames that Goeidou is playing at or how this will end?

See? This is what I'm talking about. You seem to think Goeidou just did this to get her rocks off or something. Even Goeidou herself all but came out and said that wasn't her actual objective. She's meddling and playing mindgames in what in her eyes an attempt to "help" their underlying issues.

...But you didn't see or understand that, even despite the character herself all but admitting that. No. You just saw, "Goeidou. Try rape Kanako. Bad manga is bad."

Goeidou is fucking psychotic. Don't get me wrong. But if you think she was just here to shake up Kanako and try and bed her... Um... No. She's a terrible person in the manga and she's MEANT to be, but she is also trying to address - albeit in her own VERY FUCKED UP METHODS AND WAYS - Kanako's obsession with Hime-chan. And what about Kanako and Sumika? Kanako is dating Sumika, but they both know that Kanako doesn't really like her. But, then again, who showed up to save Kanako? Have you thought about it WHATSOEVER how Kanako is going to react to seeing Sumika generally care about her? Because I guarantee you the mangaka/author has.

I have absolutely no idea what you meant to say with that sentence... But my guess is "what does shonen battle manga have to do with this?". And I'm saying it's more your speed for what you expect from a story.

You don't see how character development drives a character driven story?

...Do... Do you actually know what a character arc is?

No, I know that people don't understand the story. I have evidence right above these sentences of it. Both from you and from MathMols.

Compared to most manga? Yes. It is. It's just complicated from a character and character relationship viewpoint instead. If you just read this chapter, the one we're talking about right now, and actually read through everything Goeidou said and ACTUALLY UNDERSTOOD WHAT SHE WAS DOING AND POTENTIALLY WHY - I don't see how you'd come to the conclusion that this is generic manga writing or anything on the level of most isekai or shonen battle manga. Which is important concerning the next statement you made:

...Which is why you liked and agreed with LilithRaven's comment about how even shonen battle manga is more complex than this manga (which is absolute fucking nonsense garbage, but whatever). You're not being internally consistent with what you're saying and doing.
Holy hell imagine writting a whole fucking novel, trying to defend this series after it became so bad, that it had to try and add rape into it, just to add even more stupid af drama🤣🤣🤣

Dex-chan lover
writting a whole fucking novel

1.) Don't kid yourself. You're incapable of reading a novel.
2.) A paragraph of two for just your comment reply is a novel according to you? ...How fucking sad. For you. (Then again, this is the same person that wrote "And even Dafuq does battle shonen have anything to do with out comments?" and considered that a sentence. So I shouldn't have expected much.)

Dex-chan lover
No but I have now

I must say this is the most unrealistic yuri series I’ve seen to date. Literally the whole school is portrayed as being yuri which is the complete opposite of what an all girls school is like, getting outed as gay in normal girl’s school (or boys for that matter) would see you socially ostracised at best and downright bullied and harassed until your departure at worse. My girlfriend’s not here today perfectly encapsulates this neither the main love interest or the rival wants to show open emotion as that would end very badly for them.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
1.) Don't kid yourself. You're incapable of reading a novel.
2.) A paragraph of two for just your comment reply is a novel according to you? ...How fucking sad. For you. (Then again, this is the same person that wrote "And even Dafuq does battle shonen have anything to do with out comments?" and considered that a sentence. So I shouldn't have expected much.)
Mate, you have some anger issues, go get some help. And by the way you write on the internet, it makes it clear that you have no friends and no one that loves you, how fucking sad it is to be you

Dex-chan lover
Mate, you have some anger issues, go get some help. And by the way you write on the internet, it makes it clear that you have no friends and no one that loves you, how fucking sad it is to be you

Psycho-analyzing people over the internet when you can barely write a sentence on your own. That's rich.

Resident Yuripig
Contributor
Y'know.... That's what's called an ad hominem abusive logical fallacy. You basically ignored what he said and attacked him instead. But I digress.......

Dex-chan lover
Y'know.... That's what's called an ad hominem abusive logical fallacy. You basically ignored what he said and attacked him instead. But I digress.......
I simply answered him back the Way he answered me back🤷🏼‍♂️

"To gaslight someone means to manipulate another person into doubting their own perceptions, experiences or understanding of events, according to the American Psychological Association."
Was Kanoko really beign gaslit?
Yes, Kanoko was really being gaslit. Goeidou was manipulating her into doubting her own beliefs about sex and love and her understanding of her own feelings by simultaneously implying that she already understood the "truth" was different than she was saying while sexually assaulting her and threatening her with more assault if she didn't just "admit" what she already "knew". That is about as textbook as you can get.

...even though I don't think she actually did anything to Kanoko.
She clearly did a lot of things to Kanoko, including detaining her by force, sexual assault, and threatening the same. Even if we assume she walked away as soon as the scene cut away from the hotel room the last time, just what she was depicted doing to Kanoko already counts and was just as damaging as Goeidou completing the rape.

But she was trying to """help""" Kanoko (in an extremely abusive way) to face her true feelings...
I don't know what's going on in Goeidou's twisted mind, but whether she was really trying to help or was just using that as an excuse to feed her desires to manipulate people doesn't actually matter. It's gaslighting even if she thought it would help. It's gaslighting even if she was right about Kanoko. It's how she was going about it that defines it as such.

I must say this is the most unrealistic yuri series I’ve seen to date. Literally the whole school is portrayed as being yuri which is the complete opposite of what an all girls school is like, getting outed as gay in normal girl’s school...
Have you read this manga? The whole school doesn't exist. It's just a fiction used for the cafe theming based upon class S yuri novels, which is a real genre pretty accurately portrayed as such in the manga. How is a theme cafe (also a real thing) basing that theme on an actual genre of fiction make it unrealistic, whether or not the genre itself depicts schools realistically?

This is like complaining that a story about a theater putting together a production of Romeo and Juliet is unrealistic because no one really speaks in iambic pentameter.

Edit: Misunderstood the context. Ignore.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Have you read this manga? The whole school doesn't exist. It's just a fiction used for the cafe theming based upon class S yuri novels, which is a real genre pretty accurately portrayed as such in the manga. How is a theme cafe (also a real thing) basing that theme on an actual genre of fiction make it unrealistic, whether or not the genre itself depicts schools realistically?

This is like complaining that a story about a theater putting together a production of Romeo and Juliet is unrealistic because no one really speaks in iambic pentameter.

I was talking about Snow Thaw & Love Letter not Yuri is My Job, which is a pretty realistic yuri because no one has any clue about relationships. The setting is all about context, in Yuri is My Job the ‘school’ is a make believe fantasy based on a yuri story so you would expect lesbians to be attracted to the work environment. But the school that Snow Thaw & Love Letter is set is marked out as just a regular girls school. Not even a western girls school but a Japanese one and having been to a single sex school I can tell you kids are truly vicious when it comes to minorities. Japan has no enforced anti discrimination laws so frankly i can’t think of a worse nightmare than being in-ordinary in a Japanese school.

i hate kanoko and sumika deserved better but goeidou definitely deserved that 💀

Resident Yuripig
Contributor
Y

YOw how can you attached a image??? Teach me please
Just upload the image somewhere like catbox.moe or imgur or somewhere like that and click the image icon at the top of your message and paste the URL of the actual picture.

Dex-chan lover
LMAO I am imagining that last panel being animated with Roundabout playing with the caption "TO BE CONTINUED"

Users who are viewing this thread