Watashi no Yuri wa Oshigoto desu! - Vol. 12 Ch. 58 - What I Want to Protect

Dex-chan lover
seeing that bitch get punched in the end felt so good

but even still i fucking hate Kanoko now this whole thing is her fault and even still she wanted to act stupid with it

now to wait for next ch and see how things ended in that room with them but again seeing that bitch get punched felt really good cause again for some reason she's obsessed with Sumika maybe also we'll get the reason why for that also next ch

I think this manga's strongest suit is the hormone-fueled raw emotional moments that these flawed characters can provide. So far, this arc kinda feels like when everyone gets a power boost in a battle shounen, because it seems to me that everyone has reached a whole new level of messed up. Now the girls can not only actively engage in kinda scummy behaviour but straight up do crimes, lol.

As for this chapter, IMO either the author just used Goeidou as a mouthpiece and she is 100% right about Kanoko's feelings(the most likely scenario, also sloppy writing), or she's a well-written con woman spouting bs to get herself a piece of Kanoko's non-existent ass, although that would render this entire Goeidou mini-arc pointless. Realistically, any "confession" Kanoko made in this chapter should be null and void, since she was under duress from, well, you know, but either way, i think we can all agree Goeidou's very punchable and i'm looking forward to picking up the pieces next chapter.

Dex-chan lover
1. Nothing probably happened to her in the end
2. When tf are we done with these characters? This manga been so bad, since it Pretty much kicked out the 2 MCs to focus on these insted…
bought a few volumes a while ago. Dropped when it became stupid drama, and felt like being scammed when nothing was happening with mcs. Check it out of curiosity.
Seems i was right to drop

"What are character arcs?"

You people... for fuck's sake, I don't even know what to say when I see shit like this. Even shonen battle manga is often more fucking complicated than what you want to read, apparently.

Dex-chan lover
Now I hope Goeidou move on to Hime because that would be epic. Goeidou hands down is the best character.

Sumika went easy on that bish
if it would've been me, the motherf-er would be on the verge of death by now

Dex-chan lover

You people... for fuck's sake, I don't even know what to say when I see shit like this. Even shonen battle manga is often more fucking complicated than what you want to read, apparently.
No matter what you try to say, since this manga changed focus over to these other characters is been nothing but unnecesary drama (hell now it even tried to take rape into it, even though I still believe nothing happened). And even Dafuq does battle shonen have anything to do with out comments?

Dex-chan lover

You people... for fuck's sake, I don't even know what to say when I see shit like this. Even shonen battle manga is often more fucking complicated than what you want to read,
? Not sure how that answers my point but sure, if thinking that ppl who don't like the story don't understand it makes you happy. Also, even though it doesn't apply to this story, as it's not that complicated, complexity does not mean good, so not sure how that is an argument for anything.

Dex-chan lover
(post right above)
>hurr durr. I don't like this manga and I spent time I could be doing something else just to make a comment saying I don't like it....

sugoi monogatari, aniki.

I hated this manga the first time I saw it but at the beginning of the season after it was featured on the front page I figured I’d give it another go and while I still hate the first arc and haven’t bothered with the anime, I really do love this current arch. I hope Goeidou never leaves it.

Dex-chan lover
yes it does, battle shonen has more complex and better written drama that this manga

Practice your stand-up routine elsewhere.

No matter what you try to say, since this manga changed focus over to these other characters

...I'm sorry, did you think this was "Hime-chan and Yano - The Manga"? Because Sumika has been part of the main cast since the FIRST FUCKING CHAPTER and Kanako since Chapter 2.

is been nothing but unnecesary drama

Oh my sweet fuck, are you fucking with me? You're fucking with me, right? ...Please tell me you're just fucking with me. Please, dear god, please.

ze6nHSj.jpg

Now I know what you're going to say before you even said it: "NO! I SAID 'UNNECESSARY' DRAMA!"

...How do you know it's not necessary or not when you clearly don't even understand the mindgames that Goeidou is playing at or how this will end?

(hell now it even tried to take rape into it, even though I still believe nothing happened).

See? This is what I'm talking about. You seem to think Goeidou just did this to get her rocks off or something. Even Goeidou herself all but came out and said that wasn't her actual objective. She's meddling and playing mindgames in what in her eyes an attempt to "help" their underlying issues.

...But you didn't see or understand that, even despite the character herself all but admitting that. No. You just saw, "Goeidou. Try rape Kanako. Bad manga is bad."

Goeidou is fucking psychotic. Don't get me wrong. But if you think she was just here to shake up Kanako and try and bed her... Um... No. She's a terrible person in the manga and she's MEANT to be, but she is also trying to address - albeit in her own VERY FUCKED UP METHODS AND WAYS - Kanako's obsession with Hime-chan. And what about Kanako and Sumika? Kanako is dating Sumika, but they both know that Kanako doesn't really like her. But, then again, who showed up to save Kanako? Have you thought about it WHATSOEVER how Kanako is going to react to seeing Sumika generally care about her? Because I guarantee you the mangaka/author has.

And even Dafuq does battle shonen have anything to do with out comments?

I have absolutely no idea what you meant to say with that sentence... But my guess is "what does shonen battle manga have to do with this?". And I'm saying it's more your speed for what you expect from a story.

? Not sure how that answers my point but sure

You don't see how character development drives a character driven story?

...Do... Do you actually know what a character arc is?

if thinking that ppl who don't like the story don't understand it makes you happy.

No, I know that people don't understand the story. I have evidence right above these sentences of it. Both from you and from MathMols.

Also, even though it doesn't apply to this story, as it's not that complicated

Compared to most manga? Yes. It is. It's just complicated from a character and character relationship viewpoint instead. If you just read this chapter, the one we're talking about right now, and actually read through everything Goeidou said and ACTUALLY UNDERSTOOD WHAT SHE WAS DOING AND POTENTIALLY WHY - I don't see how you'd come to the conclusion that this is generic manga writing or anything on the level of most isekai or shonen battle manga. Which is important concerning the next statement you made:

complexity does not mean good, so not sure how that is an argument for anything.

...Which is why you liked and agreed with LilithRaven's comment about how even shonen battle manga is more complex than this manga (which is absolute fucking nonsense garbage, but whatever). You're not being internally consistent with what you're saying and doing.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
wah wah wah
The reason why I'm not referring to this as complicated, is because this manga is literally trope-the manga, with half of the characters getting into worse shit because they are stupid in this annoying "I'm doing something stupid but for love/self-sacrifice" way, + being unable to communicate and overthink everything. All of the drama is caused by characters being morons (even if story tries to explain them). And yes, everyone acts like moron sometimes- but if it happens constantly, at some point, it makes sense that we as readers stop caring and think to ourselves that they, well not necessary deserve that, but need to just stop whatever they are doing and spend a year in therapy, away from romance and other people.

I had a longer comment here, but... there is no point.
You obviously love this shit, which is fine, and I just came here to laugh a bit after checking out the comic after dropping it a while ago, only coming back to respond to your comments after getting a notification. And maybe you are right, maybe the story did get better after volume 6 which I think was the last one I bought and I just missed the deep writing in between.
And to your "BUT DRAMA TAG" post -> to me it feelt as if it skipped from being fun-light-drama yuri, as you would expect from a story with this premise, into venezuelan soap-opera drama, that runs for 40 seasons, until the hot main actor dies of coke overdose.

Users who are viewing this thread