Watashitachi wa Moto Joshi desu

Dex-chan lover
The thing is (and I'm sure I will piss-off many just for mentioning this) experiments and researches have been done in regards to what physically, biologically and anatomically speaking make people have different sexual preferences. And it has been shown that there are actual elements that influence that, specifically in the brain.

So the MC changing her sexual preferences "just" because her body changed is actually very logical, her memories remain but the structure of her body (including the brain) is now different. She could still harbor romantical feelings for her original crush due to her memory and conscious, but her new body is now introducing the fact that now she is sexually aroused by women.
and even if her brain didn't change, for many reasons women usually don't have to deal as much as us with having to hide when they are aroused because it is normally not as obvious. So we could even say that it's not that she suddenly likes women, but that now she found out she was ALSO into women.

The thing is (and I'm sure I will piss-off many just for mentioning this) experiments and researches have been done in regards to what physically, biologically and anatomically speaking make people have different sexual preferences. And it has been shown that there are actual elements that influence that, specifically in the brain.

So the MC changing her sexual preferences "just" because her body changed is actually very logical, her memories remain but the structure of her body (including the brain) is now different. She could still harbor romantical feelings for her original crush due to her memory and conscious, but her new body is now introducing the fact that now she is sexually aroused by women.
it also rubbed me weirdly at first, but like they literally said that "it'll wear off in a week", and your general sexual preference tends to last longer than a week LOL

it also rubbed me weirdly at first, but like they literally said that "it'll wear off in a week", and your general sexual preference tends to last longer than a week LOL
I think the doctor was referring to an initial flood of hormones that initially occured once she gained a male organ. The body usually reacts fairly well to exposure to hormones. So after the week of the body self-regulating itself she should be back to liking men or continue to like women.

Basically the sex-change flooded her brain with male hormones that need time to filter out.

In all honesty, I found it uncomfortable to read. Maybe 'cause I'm a guy that's been raised in a pretty Christian household, but I dunno. I am in a way trying to be more accepting of LGBT communities (not that I hated them, I just avoided them at all costs) so please send me some interesting manga about perhaps the acceptance part of coming out.
And I beg of you don't send me random yuri/yao romcoms
Seen that, been there
I'm not part of LGBT, disliked yaoi stuff (because of how unrealistic characters seemed to me in popular yaoi works) but i found some LGBT stories to be very rewarding, and now I'm happy to enjoy them if well written.
I didn't like Wandering Son because the story dragged on for me, but Shimanami Tasogare was very good.

The same research and real-life experiences also noted that physically, biologically, and anatomically people have the same sexual preferences after changing genders. There are FTM and MTF who end up being gay and liking the same sex. So having a new body and still liking men is 100% possible. It is hormones and other factors, such as preference, experiences, etc.

Dex-chan lover
The same research and real-life experiences also noted that physically, biologically, and anatomically people have the same sexual preferences after changing genders. There are FTM and MTF who end up being gay and liking the same sex. So having a new body and still liking men is 100% possible. It is hormones and other factors, such as preference, experiences, etc.
in real life we can at most only have surgeries to have pretend sexual organs, we can't actually change how our bodies work to that level, because it's brain level. In this manga she is actually truly changing everything about her body.

Dex-chan lover

If that's the case then why are most trans women lesbians, and trans men homosexuals. It's not the body that dictates sexuality, it's straight up just a correlation with sex at birth. If there was a way to change someone's sexuality then homophobes would've found it by now, but since not even growing body tissue using different hormone balances works, nothing will.

Dex-chan lover
If that's the case then why are most trans women lesbians, and trans men homosexuals. It's not the body that dictates sexuality, it's straight up just a correlation with sex at birth. If there was a way to change someone's sexuality then homophobes would've found it by now, but since not even growing body tissue using different hormone balances works, nothing will.
because they might have been born with certain organs and hormones, but their brains are different from those that are straight. From birth they were already destined to be what they are.

Group Leader
the reason that the things happen the way they do in this manga is because the mangaka says so, and also because you're reading a manga with "sudden onset sex changing disorder" as its premise.

Dex-chan lover
because they might have been born with certain organs and hormones, but their brains are different from those that are straight. From birth they were already destined to be what they are.
That was my point, yes, so their change of sex shouldn't affect their sexuality.

Dex-chan lover
That was my point, yes, so their change of sex shouldn't affect their sexuality.
Of people in the real world. In this manga, as far as we know she didn't just change her sexual organs, but her body (all of it, maybe even the brain) is that of a straight (maybe bisexual) man. Because what dictates your sexuality is the brain.

Dex-chan lover
I think the doctor was referring to an initial flood of hormones that initially occured once she gained a male organ. The body usually reacts fairly well to exposure to hormones. So after the week of the body self-regulating itself she should be back to liking men or continue to like women.

Basically the sex-change flooded her brain with male hormones that need time to filter out.
i feel like she'll just slowly become attracted to women, while slowly thinking of the crush as just a friend. even if she can go back to being a girl again, unless they can entirely reverse it, i think she'll just end up liking girls

Dex-chan lover
I think this might be the first ftm story I've seen. Mtf is so fetishized that finally seeing something different has caught my attention, it just seems a lot of complaints here in the comments?

Group Leader
I think this might be the first ftm story I've seen. Mtf is so fetishized that finally seeing something different has caught my attention, it just seems a lot of complaints here in the comments?
I was pretty confused by that myself... Gender bender is a classic trope that's been in a billion manga, both as one-offs chapters and premises for entire series, so it's weird seeing people pick this one apart so hard and argue over whether or not MC should be getting boners from her friends. Is this the power of "current year"?

I was pretty confused by that myself... Gender bender is a classic trope that's been in a billion manga, both as one-offs chapters and premises for entire series, so it's weird seeing people pick this one apart so hard and argue over whether or not MC should be getting boners from her friends. Is this the power of "current year"?
Ah yes, people discussing gender bender lore and physiology on the internet, arguing even - Truly never happened before. Certainly not on the 4chan a couple of hundreds times before, i'm sure it's a current year!

Users who are viewing this thread