Watashitachi wa Moto Joshi desu

In a good way, or a bad way? I thought it was harsh what the mother said, but in my mind it seemed trans postive? I'd love to hear your thoughts.
It sounded like terf shit at first to me, but she did clarify her position to be something I'd agree with. I hope our protag does continue wanting to be a girl though, it's an interesting inversion of the typical arc of these manga.

If that's the case then why are most trans women lesbians, and trans men homosexuals. It's not the body that dictates sexuality, it's straight up just a correlation with sex at birth. If there was a way to change someone's sexuality then homophobes would've found it by now, but since not even growing body tissue using different hormone balances works, nothing will.
That isnt true. It's that the rate of bisexuality is massively greater amongst trans people. So it very much isn't a correlation with sex at birth, the proportions are way off.
Hormones absolutely can change your sexual preferences, completely aside from how being trans kinda liberates you from a lot of gendered preconceptions. It did for me and many others. Sexuality is pretty complicated.

Group Leader
It sounded like terf shit at first to me, but she did clarify her position to be something I'd agree with. I hope our protag does continue wanting to be a girl though, it's an interesting inversion of the typical arc of these manga.
Thanks for your input. I have to say I was really clenching my teeth like "uhhhh uh oh" til the mother clarified her position lol.
I don't read this genre generally, so I don't know how these stories normally go, but this seems like a pretty intense look at the "gender bender" trope.

Dex-chan lover
The same research and real-life experiences also noted that physically, biologically, and anatomically people have the same sexual preferences after changing genders. There are FTM and MTF who end up being gay and liking the same sex. So having a new body and still liking men is 100% possible. It is hormones and other factors, such as preference, experiences, etc.
You cannot change sex in real life. Injecting hormones and applying cosmetic surgery is not the same thing as magically changing sex overnight down to your genome and growing a new set of privates. IRL nothing is done to your brain, where as here that has also undergone changes.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread