Welcome to the site! (MangaRock refugee thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, I might be doomed. My manga count in my favorites list on MangaRock is 940, and now I'm trying to migrate them all like a hoarder moving houses. I've already taken pictures of all the manga in my favorites list so I can add them to my reading list here.

Luckily, this place has categories of Reading, On Hold, Plan to Read, Dropped, Finished, so I'm able to trim down and sort through my list like having a "Throw Away Box" and a "Keep Box". Also luckily enough, I've been reading from here ever since I subscribed to r/manga on Reddit, so I should be accustomed enough.

But man, I'm probably going to miss MangaRock. It was the first app I downloaded when I got my iPad, and I practically quit playing games like Warframe just to read manga.

Well, things come and go. Looks like I'm gonna have to spend my weekends manually finding my near thousand count of manga. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Supporter
I used MangaRock for a tiny bit, but after running into MangaDex a while back, I abandoned MangaRock sooooo fast.

Dex-chan lover
@vergift
Glad I was able to be of help

@Gigz
You should go and create an account on MyAnimeList, download the MAL-Sync extension, and let it update your list automatically whenever you watch a new episode/read a new chapter.
Makes your life incredibly easier.

@Xaelath Technically speaking, if they were to actually secure the licensing rights from a Japanese publisher, they could legally use scanlation scripts, since they are unlicensed adaptations.

@eins I would assume it was a combination of charging a subscription fee, putting an app on the Play/App Stores making it seem "legitimate" and intentionally hiding it from the Japan region to mask their presence.

Contributor
Why would anyone want these dumb kids here? They just move on to next scraper that rips MS, JB and official's releases on initial day. Since all they need are generic battle mangas.

Miku best girl
Admin
@Aereus

Actually, legally speaking, even though scanlators do not have the right to produce the translated works, but once they have been (unlawfully) produced, they do have (limited) rights over it, because the translated text is (legally speaking) their own work. So a company (eg MR) can't just buy the licensing rights from Japan and then immediately legally use the scanlations. They would have get the scanlators to give them (or sell them) the rights to the translated text.

@Catgirl9696

MangaDex also serves as an archive, so if you do find some ancient scanlation that hasn't been uploaded, feel free to upload it yourself or come on discord and ask our power uploaders or mods to upload it.

Everyone else, welcome to the site! The volume of signs ups caused issues with outgoing emails earlier, but the issue is now resolved.

Dex-chan lover
@Aereus
I had some much doubt on them doing that because they're calling out "Scanlation" , and said they have no idea it was Illegal.

Also charging people money for subscriptions and advertisements.
Very nice.

Instead of a app could there be any chance of a better feature to indicate that a chapter has been read, i read so many things and have a hard time keeping up with what chapters in on. Also i said "better feature" because there is one but it requires you to manually type in the chapters and volumes yourself and a automatic feature would be nice. Don't get me wrong with the money hungry Mangarock just dying im happy to have a place to read at all, thank you for having such a nice site.

I'm one of the many MangaRock refugees! Thanks for the thread, helped me out a bunch. So far, it looks like MangaDex is better than MangaRock in quite a few ways lol, including the fact that MangaRock was apparently a lot more 'run by terrible people' than I was aware... Now back to trying to find all the manga I was reading previously... (I mean, it's under 200 luckily, as I'm a filthy casual :p)

im kinda confused because i seached up mangadex and got mangadex.top which is a different website, and now im here so... uh... which is the real one?
also thank god there is an alt to mangawreck, because i was actually contemplating spending cash to continue reading manga.

Miku best girl
Admin
.top is fake. Other ad infested aggs are trying to cash in on our popularity.

We only own .org com and dev

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread