Welcome to the site! (MangaRock refugee thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbh I used both MangaDex and MangaRock, and I have to say I'm worried about older series that aren't being scanlated into english anymore/currently... not to mention lesser known series. I mean if Tezuka's Dororo or Shirow's Appleseed can't get an English translation on here what hope does an older, small-circulation manga have?

There were also titles on here that I favorited on MangaRock because they updated more regularly/reliably over there. But that's a normal site difference and hopefully it will balance out in MangaRock's absence.

is a Reindeer
VIP
@Catgirl9696 Scanlation is a hobby done by people such as yourselves, to work on series they enjoy to share with other people who can't read the language. There's more series to be translated than there are actual scanlators so it's not uncommon for things to go unnoticed. The best thing you can do to try and get your series translated is to get involved with scanlation, and maybe eventually you'll find enough people to help out to do the series you want :>

This goes for anyone reading this who also wants to see a series translated. May not be viable for many, but this is how scanlation has survived.

Dex-chan lover
Throwback to @Kurokurori's godly edit
m11.jpg

Genuinely asking, if a certain manga aggregator (illegal) has mobile app, regardless its availability on playstore or whatever it is, does it significantly increase the probability nips gov will be taking action to shut down the illegal manga aggregator?

Dex-chan lover
I was primary using MR before, but found my self using Mangadex more and more and now I use MDX 100%

Group Leader
@plsnobully Ah that's not me, that's Asther's work... but yeah, we were so pissed at that time. Need to make it clear that we're not hating the readers who used Mangarock or such, it's just... what the staffs were doing.

Dex-chan lover
@Kurokurori yeah they had it coming, stealing people's work and acting like they are an official source like Viz, then even monetizing it

is a Reindeer
VIP
@Khaos hi new im ply

@toolongdidntread Your name is beautiful. They got called out on Twitter by the Japanese for profiting wildly off of Japanese authors and their response was to say they're going official and shutting MangaRock down and they feel bad for making money off them.

Group Leader
4. Does MangaDex have an app?
No, but the reader works fine if not better on mobile.
The reader works great on mobile, but being a web app, it lacks true offline support. Not ideal if you want to read manga on the subway or some other place that you're not going to have connectivity.

is a Reindeer
VIP
@Guspaz Progressive web apps excel at offline support. But we aren't at that stage of development, this is just a website right now.

An example (try using the pokedex site): https://developers.google.com/web/fundamentals/instant-and-offline/web-storage/offline-for-pwa

Dex-chan lover
1st : welcome to the best site mangadex , new users who were ex-users of manga-c0ck , lol , a piracy , stealing website which is filled with dangerous ads . and i never used manga-c0ck , kiss-a$$-manga , manga-fux , etc , etc , before .

edited : in this post , i also asked about suddenly disappeared hentai chapters . it turns out that the reason is : my settings was turned back to the default settings after i deleted my firefox history a few days ago , so all the hentai chapters were hidden again .

i feel so silly now , lol . no more problems now , thank you , @Plykiya .

Welcome refugees, hope you find this place accommodating enough 😊 ~
Also for those requesting for a mobile app, give Tachiyomi a shot.
Granted the MD extension doesn't work as you'd expect, but it still fares decently and you also
have the option to save chapters offline and other neat features. Also go through the official tutorial manga
mentioned in the first page to get familiar with the site and the reader in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread