Welcome to the site! (MangaRock refugee thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dex-chan lover
To all the noobs here, do yourselves a favor and use the dark theme instead of the horrendous eye-draining light one.

@kuma yeah I already fixed the filter, also i read that they tried to show only the update for the filtered language but crashed the server :( I would really like a MangaRock-like interface for the updates, but for now MangaDex is more than enough, thanks :)

I'm migrating to tachiyomi.
It seems to be a small step down from mangarock,but has tons more sources than mangarock.

IMO, the abyss theme is blissful,whereas the dark theme is useable.

Fed-Kun's army
Welcome to MangaDex. Found this site years ago but signed up later. O fell in love with the design and I hope u will too 😊

Already transferred all my bookmarks to Tachiyoimi. Now, I use MangaDex with Tachiyomi, you just have to open any manga in web view and sign in once. For those titles that are not present in MangaDex, I suggest Manganelo or Mangapark.

I know it was briefly mentioned in the original post but since apparently a lot of users who were already using MangaDex still aren’t aware of it, just a reminder that you can customize your settings for a better reading experience! (Pages sizes, directions, hide and visible options, etc)

Found out recently that this was the main reason why some users stayed away, but they just didn’t know

Double-page supporter
I also recommend using the legacy reader if you prefer a simpler reading experience(I tend to click my mouse accidentally a lot while reading, and in legacy, there is no sidebar to pop-up)! And yeah dark mode is the best.

@Plykiya

I was more talking about series that were already scanlated just not uploaded on here.

You say you accept uploads from the scanlation team and that they can take it down anytime, which I think *is* fair. But if the scanlation was completed years, maybe decades, ago and the old scanlation team have gone their separate ways who can upload it then? Who can remove it? Should a new scanlation be done entirely? What if you can't get a good condition copy of the original to scanlate?

I cited those series not because I wanted to read them someday but because I had already read them on other sites including MangaRock.

I'm someone who has found new and old series by just stumbling onto something or having it reccomended to me and giving it a try. But part of what enabled me to read "classics" and other older series was the fact that the old scanlations were well shared online even if official translations weren't available anymore.

I want others to be able to stumble on to older series the same way. Seeing a modern adaptation or a movie or finding a favored mangaka's earlier work or hearing from someone else that you just have to read this even if its from 40 years ago.

If well known older series that were scanlated years ago aren't even on here then how will series that never got popular, that were scanlated once years ago by people who loved them, and have just been passed around site to site find their way onto this site?

Its not an out and out criticism as I said every site has its way of doing things and that's fair. These aren't even questions that need direct answering. I just don't want good things to be lost for good. Even if I haven't read them!

is a Reindeer
VIP
@Catgirl9696 >who can upload it then?
Anyone is free to upload anything. Groups can claim and lock their groups to prevent people from uploading, and they can also remove uploads credited to their group. Some groups have different levels of comfort with it than others. Most are fine just leaving their groups unlocked.

>Who can remove it?
The group themselves, assuming they're still active.

>how will series that never got popular find their way onto this site?
Hope that the series is archived on any of the popular torrent sites or any other manga aggregator and someone will upload it eventually. There are definitely some series that are lost to time because they were never spread and died with the group. It's pretty rare for that to happen though. We have the same feelings as you about not wanting to let content be lost forever.

>Be me
>Pay the $5 for lifetime premium (2010-2012)
>2019 comes around
>Mangarock pushes subscription, updates don't appear, app is a mess
>Miss the flow of manga, having to catch up on tons of updates
>Get a notification that they are shutting down
>FML.jpeg
>This is FAKKU all over again
You had one job manga rock...

Welp, thank you for the welcome MangaDex

First of all, welcome!

Then, go to the next unrelated topic.
I find it is disturbing with how you answer your own questions.

In my English lesson, if ny questions are started with "Is, Are, A, Do, Does"
You will answer it with "Yes, ...." or "No, ..."

Just saying XD

Glad found this site after that mass exodus event.. Darn why idk their evil plan yet, their attempt to going green area really funny. What a nice drama-comedy..

Dex-chan lover
@Arcverson Thanks man for the tip, it ease my eyes, a bit...

I just browse the news about MangaRock shutting down, and it's true. Their apps has been removed this week from the Store and their site will shut down later in the next week. After shutting down, they will migrate their content to MRComics.com and make it a "legal" site. So, it's likely you have to pay to see the content they provide, which it officially come from the author and publisher.

I wonder, how they will make the profit out of it. Making some cooperative contract with multiple authors and publishers isn't that cheap either. 😅

But, you know....the sad things from MangaRock for me is...I will lose my monthly dose of Goblin Slayer. 😥

Well, anyway, welcome MangaRock refugee and may you enjoy your stay here. Please be a good boy and girl by following the rules here~😁

I was like well f*** when i saw that notification manga rock but i just marked most my favorites and i guess ill be reading here now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread