What Do You Call This Trash - Vol. 2 Ch. 30

Group Leader
Hello! It's your final dose of extra notes for this series.
  • (p. 2) It's said that babies become shy after around 6 months of age. Judging by the hair growth on this baby, it's probably close to 6 months old. Judging by the hair length of the baby at this age, the baby is probably male. However, I didn't want to take my chances and ended up using singular 'they'. "Natsu" is apparently a unisex name (though I've met more men with that name than women), so I can't tell for sure. But the most cruel part of this is naming your child "Konatsu Natsu".
  • (p. 5) Kamijo is the author mentioned by Class President Takigawa back in Ch. 8, p. 4. These two lovebirds are both Kamijo fans.
  • (p. 8) This clears up the air surrounding who is "Enmi" from Ch. 16, p. 5. The only clue at the time was the "round glasses" avatar. This also implies that she very well knew what Yuuto was going through when she noticed Yuuto feeling down in Ch. 23, p. 9. We still don't know the reading for her last name, though, as it never carried furigana back in Ch. 4, p. 2.
  • (p. 8) Akira says something a bit poetic here. "Mask" is here is (obviously) figurative; it refers to one's demeanor outside of their "true self".
  • (p. 8) Mentaiko is "pollock roe", the roe of the Alaskan pollock (a fish). It's a relatively common ingredient and/or side dish in Japanese cuisine.
  • (p. 8) Since gyoza was mentioned, I think it's worth noting that Tetsukazu is a serial gyoza fan. Here's an iconic tweet that they once made: "I'm a mangaka who loves gyoza and I usually eat [a piece of] gyoza every time I finish a draft that by the time I'm done writing, my brain has turned into gyoza." One of their most banger tweets.
  • (p. 8) There's a fuckton of Japanese text on the wall here, but I'm not translating that. All you have to know is that it's a menu, and the prices of the food are written at the bottom. Some diners opt to write this in calligraphy, and also write the numbers in kanji rather than Hindu-Arabic form.
This is the first series I've ever scanlated, and I've come a long way and learned a lot of things since day 1 when I worked on Ch. 1 in a dimly-lit dorm room. I'm very proud to have carried this series from start to finish. Thank you very much for your readership. Please buy the two volumes when they become available! I'll make a post on the forum thread for this series when that happens.

That's all from me for now. Again, thank you all so much. See you around!

Users who are viewing this thread