Where were you reading manga before you discovered MangaDex?

KM was the most convenient one and was using that...Then they fucked the site up, badly... Mangadex is a godsend so far other than lacking certain manhwa titles... And i hope it will stay that way ^_^

I followed some scanlator sites for downloads or used KM. Used to have an app for a while, but it didn't got a large section.

Group Leader
I used scanlator sites before knowing that MD existed. If it wasn't by downloading from them, it was Mangakakalot's fault.

I used to read in mangatown. it has a nice design and easy way to follow manga. but now i read here and in tachiyomi.

Aggregator gang
Back in the days, I used scanlators websites, but then I started to use apps in my smartphone due to lack of time. After many years, Im now used to apps but since you guys started I started to use this website and also visit some scanlators sites again.

I read from Mangabat.com
Because i love to read it with long page
And fast rendering

Sometimes in mangadex, i feel it slower to load page

Now, i am using mangadex
It's more update and have a real connection with scanlator

Kissmanga while using mangaripper, read with mcomix offline. Sometimes mangakakalot online if I’m feeling fruity. However, reading on mangadex makes me feel good inside. The extensive options allow me to attain such smoothness even on mobile. I may forsake my mangabird app as well..,;’

Group Leader
For me it started by using the aggregate site related to the anime site I was using. One day I searched for another site which wasn't as bloated and switched to taadd because it had a good mobile interface. Later I noticed just how badly the images were compressed and switched to MangaHasu. After a while I decided to go to batoto, however that was just before it would shutdown. I then collected as many RSS feeds from the scanlator sites as I could in order to stay updated. A bit later one of them started uploading to mangadex, so here I am.

I used to read manga on Kissmanga, but they crossed the line by their ads and bolcking ad-blockers policies. MangaDex is way better. Thanks for this great site and Keep the good work.

I used to read manga on Kissmanga, but they crossed the line by their ads and bolcking ad-blockers policies. MangaDex is way better. Thanks for this great site and Keep the good work.

Mangakalot/manganelo (it’s the same site (I think)) well they didn’t upload some pages and stuff so I just stopped using it

Group Leader
Used Mangakalot to read mangas before came here, was not a pleasant experience since the site would just random log out your account randomly most of the time and it's a pain to log in just to check updates for the stuff i was following.

Found this site through the r/manga, always see people post chapters with this site so gave it a try.

readmanga.ru mangachan.me the first one began to include the pay-read model, the second one was not very convenient, although the translators paid more attention to it.
Good thing I found this site in search of continuation, the desire to know 'what next?' allows me to learn English better, even if it’s still a google translate for commenting.

Group Leader
I had to pick other because I use/used a bunch of different ones.
I started with the "dodgy aggregrator" mangafox (before the crap storm it became), then the app Mangazone (it's crap now), Batoto (but reading on a mobile was not fun at all, plus I only found it right before it died), Scanlator sites, Official sites (Webtoon mostly, for English ones) and Mangago(sketchy AF but they have lists)
PS, everything uploaded here ends up there in under 5 minutes.

is a Reindeer
VIP
@Anamee It's unfortunate but there's not much we can do to stop the auto-scraping. If there was an easy way, those aggregators wouldn't still be around. Getting the word out and providing a service better than them is the best we can do

Fed-Kun's army
mangakakakot or mangapark, sometimes LHscans or trueneko. Kissmanga banned my ip and mangahere or mangafox’s pictures loading is kinda meh.

Users who are viewing this thread