Whisper Me a Love Song - Ch. 41 - My Feelings and The Final Challenge.

Dex-chan lover
It's not so much about the crush as it is about the grave. She's not acting this way just because of a crush.
No, but I think it is though, her serious attitude towards music came from the grave (ch 42) but she's blocking people off because of the rejection
image.png

Ch 33 p33

prior to rejection wasn't like she was blocking people off it was just that ppl didn't like her for her serious attitude
a7354e18-04a8-4092-b57c-95c561c80692.png

ch 33 p13

I found for what kind of position she's in (even if you could argue it's her own fault) to still be a high schooler i hope the best for. As i said, the stuff she went through would turn plenty people into a mess, especially a now JK. People mainly complaining about the drama though and how they dislike it.
Which why I said it wasn't explained well enough. Drama like this isn't enjoyable to read. Take My Girlfriend's Not Here Today as an example, it works 'cuss all the characters are all unlikable. Unlike what's happening rn where it's just Shiho who is unlikeable. It would've been better if Shiho had a chapter centered on her as a character not to fule in the drama or anything that'll make her more likable as a character

Also I think most people are complaining bcs of how dragged out this arc was... it was so obvious Shiho was in love with Aki. Making all the build up chapters feeling like lack luster or dare I say useless. Don't get me wrong I love slow burn but this just wasn't down well..

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
No, but I think it is though, her serious attitude towards music came from the grave (ch 42) but she's blocking people off because of the rejection
image.png

Ch 33 p33

prior to rejection wasn't like she was blocking people off it was just that ppl didn't like her for her serious attitude

ch 33 p13

Which why I said it wasn't explained well enough. Drama like this isn't enjoyable to read. Take My Girlfriend's Not Here Today as an example, it works 'cuss all the characters are all unlikable. Unlike what's happening rn where it's just Shiho who is unlikeable. It would've been better if Shiho had a chapter centered on her as a character not to fule in the drama or anything that'll make her more likable as a character

Also I think most people are complaining bcs of how dragged out this arc was... it was so obvious Shiho was in love with Aki. Making all the build up chapters feeling like lack luster or dare I say useless. Don't get me wrong I love slow burn but this just wasn't down well..
To keep things short: it's a combination of both. As I said, it's not just one issue. It's multiple issues that compound onto each other. She was not "fine" before the rejection. That was superficial. The rejection just triggered the inevitable. I guess if you read her as fine before the rejection, then maybe what happened after will come as a surprise (and maybe helps explain some of the differences in opinion on Shiho) but I never got that idea from her and I don't think the story intended for that.

Last edited:
Banned
image.png

Ch 33 p33

ch 33 p13

I thought both my posts you replied to made it apparent that to me it was made clear enough what kind of character the author tried to depict. I also don't like drama in my yuri anymore, i had my fill with all the 90s and 00s drama/tragedy yuris but eh, this is still fine. I do understand people that think this drama overstayed their welcome, but i think anyone that calls Shiho a bitch or worse should ask themselves some uncomfortable questions regarding their own personality.

Dex-chan lover
To keep things short: it's a combination of both. As I said, it's not just one issue. It's multiple issues that compound onto each other. She was not "fine" before the rejection. That was superficial. The rejection just triggered the inevitable. I guess if you read her as fine before the rejection, then maybe what happened after will come as a surprise (and maybe helps explain some of the differences in opinion on Shiho) but I never got that idea from her and I don't think the story intended for that.
No but she was fine though. I don't think the rejection triggered anything lol. I mean she was like 99% fine and working like a normal human should. Look at ch 34, u could see she was sad in some parts but later on she feels better.
724a6a47-347f-4b9c-9c67-664cdfeb1735.png

Doesn't she seem fine to you??? Sure she's talking to a grave but how can someone not fine smile so warmly like that :D

I thought both my posts you replied to made it apparent that to me it was made clear enough what kind of character the author tried to depict. I also don't like drama in my yuri anymore, i had my fill with all the 90s and 00s drama/tragedy yuris but eh, this is still fine. I do understand people that think this drama overstayed their welcome, but i think anyone that calls Shiho a bitch or worse should ask themselves some uncomfortable questions regarding their own personality.
Yes it was clear that's why i said it wasn't explained well enough, author tried and failed. But I think we can reach an agreement on any1 that calls Shiho's a btch or worse should ask themselves some uncomfortable questions regarding their own personality.

Dex-chan lover
No but she was fine though. I don't think the rejection triggered anything lol. I mean she was like 99% fine and working like a normal human should. Look at ch 34, u could see she was sad in some parts but later on she feels better.
724a6a47-347f-4b9c-9c67-664cdfeb1735.png

Doesn't she seem fine to you??? Sure she's talking to a grave but how can someone not fine smile so warmly like that :D

Yes it was clear that's why i said it wasn't explained well enough, author tried and failed. But I think we can reach an agreement on any1 that calls Shiho's a btch or worse should ask themselves some uncomfortable questions regarding their own personality.
How can someone who is not fine smile so warmly? I don't think you've been around depressed people (or maybe not enough of them). Smiling doesn't mean anything and doesn't imply that she's fine. She still has hangups from that situation, it really is irrelevant whether she smiles sometimes. But I don't think we're at the point of changing anyone's mind so it's mute. We'll just have to agree to disagree and we'll have these two camps forever.

Last edited:
Supporter
I am so loving this manga, I love that we get so much from this manga. Marks of an excellent story is the developement of all its characters. I am so hoping for Aki and Shiho. Nice cliff hanger. Thanks so much for all the hard work in translating and bringing this chapter to all of us

Dex-chan lover
How can someone who is not fine smile so warmly? I don't think you've been around depressed people (or maybe not enough of them). Smiling doesn't mean anything and doesn't imply that she's fine. She still has hangups from that situation, it really is irrelevant whether she smiles sometimes. But I don't think we're at the point of changing anyone's mind so it's mute. We'll just have to agree to disagree and we'll have these two camps forever.
You're implying that Shiho is/was depressed and that's where I dont agree. You say she still has hangups from the situation but I've never seen the hangups nor have u shown anything to support ur statement.

My bad on the smiling part, ig it wasn't the best way to prove my point. My point was Shiho was not depressed. It feels like ur overestimating Shiho's and Kyou's relationship. To Shiho Kyou was nothing more than an acquaintance or a rival. I mean she was even relived that Kyou died to some extent (ch 34)
image.png
image.png

I don't mind changing my mind. But you have nothing to support your statements. If you really don't want to see things as is or give support to any of your statements then, we'll just have to agree to disagree and we'll have these two camps forever.

Shiho might not be relatable for most, but this is what a broken heart and a dead friend you admired does to you. She has a lot of complicated feelings inside her and if you do, you don't usually have much time to process and think about others peoples feelings or standings. Shiho also doesn't really live her life for herself and keeps being obsessed with the idea to live on for her past friend. She is in a dark place mentally for years, i hope Akki can save her. I would be interested to see the Shiho haters in her shoes, they would do way worse.

Also it seems that Akki finally understood her feelings of "best friends past love" to Yori. Also in one of the best ways possible. Sometimes simple works best. Hopefully it's as i think and we get a very good healing chapter for Shiho next.
I agree, Shiho's character has been written beautifully. At first, I thought she was a random character just to cause drama, but I'm really invested in this arc. The buildup to her character is good, I don't really get why they're hating on her so much.

Dex-chan lover
You're implying that Shiho is/was depressed and that's where I dont agree. You say she still has hangups from the situation but I've never seen the hangups nor have u shown anything to support ur statement.

My bad on the smiling part, ig it wasn't the best way to prove my point. My point was Shiho was not depressed. It feels like ur overestimating Shiho's and Kyou's relationship. To Shiho Kyou was nothing more than an acquaintance or a rival. I mean she was even relived that Kyou died to some extent (ch 34)
I interpret Chapter 34 in a completely different way. Kyou was definitely the most important person in her life before she met Aki. Shiho was simply using defense mechanisms (as is her habit) so she wouldn't have to deal with the pain of her death. If Kyou really had been just an acquaintance to her, she wouldn't have gone almost every day to the grave to talk to her and tell her about her life, nor would she have formed a band along with Momoka and Hajime to keep her memory alive when she wanted to quit music altogether at that moment.

I even believe that the reason why she chose to play the guitar was to stay "connected" with her (Kyou's favorite instrument), despite the fact that she understood it as a selfish act (another defense mechanism) at that time. Just my opinion.

Dex-chan lover
I interpret Chapter 34 in a completely different way. Kyou was definitely the most important person in her life before she met Aki. Shiho was simply using defense mechanisms (as is her habit) so she wouldn't have to deal with the pain of her death. If Kyou really had been just an acquaintance to her, she wouldn't have gone almost every day to the grave to talk to her and tell her about her life, nor would she have formed a band along with Momoka and Hajime to keep her memory alive when she wanted to quit music altogether at that moment.

I even believe that the reason why she chose to play the guitar was to stay "connected" with her (Kyou's favorite instrument), despite the fact that she understood it as a selfish act (another defense mechanism) at that time. Just my opinion.
We'll I could see the guitar part. For Kyou ig we have different interpretation but I could see it that way too. for me the reason Shiho was visiting Kyou so much was bcs of guilt. She felt guilty for feeling relived that she died and such that's why she often visited Kyou. And for the bad you could say it was both, if u read the last few pages on ch 34 that was all that kyou had. Abandoning it would be like abandoning herself.

We'll I could see the guitar part. For Kyou ig we have different interpretation but I could see it that way too. for me the reason Shiho was visiting Kyou so much was bcs of guilt. She felt guilty for feeling relived that she died and such that's why she often visited Kyou. And for the bad you could say it was both, if u read the last few pages on ch 34 that was all that kyou had. Abandoning it would be like abandoning herself.
I agree with both of you. Shiho's feeling about Kyou is complicated. But I think the most important part is that Kyou is the motivation and the reason why Shiho put so much effort on music. As Shiho said, it's just like a curse that music hurts her a lot (both music accomplishment and love) but she just can't live without it.
However, even having a lot of baggage and experiencing many painful things, Shiho never uses her past as an excuse to emotional blackmail the others or quit improving herself.
IMO this arc is all about a lovelorn teenager, who is brave enough to face the unrequited love and make it her strength, makes up for childhood regrets and fulfills an old friend's dream.
It’s very inspirational and that’s why I love Shiho and this arc so much.

Dex-chan lover
You raised valid points. It's probably a mix of everything, like AdmireVega4343 said. It makes sense that guilt was/is a major factor in explaining her course of actions regarding Kyou.

Fed-Kun's army
I hope it's something interesting like abduction by aliens and not the usual stuff.

Dex-chan lover
That one comment you liked in this thread already called her "the bitch," a "little shitstain," and a "fucking bitch". It got the point across just fine, so there was no need to list all of her Crimes again.
I'm pretty sure I liked no such comment. And it's rather disingenuous of you to equate what I said with that. Do you make a habit of trolling, or is it just occasional?

what I'd love to happen here is for shiho to just come back casually like 'I'm back I just went to the bathroom' and see everyone losing their minds. would be pretty funny

Dex-chan lover
I'm pretty sure I liked no such comment. And it's rather disingenuous of you to equate what I said with that. Do you make a habit of trolling, or is it just occasional?

I admit I was being petty, but I was not trolling... I didn't want to post a screenshot at first because going that far seemed too petty even for me, but since you asked:

jshWJ0X.png

Of course, Shiho the bitch is still causing drama. That little shitstain just couldn't help but drag absolutely everyone down with her. If she wants to push people away then those people should just stop giving a fuck about her, she deserves it. She just hurts everyone who's trying to reach their hand out to her. She's just the absolute worse. Fucking bitch
my brother in christ calm down ong💀

Users who are viewing this thread