Yajin Tensei: Karate Survivor in Another World - Vol. 6 Ch. 39 - Paul Attacks

Dex-chan lover
I think this is the first time we see him in this town.

Also, I wonder whom "Chief" should refer to in their dialog (Chief is going to attack). Paul? Gary?

I had to look at the chapters ahead to get an idea about who was doing what, and I don't want to spoil things, but I think the original dialogue is setting the reader up to think that Paul will be the main antagonist, and it's only hinting that Gary is also up to shenanigans. The next few chapters are going to be exciting though!

Dex-chan lover
this manga is good at making you feel paranoid lol, in the end it'd be pretty satisfying when yajin finally find his place

Dex-chan lover
I had to look at the chapters ahead to get an idea about who was doing what, and I don't want to spoil things, but I think the original dialogue is setting the reader up to think that Paul will be the main antagonist, and it's only hinting that Gary is also up to shenanigans. The next few chapters are going to be exciting though!

Ah, yes. I rechecked chapter 36. "The Chief" refers to Gary, apparently. I didn't get it clearly the first time; the informant addressed Gary as Chief in the first part of his dialog.
And in the second part:
"What's Gary doing?"
"... everything around Gary ..." <- This line threw me off since the informant changed the addressing from Chief to Gary, it gave an impression that he was addressing another person than Chief.

Only in later part when I re-read his line "if Chief Gary ..." <- Ah, so he was addressing one man, not two men.

Dex-chan lover
Imagine if Yajin decimates the local economy by killing enough adventurers that come after him. His effort to keep the pelt shop open goes down the drain when there's no adventurers to bring in pelts. Tho it probably won't reach that point.

Dex-chan lover
Sometimes I forget they don't know he broke the level ceiling. It's actually been a while since they brought up the RPG like stuff. Feels and flows so much better without it, but makes it easier for the reader to understand strengths
Yajin did defeat a former knight who had reached level 15 to break his own level 10 cap, even if said knight had retired due to injury, though. It seems that regardless of level, because humans are intelligent and can use weaponry, human v human comes down to skill and equipment more than level.

Though it would be funny if it would require that black steel equipment to truly hurt him, given he's technically a level 19 or 20 goblin evolution (which I believe is why he's able to get xp from killing other humans in the first place -early on it's stated that the xp is next to nothing for killing same-species).

Dex-chan lover
Ah, yes. I rechecked chapter 36. "The Chief" refers to Gary, apparently. I didn't get it clearly the first time; the informant addressed Gary as Chief in the first part of his dialog.
And in the second part:
"What's Gary doing?"
"... everything around Gary ..." <- This line threw me off since the informant changed the addressing from Chief to Gary, it gave an impression that he was addressing another person than Chief.

Only in later part when I re-read his line "if Chief Gary ..." <- Ah, so he was addressing one man, not two men.
This was one of the reasons I had trouble with the translation. The informant uses the name Gary and separately the word だんな 'danna', or lord/master, which is itself different from the word I translated in the earlier chapters to 'Chief'. It could still be that I mistranslated it and it is a third person.
The dialogue also seems to require some reading between the lines, which was doubly tough for me to try understanding.

Feels like the manga skipped some things, like who that informant was that came up out of nowhere
I think he's just one of the adventurers who drink in the bar with Gary and his men, whom Yajin managed to bribe. Thanks to Al, Yajin knows he needs ways to get info on other people's plots.

Dex-chan lover
This and Highserk Senki is just generally good storys and such a fresh air in the isekai genre. Thanks for translating it and keep up the good work.

Aggregator gang
Sometimes I forget they don't know he broke the level ceiling. It's actually been a while since they brought up the RPG like stuff. Feels and flows so much better without it, but makes it easier for the reader to understand strengths
I thought only the guy that got the kill would break through, so the only one that did was the bald guy with the black steel axe.

Users who are viewing this thread