Yancha Gal no Anjou-san - Vol. 13 Ch. 151 - Anjou-san Wants to Fool Around

Dex-chan lover
I understand him stuttering outside and being shy
but I can't understand a character freaking out at that situation, very clearly saying "No."
why doesn't he like her?

Dex-chan lover
__mori_calliope_and_kobo_kanaeru_hololive_and_2_more_drawn_by_wersman__sample-4a9f5d36be5ea79e6f3e626ce3721616.jpg

Dex-chan lover
Some are using "horny" as a pejorative, like saying she's "loose" or "down bad," since she's a gyaru. It's those comments that I responded to. Clearly she's horny in the moment. I'm saying she's a normal amount of horny and is having to do all this extra stuff to get her boyfriend to do basic gestures.
At the same time you're defending Anjou your putting down Seto. He is heading into an unkown situation. He is scared, doesn't know what to do and has issues being emotionally and physically intimate with other people. Yet you judge him for it as others judge Anjou. If it is okay for her to be horny, is it not okay for him to be filled with trepidation? Or should all men be lead around by their dicks with no other thoughts or concerns?

Dex-chan lover
At the same time you're defending Anjou your putting down Seto. He is heading into an unkown situation. He is scared, doesn't know what to do and has issues being emotionally and physically intimate with other people. Yet you judge him for it as others judge Anjou. If it is okay for her to be horny, is it not okay for him to be filled with trepidation? Or should all men be lead around by their dicks with no other thoughts or concerns?
No it's not. It's not natural and I can't imagine you'd say this outside the context of a manga (or I should say I hope you wouldn't). It's a matter of believability. It's a criticism of the writer and this trope more than anything. This is not a Seto issue. Seto is not going through something a million other MCs in romance stories haven't already. It's not unique to his character. This is a standard trope that nearly all Seto-like characters share. It's rinsed and repeated for the purpose of stretching out romantic progression; because many writers of these types are unable to handle post-relationship writing and don't know how to delay a relationship other than having the MC be extremely, unrealistically shy and anxious at all times and about all things.

Last edited:
I see a few types of people, some that are malding that Seto isn't acting like a brain-dead monkey, some that are hyped for seggs, some that are cheering Anjou on, and here I am thinking that Seto is totally down for it, he just needs to mentally prepare himself which IMO is fair and should be respected.

Group Leader
people focusing on seto getting laid while i’m here being super impressed how the author manage to build up the intensity of their exchange with each panel. that last page of seto getting kissed, and pushed down by by anjou is nothing short of perfection!

Dex-chan lover
I see a few types of people, some that are malding that Seto isn't acting like a brain-dead monkey, some that are hyped for seggs, some that are cheering Anjou on, and here I am thinking that Seto is totally down for it, he just needs to mentally prepare himself which IMO is fair and should be respected.
i know, i dont get why some people are in such a rush to see a sex scene, like if you want to see manga characters do it there's another site you can go to and see a lifetime's worth. the thing that makes this manga good is the characters and how they interact, so as long as that is portrayed well i dont care how long it takes them.

UGH. Everyone's arguing about how Seto's acting like a frigid little boy and no one's mentioning how we are now leaning heavily into dub-con. It doesn't matter WHY Seto is saying "No", the fact remains that he IS saying "No" and Anjou is ignoring that. Honestly, switch their sexes and you all would be screaming for boy!Anjou's c**k to be cut off. Just because it's female-on-male doesn't make it okay. Consent works both ways.

Dex-chan lover
UGH. Everyone's arguing about how Seto's acting like a frigid little boy and no one's mentioning how we are now leaning heavily into dub-con. It doesn't matter WHY Seto is saying "No", the fact remains that he IS saying "No" and Anjou is ignoring that. Honestly, switch their sexes and you all would be screaming for boy!Anjou's c**k to be cut off. Just because it's female-on-male doesn't make it okay. Consent works both ways.
No? Sometimes girls act this way in other manga, and people get equally upset with their behavior too. It's not about consent it's about character motivation and reasoning. If character of any gender is doing bullshit and most readers don't understand why are they doing it - that's the problem of writer, not the readers. So maybe author should explain why Seto keep saying no to his actual girlfriend and provide us with some believable reasons? Like for example being afraid of having the 1st sex. It's realistic and understandable. Maybe it's what's exactly happening with Seto right now, but author should express it properly. Instead we have the same old dumb and misleading words and thoutghs of Seto.

So on one hand kudos to mangaka for the actual intimate scene even if it won't end in actual sex, on other hand he should come up with something more reasonable than this "Nooo! Anjou-san you can't do it! Nooo!" that became obsolete long time ago and at this point is just outright irritating

Users who are viewing this thread